PC Multiplayer Problem ;(

GameWave

Terrarian
Hey, I have a very big problem with the multiplayer.
Everytime I join a multiplayer server I only get 15, max 20 FPS and everyone teleports around, and I can't do anything about it.
I can't describe it closer other than since terraria got updates again, i can't play with friends anymore.
And I only have this problem in multiplayer, either if I host or a friend does it for me.

~GameWave

Hey, I have a very big problem with the multiplayer.
Everytime I join a multiplayer server I only get 15, max 20 FPS and everyone teleports around, and I can't do anything about it.
I can't describe it closer other than since terraria got updates again, i can't play with friends anymore.
And I only have this problem in multiplayer, either if I host or a friend does it for me.

~GameWave
Here's what the wiki says about the general Server:
Official Terraria Wiki said:
The downside to using a server (instead of playing in singleplayer or "Host-and-Play" modes) is that although the hosting computer can be a server and play at the same time, there will be a small amount of lag for the hosting computer's gameplay.
So, yeah, it happens. Specifiactions of your PC will be greatly appreciated. :)

"a small amount of lag"

I can do nothing... everything is teleporting and in slow motion :/ My other friends have no problems.

Have you or your friend taken a look at the serverconfig.txt file, or whatever you use to config your server? The last lines say this:

#Reduces enemy skipping but increases bandwidth usage. The lower the number the less skipping will happen, but more data is sent. 0 is off.
npcstream=60

#Default system priority 0:Realtime, 1:High, 2:AboveNormal, 3:Normal, 4:BelowNormal, 5:Idle
priority=1

I doubt the system priority setting should be touched. Also how fast is your internet connection? And you are not downloading stuff at the same time?

Some have suggested better PC, but Terraria doesn't require very fast computer. And also, if your single player runs well, then faster PC is not the solution.

Back
Top Bottom