NPCs & Enemies Move Normal Bosses to Treasure Bag System

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

Pegboard

Steampunker
We all know how annoying it is to fight a boss in Multiplayer, and have all the bosses loot taken by one person, If you've played Expert Multiplayer you would know that treasure bags are clientsided, and everyone gets one if they are around when the boss is killed, I'm thinking "why not have normal mode bosses ALSO have this system"
I think it'd be perfectly reasonable to do this, I can't think of a reason not to.
Loot would of course, be split evenly between all players who damaged the boss, that way no more loot is really created it just splits evenly

Last edited:
We all know how annoying it is to fight a boss in Multiplayer, and have all the bosses loot taken by one person, If you've played Expert Multiplayer you would know that treasure bags are clientsided, and everyone gets one if they are around when the boss is killed, I'm thinking "why not have normal mode bosses ALSO have this system"
I think it'd be perfectly reasonable to do this, I can't think of a reason not to.

Sure, as long as it is split up evenly. Maybe each person who delt at least 1/10 of the bosses' health will get a drop, and each extra contributor adds a multiplier of 1/3?

The thing is that the treasure bag system effectively doubles the loot. As expert mode has scaling bosses, this is no problem. Normal mode however does not.
I don't see how, Unless everyone piles the loot together it'd be exactly the same and allow for everyone to get a fair share of loot

I don't see how, Unless everyone piles the loot together it'd be exactly the same and allow for everyone to get a fair share of loot
A treasure bag always gives the boss' drop table. Therefore 2 treasure bags= killing the boss 2 times in normal mode. See how this is a problem?

A treasure bag always gives the boss' drop table. Therefore 2 treasure bags= killing the boss 2 times in normal mode. See how this is a problem?
Not really no, Only the mech bosses and EoC and EoW even drop materials as far as I am aware so it really shouldn't matter

Moon lord.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437827709,1437827606][/DOUBLEPOST]To clarify, If you take 6 people to moon lord in normal mode
-6 times easier
-6 times more loot

Expert
-6 times harder
-6 times more loot

Get it now?
So bascially you don't like this because you find it makes the game easier? You'd rather people on servers that steal all the loot and just trash it to :red: with people?

You'd rather people on servers that steal all the loot and just trash it to :red: with people?
Because it's fairer to players of all skill level. Provided you don't play with idiots. Harder fights deserve more loot. Easier fights can be grinded over and over more easily for the same amount of loot.

My advice, don't play with whoever that is anymore. Redigit can't cater to every single demand just because of a few errant :red:heads.

Because it's fairer to players of all skill level. Provided you don't play with idiots. Harder fights deserve more loot. Easier fights can be grinded over and over more easily for the same amount of loot.

My advice, don't play with whoever that is anymore. Redigit can't cater to every single demand just because of a few errant :red:heads.

Honestly all this does is reduce grinding in my opinion, I don't see why that's an issue. Grinding is not very fun

Or make loot bag's loot untradable.. Or no loot bags for normal.. Or reduced loot from loot bag.. Or keep it as it is...
Or.. just play expert?

Grinding is not very fun
Really? I find it kinda amusing, to be honest. And bosses in multi/normal world go down so fast you hardly remember you're grinding. Like in all events with multiple people, play it with people you can get along with. Multiplayer is merely for the interaction, because Terraria remains a mostly single player game. And again, I think fairness in distribution of loot between normal/expert world is paramount with the difference in difficulty.

Aah, the only exception to that is grinding a mob. Especially in Terraria.

We could just have some kind of boss scaling in normal mode.
Then you'd have people complaining how bosses are the :red: even with my brother and his waifus coming along to help. No to that, as well.

Which still leaves the question of fairness in scaled difficulty. Again, I'd say no to that. Unless the scaling is equal, I'd say it isn't fair for extreme world players. But doing that, and yes, complaints all around.

Which still leaves the question of fairness in scaled difficulty. Again, I'd say no to that. Unless the scaling is equal, I'd say it isn't fair for extreme world players. But doing that, and yes, complaints all around.
Expert mode would remain the same

Yes, I never said any changes would be made to expert mode.

But if normal scales from 1 to 1.2, and expert scales from 1 to 2, expert still deserve twice the loot. When I said the scaling should be equal I meant that the bosses' stats should go through the same multiplier as expert mode does in multiplayer for fairness.

Normal mode isnt suppose to have treasure bags
They are suppose to reward those who can defeat the bosses on expert mode

Back
Top Bottom