Mac Multiplayer Terraria constantly losing connection

JuanotheRito

Steampunker
I am trying to play terraria through steam with my friends on PC, but my game keeps losing connection. I lag quite a bit, and most disconnects happen during boss fights. I am on a mid-2011 iMac, appreciate any responses.

Who's hosting the server? Where do they live in approximation to you? If they live in another country then the lag is to be expected.

What's your internet speed? Also, do you use Wifi or an ethernet cable? What other games do you lag in when that same host is hosting? If you host a server so they lag?

Who's hosting the server? Where do they live in approximation to you? If they live in another country then the lag is to be expected.

What's your internet speed? Also, do you use Wifi or an ethernet cable? What other games do you lag in when that same host is hosting? If you host a server so they lag?
I have about 24mbps download speed, unsure of upload speed. I use wifi, but i dont really play any other games with them . They all live within 30 mins of me so about a 20 mile radius. Someone who lives about 15 miles away hosts, and they seem to be laggy when I host but dont disconnect like I do.

If you connect over ethernet cable rather than wifi, do you experience no disconnects?

Alright let's check where your packets are dying then, most likely it's because of your wireless strength to your router but we should be sure just in case. Perform the following:

• Press Windows+R
  • Type CMD and press enter
  • type ping -n 50 [Hosts IP Address]
  • Screenshot the Window when it finishes.
  • type tracert -d [Hosts IP Address]
  • Screenshot the Window when it finishes
I should have two screenshots if done correctly. One that will tell me how much packet loss you have and another that shows me where it's occurring.

Alright let's check where your packets are dying then, most likely it's because of your wireless strength to your router but we should be sure just in case. Perform the following:

• Press Windows+R
  • Type CMD and press enter
  • type ping -n 50 [Hosts IP Address]
  • Screenshot the Window when it finishes.
  • type tracert -d [Hosts IP Address]
  • Screenshot the Window when it finishes
I should have two screenshots if done correctly. One that will tell me how much packet loss you have and another that shows me where it's occurring.
Im on mac. Is there a way to do this on mac?

The first command in MacOSX is ping -c 50 [hosts IP Address]

The Second command is traceroute [Hosts IP Address]

Below is how to open the Mac Terminal:

Rdh58oB.png

Hey you guys!

Don't know if this thread is still active or not. But I'm currently having the same issues with „connection lost“. It started to occur after the newest update of Terraria. I'm playing on a M1 iMac which has been working perfectly fine till now. But yesterday when trying to join or host multiplayer with my friend (living 5 mins away from me) we just couldn't connect.
In the past we had no problems at all. He's playing on a windows PC and uses a stable ethernet connection. My download speed is round about 280 mbit/s and upload somewhere around 30 mbit/s. We tried literally every imaginable step so far but couldn't get any further. It's just weird because in the past the multiplayer has worked perfectly fine. Even with our two different operating systems being MacOS and Windows. Maybe something has changed since the last update (1.4.4.9) (?) Maybe someone knows this problem and can maybe help me figure this whole thing out. I would appreciate every comment. Thanks in advance and wishing y'all the best!

Back
Top Bottom