PC Much GPU, No CPU.

Flamer_ion

Official Terrarian
Actually I'm running the game at 30FPS (checked via F10) and it lags sometimes, while I was playing I took a look at GPU/CPU usage using ProcessHacker to see that Terraria GPU usage is always between 90-100% while CPU is nearly 5%, is there any way to decrease the GPU usage and increase performance without loosing quality?
"Note that even chrome with one tab is using more CPU than Terraria"

(Running Terraria with everything at high, resolution: 1280x960, at the following specs:
CPU: Intel Core I3-2100
GPU: Gigabit Geforce 210 1GB
RAM: 4GB)

Reduce your resolution for terraria to 800x600 and set lighting to 1. Give me your report on your frames from that.

After setting everything at the minimum, FPS is 125 in fullscreen and 115 windowed.
What is Multicore lighting for? Turning it on seems to stop the little lags that happens while running in high resolution with a bit boost in FPS (2-4 FPS). Also what are these 0% that appear inside Brackets?

After setting everything at the minimum, FPS is 125 in fullscreen and 115 windowed.
What is Multicore lighting for? Turning it on seems to stop the little lags that happens while running in high resolution with a bit boost in FPS (2-4 FPS). Also what are these 0% that appear inside Brackets?

Simply put, you have a low-end card and you do not meet requirements for high settings. You will have to play with the low settings that give you optimal FPS performance.

Simply put, you have a low-end card and you do not meet requirements for high settings. You will have to play with the low settings that give you optimal FPS performance.
I'm going to upgrade my graphics card once I can. This thread can now be locked.

Back
Top Bottom