Portfolio/Multi-Topic Multi-topic Suggestion regarding Bats!

JunaiSurrender

Terrarian
Hello! This is my first post (and the one that motivated me to come here). Feel free to move this post if it's not on the right place.

I have some suggestions regarding the Bat enemies, because I work with bats for a living and I thing there could be cool things to add, but first, I'd like to note the necessity of a fix:

• On the bestiary it says the jungle bats are rodents, which is nor correct. Bats are quiropterans, an order as different from rodents as primates are from carnivores;
Now the actual suggestions:
  • Add pacific bat critters. There is a huge variety of bats with multiple colors and forms. They live mostly on surface, get out at night to eat fruir, insects and pollen and go to sleep on darker holes or cave entrances;

Your post inspired me to read up a bit on bats and, well, just the start of Wikipedia's second paragraph is enough to back you up.

The second largest order of mammals after rodents, bats comprise about 20% of all classified mammal species worldwide, with over 1,400 species.

Not only are they not rodents, that's a lot of bats! So it would do them a well-deserved service to make them into a Terraria critter too.

They seem to get all over the place. But it would be confusing if you saw a bat critter in the jungle, you'd probably think it was a jungle bat and attack it.

How about making a new bat critter that is a friendly critter that flies away if you approach (like some birds) and only appears in the forest surface at night (where there are no other kinds of bats to confuse it with)?

They seem to get all over the place. But it would be confusing if you saw a bat critter in the jungle, you'd probably think it was a jungle bat and attack it.

How about making a new bat critter that is a friendly critter that flies away if you approach (like some birds) and only appears in the forest surface at night (where there are no other kinds of bats to confuse it with)?
Oh ye as critters that would be cool, but as enemy on all biome is hmmmm -_-

Back
Top Bottom