Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
So my friend and I are fighting moon lord, I am using a bunch of buffs and a stardust armor set + dragon, he is using zenith and solar armor as well as a plethora of buffs, and I am hosting. My game keeps freezing and crashing and since my game doesn't save from the crash, we keep getting reverted to the previous save. I found out that if he didn't use the zenith during the fight, the game wont crash, and we confirmed this because we have fought moon lord a handful of times under these conditions, and the zenith being used instantly crashes the game, whereas otherwise (when he is using some other weapon) we are able to kill the moon lord and create a new save state. I figure there is probably too many things going on for the game to manage, with all of the summons and particles and animations playing. I am using a very powerful computer that I use to play more intensive games like Escape From Tarkov on high settings, so I do not think it is a hardware issue on my part. I also verified game files, and restarted my computer anyways. Any ideas on a possible solution so we can use what we want on the boss? This is a multiplayer only issue.

Can you try having your friend, or yourself, use Zenith on its own, OUTSIDE of the Moon Lord fight, and see if it is causing the crash?

Zenith itself uses a new-ish type of graphical system (also present on Terraprisma) that has been known to cause performance impacts or crashes on its own, so it would be useful to know if the Moon Lord element had any role at all in the crash.

My friends are having almost the same issue here. it happens during boss fights or events when people use the zenith or when my friends pvp with zenith. if they use anything else it does not crash.

Back
Top Bottom