PC Mouse Lag with Frame Skip off

Scansy

Terrarian
My Terraria's fps seems to stuck at 47fps, I searched on Google and the solution is to turn Frame Skip to off. It worked, but there's another problem. The mouse cursor seems to move like in a cinematic mode or something. It looks like its sliding on ice like in Terraria, which is cool and annoying at the same time :sigh:. I turn Vsync off on Nvidia control panel, its not as ice-ey anymore but its still visible enough. Can anyone help? Also my laptop's spec seems to meet the requirements for Terraria:

Processor: Intel Core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M
RAM: 4GB
1TB HDD
With Windows 10. :)

Have you tried toggling multi-core lighting on or off to see if that makes any difference? If not, go ahead and try that (as well as trying out various combinations of that with Frame Skip both on and off). If none of the possible combinations are an improvement, we can look into the matter further.

Have you tried toggling multi-core lighting on or off to see if that makes any difference? If not, go ahead and try that (as well as trying out various combinations of that with Frame Skip both on and off). If none of the possible combinations are an improvement, we can look into the matter further.
I've tried using multicore lighting, background on/off, and trying other combination. But it still there.

When you go into Video settings, try lowering the Quality option. It may be that your FPS is struggling to go above 47ish because your laptop is struggling to run the game; this could ease the burden a bit. That, in turn, may impact your mouse issues.

Terraria's recommended specs are 3.0Ghz, so that have something to do with it as well.

Let me know if that helps at all! :)

Q: I am experiencing low frame rate for Terraria, but the machine passes as recommended?
A: If you are using nVidia Control Panel, you can select Terraria.exe process and change the specifications on how your graphic card handles the game. Follow these instructions:
  1. Open nVidia Control Panel.
  2. Select Manage 3D Settings.
  3. Choose Program Settings Tab.
  4. Select Terraria as current program.
  5. Turn Triple buffering and Vertical sync to On.
  6. Run Terraria and turn Frame Skip to Off.
  7. The application should be running better than your current setup.
Alternate Solution (The Aero Mode Bug)
  1. Goto your Desktop.
  2. Right Click and Select Personalize.
  3. Enable Aero Mode by selecting an Aero Background Option.
  4. You can also go Fullscreen Mode while Disabled Aero Mode.

Hey! I know this is a VERY late response but, the solution you guys gave me fixed the problem a little. The mouse lag is barely visible now and doesn't annoy me as much as before. Thanks! :happy:

Guys, bad news. It occurs again :sigh:. What is the new subtle frame skip option do too by the way?

This probably have nothing to do with fps, but maybe because I'm using Steam's Family Sharing feature. Because family sharing can only be accessed when there's an internet connection, and I also bought Terraria on my old account

Back
Top Bottom