Moving left or right cause lag spikes

YStar

Skeletron Prime
Specs 1:
GeForce GT 540M [355.60] -or- Intel HD (both are tested)
Intel Core i5-2410M
8GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro

Specs 2:
Lenovo ThinkPad 8 with Windows 10 Home (Windows 8.1 is not affected)

Hello. I have got in-game lag spikes when moving left/right but jump. No matter is window mode or fullscreen. I Can't explain what kind of lag it is but I can send a video recorded by Windows 10 built-in feature.

Upd:
It happens only if player on the ground.

Last edited:
Looks like this might be a good candidate for the Tech Support section; I'm going to tentatively move it there for now. If posters there thing it belongs back in Bugs, just ping me or PM me and I can move it back.

press F7 do you see any high ms spikes ?
does it happen in single player ? or only multiplayer ?
what's the frequency of the lag spikes ?

edit: you might try to put the power plan to high performance and always use the dedicated graphic card

I may be wrong, but it seems similar to what I experience, albeit I never noticed it being linked to moving left or right
nor any influence with achievements and also it happened on windows 7

one thing I'm really really interested to know
could you list ALL the microsoft .NET frameworks that appear in your add/remove programs (or programs & features or whatever)
and same for ALL the microsoft XNA frameworks

and also for both Operating systems

thanks.

XNA 4.0 Refresh both
.NET in PC(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP): 2.0.50727, 3.0, 3.5, 4, 4.0
.NET in Tablet: 3.0, 4, 4.0

Both systems are up to date.
edit: .NET 4 in registry has v4.6.00079 ver.

I have a GT 740 gigabyte 4 gig GCARD and I used to lag on terraria until I turned multicore lighting off. Boom, No more lag at all

Back
Top Bottom