Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
hello,
im using terraria 1.4.1.2 on pc (steam) and recently got a bug in the main menu where i click and the mouse gets placed to the first option. i did some research but the answers there didnt seem to work, also im just using my touchpad from my laptop. can anybody help me out?

This sounds like a keybinding issue.

If you try resetting your keybindings, it should resolve it. To do so, go to Documents>My Games>Terraria, and delete input_profiles (or input_profiles.json, its the same thing).

This will set your keybindings back to default.

If this does NOT fix it, then if I could hazard a guess, its a touchpad issue on your laptop. In my experience, some touchpads have some awkward faulty double inputs that can go undetected at times, and pop up in unusual circumstances. The mouse being placed on the first option usually means that the game thinks that the "Up" key is being pressed, likely on a Gamepad. It could be that your touchpad is being treated the same way.

This sounds like a keybinding issue.

If you try resetting your keybindings, it should resolve it. To do so, go to Documents>My Games>Terraria, and delete input_profiles (or input_profiles.json, its the same thing).

This will set your keybindings back to default.

If this does NOT fix it, then if I could hazard a guess, its a touchpad issue on your laptop. In my experience, some touchpads have some awkward faulty double inputs that can go undetected at times, and pop up in unusual circumstances. The mouse being placed on the first option usually means that the game thinks that the "Up" key is being pressed, likely on a Gamepad. It could be that your touchpad is being treated the same way.
thank you very much man it helped

Back
Top Bottom