PS4 Multiplayer problem PS4

Bounzosm

Terrarian
When trying to connect into an freinds server, says "failed to join session". Nothing seems to help with this problem. We've been playin for four days now, some day i get to play after under ten connection tries. Today i've been trying to connect for over an hour. I have videos of this happening

Attachments

• IMG_20230315_155739.jpg
    IMG_20230315_155739.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 161
I still have the same issue, every time it takes over an hour to join. Today i've been trying to join for over two hours. This is unbearable.

Same problem again. Almost two hours of "failed to join session". I'm going to be an alcoholic if this continues. :D

Same problem today. I'm quite the fighter, we've been playin terraria for over a week now and everyday it has taken me over two hours to join. Why is this not fixed after all these years? I've had my vacation now and in the future i don't have two hours of time to spare only joining. Annoying af.

Same problem today. I'm quite the fighter, we've been playin terraria for over a week now and everyday it has taken me over two hours to join. Why is this not fixed after all these years? I've had my vacation now and in the future i don't have two hours of time to spare only joining. Annoying af.
This doesn't seem to be a widespread issue. Can you get documentation on you and your friend's network connection quality?

I'm currently trying to join my freinds game and the same problem is present, let's see how long it takes to join this time.

I am having a similar issue. I am playing on PS5 and my friend is playing on PS4. I am playing the PS4 version on PS5. We are able to connect on other games that we play together - however, we cannot connect whatsoever on PS4/PS5.

This doesn't seem to be a widespread issue. Can you get documentation on you and your friend's network connection quality?
My friend and I both on ps5 just came across the same issue today, we first both deleted our games restarted our console then tried to see if that would work, nothing “failed to join session”. We both use lan cables and unplugged them and connected to regular wifi, still nothing. This weirdly happened right after we entered hard mode not knowing if that’s coincidence. I’ve played this game on pc, ps4 and ps5 for quite some time and will continue to but I’ve done all the trouble shooting I can and this is definitely an issue that should be fixed asap.

My friend and I both on ps5 just came across the same issue today, we first both deleted our games restarted our console then tried to see if that would work, nothing “failed to join session”. We both use lan cables and unplugged them and connected to regular wifi, still nothing. This weirdly happened right after we entered hard mode not knowing if that’s coincidence. I’ve played this game on pc, ps4 and ps5 for quite some time and will continue to but I’ve done all the trouble shooting I can and this is definitely an issue that should be fixed asap.
Have you run the networking diagnostics?

Have you run the networking diagnostics?
YES! Every other game I am able to play with my friend, it’s not my network neither his I think it is just something either with Sony or the game because when I do go to test my internet the nat type fails though I’m still online in a party with my buddy talking with no lag while every other game we play online runs smooth, need solutions man, spend so much time grinding w my boy just for us to not be able to play with each other. Appreciate you responding in a timely manner really gives me hope to get this fixed, thanks.

Hey it wouldn’t let me reply again but I figured the issue out.
Hey we tested some more things out and this one ended up working if your internet when you go to test it on PlayStation says nat type failed
1.change Dns settings to manual

Change primary dns to 1.1.1.1

Change secondary dns to 1.0.0.1

2. Change DHCP host to DONT SPECIFY

THAN YOU SHOULD BE GOOD.
Don’t know why that was so hard to figure out but definitely an issue between terraria and Sony because every other game online was working even with the nat type failing.

Last edited:
YES! Every other game I am able to play with my friend, it’s not my network neither his I think it is just something either with Sony or the game because when I do go to test my internet the nat type fails though I’m still online in a party with my buddy talking with no lag while every other game we play online runs smooth, need solutions man, spend so much time grinding w my boy just for us to not be able to play with each other. Appreciate you responding in a timely manner really gives me hope to get this fixed, thanks.

Hey it wouldn’t let me reply again but I figured the issue out.
Hey we tested some more things out and this one ended up working if your internet when you go to test it on PlayStation says nat type failed
1.change Dns settings to manual

Change primary dns to 1.1.1.1

Change secondary dns to 1.0.0.1

2. Change DHCP host to DONT SPECIFY

THAN YOU SHOULD BE GOOD.
Don’t know why that was so hard to figure out but definitely an issue between terraria and Sony because every other game online was working even with the nat type failing.
Glad you were able to find a solution! @Nescre do you mind sharing this with the team?

Back
Top Bottom