Linux Mouse Cursor Missing After 1.3.5 Update

Phraeyll

Terrarian
I am having an issue with the mouse cursor not appearing when I launch the game. I can navigate the menu using wasd, and left clicking, but the cursor does not show. The game worked fine before the 1.3.5 update. I am using Archlinux, currently with kernel version 4.11.5. I assumed this was being worked on, but I'm guessing the issue is mostly unknown/unreported. I have seen two orum posts under support with Linux users experiencing this issue, and another post on the steam community.

Specifically, the mouse works, but the cursor does not show. At the main menu, if i navigate to the keybindings settings, using wasd, and change a keybind, the cursor shows up, but then I cannot click on anything, and have to close the process.. If I launc into a game, I do not see any menus when pressing escape, and the cursor stays focused upwards, never moving at that point. I have to force close the process.

Settings and config files are default from a fresh install after deleting all previous files. System information:
OS => Archlinux (x86_64)
CPU => i5-2400 (3.1 GHz)
RAM => 16GB
Disk => ~100GB Free SSD (Samsung 840)
Graphics => GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Kernel => 4.11.6-3
Video Driver => nvidia proprietary (381.22-3)

Is there any sort of trace or log file that can provide more information?

Last edited:
I am having an issue with the mouse cursor not appearing when I launch the game. I can navigate the menu using wasd, and left clicking, but the cursor does not show. The game worked fine before the 1.3.5 update. I am using Archlinux, currently with kernel version 4.11.5. I assumed this was being worked on, but I'm guessing the issue is mostly unknown/unreported. I have seen two orum posts under support with Linux users experiencing this issue, and another post on the steam community.

Specifically, the mouse works, but the cursor does not show. At the main menu, if i navigate to the keybindings settings, using wasd, and change a keybind, the cursor shows up, but then I cannot click on anything, and have to close the process.. If I launc into a game, I do not see any menus when pressing escape, and the cursor stays focused upwards, never moving at that point. I have to force close the process.

Hi,

Check Steam settings -> controller -> general controller settings -> if there is some controllers detected Terraria will think that you have controller. In my case I had to delete xboxdrv from my linux machine to get rid of controller view in Terraria.

Back
Top Bottom