Mobile Multiplayer IOS isn't working! [Please help]

Does multiplayer work for you on any version?

• Total voters

freechat900

Terrarian
So me and my sister both have IOS 8.1.1, and ipod 5th generations. And we want to play multiplayer, So both of us try to host, we have the "host multiplayer* option in-game. We didnt see each others games in the *join game* thing. Please help!!!!

First of all, make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, preferably home. (considering home connections are far quicker and more reliable)
Secondly, make sure you both have the most recent version of Terraria. (v 1.2)

NOTE: (Although mobile Wi-Fi tethering does work, Wi-Fi is preffered simply due to loading and buffering speeds)

Once you are connected too your network, close any app cache that may be making your iPods lag, and relaunch Terraria. Make sure only one person is hosting. (on the first device) Once you have established who's hosting, go ahead and search for the game on your second device.

-Regards,
Nero

First of all, make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, preferably home. (considering home connections are far quicker and more reliable)

NOTE: (Although mobile Wi-Fi tethering does work, Wi-Fi is preffered simply due to loading and buffering speeds)

Once you are connected too your network, close any app cache that may be making your iPods lag, and relaunch Terraria. Make sure only one person is hosting. (on the first device) Once you have established who's hosting, go ahead and search for the game on your second device.

-Regards,
Nero
Yes, we are at home. We have the latest version of terraria. (i bought it about 4 days ago, (friday, and today is tuesday). How do i close app cache? Are you talking about the multitasking screen? We have all apps closed but terraria. Only my sister is hosting. Still nothing.

Hard-reboot your iPods, which can be achieved by holding down the power button and the home button together. Keep them held for roughly 10 seconds, and wait for your iPods to reboot. Once they have been turned on successfully, close any and all background task(s) (from the multitasking as you call it) and retry what I mentioned above.

If you are still having problems connecting too eachothers local world, then you might want to conisder checking (or getting your parents to check) your Wi-Fi restrictions. Make sure all necessary options for multiplayer (worldwide gaming) restrictions are turned either on or off.

NOTE: you may need to restart your router for changes to take affect.

Once again, relaunch Terraria, and try hosting and joining. If this problem still continues to occur, then I suggest you post this in the troubleshooting category, and explain clearly what is happening.

-Regards,
Nero

Hard-reboot your iPods, which can be achieved by holding down the power button and the home button together. Keep them held for roughly 10 seconds, and wait for your iPods to reboot. Once they have been turned on successfully, close any and all background task(s) (from the multitasking as you call it) and retry what I mentioned above.

If you are still having problems connecting too eachothers local world, then you might want to conisder checking (or getting your parents to check) your Wi-Fi restrictions. Make sure all necessary options for multiplayer (worldwide gaming) restrictions are turned either on or off.

NOTE: you may need to restart your router for changes to take affect.

Once again, relaunch Terraria, and try hosting and joining. If this problem still continues to occur, then I suggest you post this in the troubleshooting category, and explain clearly what is happening.

-Regards,
Nero
Thanks! I'll try hard-rebooting. I never thought about that. Also i'll try maybe mess around with the setting in the router. If not, then ill post in trouble-shooting category.

On terraria 1.2.10299 I can't play multiplayer with my friends and we rebooted our tablets and it didn't work and we have the same WIFI and didn't work and we don't want to delete it because we beated all the bosses and we got the rarest sorwds and we iOS9

Well for me mine loads like 1/3 % of the bar and just stays there and we have let it wait a long time and nothing but I can join my other friend so it must just be something on his phone but what would only not let me and him connect

Hi guys i got the same problem. I got 3 iPads.mine, my sons, and my daughters. If my daughter created the World we all can join but i cant join my sons World and he cant join mine. We can see the games when joining but it only loads 1/3 then says conection lost..?

Same exact problem here on iOS. I have two iPads, and both can see the other's name on the join game screen. Trying to do so starts the loading screen, but it always times out about a third of the way done.

I was able to test both iPads with an android phone version, and oddly, they both worked fine. I was able to join an iPad game using the android, and the android could join the iPad. It is iPad to iPad that is broken.

Just brainstorming, both iPads are using th same Apple/Game Center ID. Would that be a problem?

I am currently having the same issue. however for me the iPads can join my iPhone but not each other. Both iPads have different Apple/Game center IDs though so I don't think that would be the issue. I think it's a bug that won't allow iPads to join each other and we are going to have to wait out a fix.

my idea. something doesnt load properly. or the internet connection is severed. if it stops about 3/4ths of the way and DOESNT crash then its your internet. if it does crash anywhere in the loading process. you have an easy to fix problem. i suggest trying either way.
as the person joining the world(non-host) try loading up your tutorial world or your own world, exiting to the main menu, then finally loading the online world you want to join. hope i helped!
source: i play alot of iphone to iphone/ipad terraria using an app which has had similar problems pop up.

So me and my sister both have IOS 8.1.1, and ipod 5th generations. And we want to play multiplayer, So both of us try to host, we have the "host multiplayer* option in-game. We didnt see each others games in the *join game* thing. Please help!!!!
one of you start game then the other do join game

My brother and I have the same problem where ever we go that has internet but it worked two weeks go and at home.

I had to wait 1-10 minutes at the join game loading screen before I connected. It works if your not in a rush and don't play multiplayer often but the devs need to fix it.

I get on multiplayer and i see the loading thing, the jungle boomerang and it spins and spins and spins, and i saw someone else say that that they had to wait ten minutes or so but ive waited about 30 mins before with it in the same room as the wifi router and no dice. I have an android s4, and would appreciate any advice

Last edited:
I get on multiplayer and i see the loading thing, the jungle boomerang and it spins and spins and spins, and i saw someone else say that that they had to wait ten minutes or so but ive waited about 30 mins before with it in the same room as the wifi router and no dice. I have an android s4, and would appreciate any advice
Are you trying to play with someone that is on the same network as you? Or are you trying to play online multiplayer? Right now, only local multiplayer is available.

Well for me mine loads like 1/3 % of the bar and just stays there and we have let it wait a long time and nothing but I can join my other friend so it must just be something on his phone but what would only not let me and him connect
It may be that your devices have the same name so one of you change your iOS name then it should work
[doublepost=1500133313,1500133221][/doublepost]
Hi guys i got the same problem. I got 3 iPads.mine, my sons, and my daughters. If my daughter created the World we all can join but i cant join my sons World and he cant join mine. We can see the games when joining but it only loads 1/3 then says conection lost..?
It may be that your devices have the same name so one of you change your iOS name then it should work

-Regards,
Nero
It still says the engine for my version isn’t working evening though I have for the most recent update

Back
Top Bottom