tModLoader Mounted Magic Mirrors - Fast travel!

I can safely say that this mod is already works the way it intended in MP. At first I thought I can tp freely anywhere in the map, but actually it requires you to click the mirror as the jumping device across other mirrors.

Pretty good mod as always hamstar!

I think I realized when I played MP, if you touch mirror and you pick it up and move it elsewhere, the original location will still present on the map as target

Not that I see that as an issue, but I think that is unintended

Do I need a new world or player for this? I already have hamstar helpers as I'm using extensible inventory
If you want preplaced mirrors, yes. You can still craft them yourself, though.

I love TerraCustom, tModLoader, all the mods, but this gave me a (possibly beer inspired 🍻 ) idea: would it be possible to run any part of world generation, specifically any individual steps from a mod on an already existing world?

There are plenty of in game vanilla instances (the hallowed/corruption V) and mod generated examples of events happening (such as beating a boss and generating ores in a specific layer in any number of mods). And then there's that one mod, forget the name atm, sorry, that is something like excessive worldgen that just repeats world gen events over and over again. Anyway, just a late night thought....

I love TerraCustom, tModLoader, all the mods, but this gave me a (possibly beer inspired 🍻 ) idea: would it be possible to run any part of world generation, specifically any individual steps from a mod on an already existing world?
I don't see why not.

The last update has some bug in it:

I have several mods and everything works just fine in Singleplayer, and worked in Multiplayer as well until the last update.

After updating and playing in Singleplayer I didn't suspect anything, but later I tried to play in Multiplayer again and was just stuck once I entered the world. I couldn't do anything, that means moving or using anything, except using the F1-12 keys and clicking on things that didn't require the inventory to be open (e.g. minimap zoom).
The friend that was trying to join had another problem, as he was stuck in the syncing mods process.
We had all mods up to date and even tried it again once the Mod Browser was online again (was temporarily down for some time).

Then I tried disabling several mods one by one (first those which I interacted with when I played in Singleplayer for some minutes before starting the server), the updated ones first of course, and after checking it with 3 other mods everything suddenly worked again once I disabled Mounted Magic Mirrors, so there has to be some bug in the latest update.

Edit: By server I mean host and play with Steam

The last update has some bug in it:

I have several mods and everything works just fine in Singleplayer, and worked in Multiplayer as well until the last update.

After updating and playing in Singleplayer I didn't suspect anything, but later I tried to play in Multiplayer again and was just stuck once I entered the world. I couldn't do anything, that means moving or using anything, except using the F1-12 keys and clicking on things that didn't require the inventory to be open (e.g. minimap zoom).
The friend that was trying to join had another problem, as he was stuck in the syncing mods process.
We had all mods up to date and even tried it again once the Mod Browser was online again (was temporarily down for some time).

Then I tried disabling several mods one by one (first those which I interacted with when I played in Singleplayer for some minutes before starting the server), the updated ones first of course, and after checking it with 3 other mods everything suddenly worked again once I disabled Mounted Magic Mirrors, so there has to be some bug in the latest update.

Edit: By server I mean host and play with Steam
What was your previous version? Can you send me your client.log and server.log files when you encounter the issue?

Edit: Is Mod Helpers up to date?

What was your previous version? Can you send me your client.log and server.log files when you encounter the issue?

Edit: Is Mod Helpers up to date?
Mounted Magic Mirrors has been updated just recently, it works again.
It was the previous version and the issue was consistent, but I guess now it's irrelevant since it seems to be fixed.

Like I said, I updated four mods, not sure when Mod Helpers got the latest one, but the latest were others, including Mounted Magic Mirrors.

Besides that, the issue with the friend was another one irrelevant to this one, for some reason a mod (SoA) was deleted for no reason and it didn't want to sync (he realized it when he checked his mods and it worked after adding it again).

The multiplayer reset bug still exists, we are playing the newest version on the mod browser and everytime we disconnect we have to go near the teleporters to teleport to them.

The multiplayer reset bug still exists, we are playing the newest version on the mod browser and everytime we disconnect we have to go near the teleporters to teleport to them.
Can you post your client.log file when you first join a server?

Deactivated all you mentioned, the problem still persists.
Here is the client.log without the mods if you need it.

Attachments

• client.log
    42.8 KB · Views: 107
Hello, I just wanted to know what was the Missile mirror's purpose and how do you use it, because I crafted one but right-clicking or left-clicking, directly or in the quick inventory doesn't do anything.

Hello, I just wanted to know what was the Missile mirror's purpose and how do you use it, because I crafted one but right-clicking or left-clicking, directly or in the quick inventory doesn't do anything.
I assume you mean the Mounted Mirror? You place them on walls and interact with them in your world.

I assume you mean the Mounted Mirror? You place them on walls and interact with them in your world.
Ok, maybe you forgot about it, but in your mod you allow us to craft a "Mirror missile", crafted from a magic mirror, a magic missile (from the dungeon), and 10 bones. Its tooltip says "faster than walking"...

Lovely! `:happy: Clean, thematically consistent, and bug-free, just what I expect from a hamstar mod.

Would you consider adding an optional cost to the config? Like maybe -20 permanent mana when placed; this could be restored with a mana crystal as usual. Just to make setting up these permanent teleporters seem a little less casual.

Will the mirrors have new craftable sprites in the future? maybe pylon related? lovely mod by the way.. works great.

Back
Top Bottom