tModLoader Multi Lure Accessories

Dark Dragoon

Terrarian
This mod is based on the "MultiLure" mod created by "abluescarab". This wouldn't exist without his original creation so check it and his other mods out first -- https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/abluescarabs-mods.47835/
I liked the extra lures from his mod but unfortunately they're added through cheat sheet and thus to me felt kind of wrong using so I made this.

It adds 5 different accessories that give extra fishing lines ranging from 1 extra to 19 extra for a current max of 20, the same as the original mod.
I didn't want to make them super expensive but I also didn't want to make them instantly obtainable so I made them obtainable after certain progression. The list of crafting ingredients and crafting stations are below.

1 Extra Line -- 25 Cobwebs, 1 Hook @ Workbench
2 Extra Lines -- 2x 1 Extra Line @ Workbench
4x Extra Lines -- 2x 2 Extra Lines @ Iron/Lead Anvil
9x Extra Lines -- 2x 4 Extra Lines, 1x 1 Extra Line @ Mythril/Orichalchum Anvil
19x Extra Lines -- 2x 9 Extra Lines, 1x 1 Extra Line, 20 Adamantite OR Titanium Bars @ Tinkerers Workshop

Download -- https://www.dropbox.com/s/yivtcm01cc7ro09/MultiLureAccessories.tmod?dl=0

***IMPORTANT***

Currently this mod is not compatible with "abluescarab"s original "MultiLure" mod for Cheat Sheet and Hero's Mod since it overwrites mine, I will likely try to fix this at some point since I don't like having conflicts but really It's not a big priority since this is meant as a replacement for it anyways.

v1.1 - Fixed compatibility with "More Accessories Plus" mod.

Last edited:
so i was playing with this mod in multiplayer with friends, and it worked well. We found out that the accsesory worked in the vanity slot and kept it there. I then found out that if i take the multi-lure out of my vanity accsesory slot, i could not move, interact (like with doors), attack, or do anything. When i put it back it went fine. Later, one of my friends accidently put the multi-lure into a chest and left it in there. He could do nothing at all. He tried saving + exiting to fix it and that did nothing, so then we removed the mod and that fixed him, except for one thing. He had a build based around mage, and his mana was in the negative millions. We fixed it with the god mode in heros mod.

so i was playing with this mod in multiplayer with friends, and it worked well. We found out that the accsesory worked in the vanity slot and kept it there. I then found out that if i take the multi-lure out of my vanity accsesory slot, i could not move, interact (like with doors), attack, or do anything. When i put it back it went fine. Later, one of my friends accidently put the multi-lure into a chest and left it in there. He could do nothing at all. He tried saving + exiting to fix it and that did nothing, so then we removed the mod and that fixed him, except for one thing. He had a build based around mage, and his mana was in the negative millions. We fixed it with the god mode in heros mod.

That's a very odd error, it working in the vanity slots is intentional however I never had an issue when removing it, I did however find a conflict with the "MoreAccessoriesPlus" mod, which adds an extra accessory slot. I manager to fix it by pretty much redoing the coding, I don't play multiplayer so I can't really test that myself but if you would like to download the update and see if it fixes your error let me know the outcome please.

This is an awesome mod. :) Are you planning on updating?
its your own mod ablues but with the ability to craft each extra lures and use them on your accesories and get the legally felling in using them, and if Dark Dragon is absent why dont you return the favor to him like he do the same for you and update his mod to 0.10.0.2 Im sure that he will like it.

its your own mod ablues but with the ability to craft each extra lures and use them on your accesories and get the legally felling in using them, and if Dark Dragon is absent why dont you return the favor to him like he do the same for you and update his mod to 0.10.0.2 Im sure that he will like it.
@abluescarab would need the source code to update the mod, otherwise he would need to re-make the mod from scratch. So i suppose it's just best to wait for @Dark Dragoon to update the mod.

That's how I found it! I search the forums and the web occasionally for people mentioning my mods in case they mentioned a problem and didn't post it on these forums.
@abluescarab would need the source code to update the mod, otherwise he would need to re-make the mod from scratch. So i suppose it's just best to wait for @Dark Dragoon to update the mod.
The mod actually includes the source code. I opened it with tModReader. I'm hesitant to update it, however, until we're sure Dark won't.

Hey, guys! Here's a sloppy update for the mod (and a minor pronoun fix in the description :p). Pinging @DontEatSocks, @The Staircase Official, @lightbowser1, and @Dragonchampion. Didn't test it so let me know if it's broken.
I test the mod and works fine on its own,even if you use antisocial mod from jopojelly the mod works fine with that mod too, but I have a question ablues.
why when we make the 9 lures accesory its understandable to do it on the hardmode anvil, but the 19 lures it requires to craft on the tinkerworkshop why not having both the tinkerworkshop and the hardmode anvil too as a requierment?

I test the mod and works fine on its own,even if you use antisocial mod from jopojelly the mod works fine with that mod too, but I have a question ablues.
why when we make the 9 lures accesory its understandable to do it on the hardmode anvil, but the 19 lures it requires to craft on the tinkerworkshop why not having both the tinkerworkshop and the hardmode anvil too as a requierment?
I don't know, I didn't do anything but modify the build number and recompile. Any design decisions like that were Dark's choice.

Is the multilure working fine on 10.1.3 as well?

I have not tried it yet, my experience though is that most mods not updated specifically for 10.1.3 will work. Occasionally tModloader will decide that since a mod was created for 10.1.1 it needs to be automatically disabled but most times if this occurs all you need to do is re-enable the mod and reload (or restart). I'll be trying this next time I play and will try and remember to come back and say if it's working.

Edit: It does indeed work, at least a single extra line does. I don't currently have the materials to test more than that. I'm not sure if it's intended that it works while equipped in the cosmetics slot but that's not exactly OP and removes the hassle of switching back and forth. So use away with tModloader 10.1.3 and take some of the hassle out of fishing.

Last edited:

I know this is years old. But felt I should reply anyway.
The 9 lure accessory is part of the recipe for the 19 lure accessory, so it would already need the hardmode anvil without needing to complicate the code in anyway. Once you can craft the 9 lure, you can already craft the 19 lure. If you have the materials, as most people have found their goblin before hardmode.

I know it's kinda old, but I really enjoyed the mod on my last modded playthrough and now, the download link isn't working. If you're still in this forum, could you fix the link?
If the author doesn't respond, is there anyone who still has the mod on their computer? If yes, could you message me?

Back
Top Bottom