Switch Multiple bugs

Tavverin

Terrarian
Not one to go out of my way to write bug reports or complaints or bad reviews but The state of this game is frankly unacceptable for a 10-year-old ported game that's been out for a year and had triple the price tag from the PC versions. To make it worse it is currently only available and it's very first version missing several versions that again after a year have still not been released. This reflects very poorly on the current managing studio and I will definitely be wary of their work in the future.

Been playing this about a week with my wife and have already noted a number of bugs, several of which are game breaking.

Here are the biggest ones:

1. Cannot go to the east ocean in either my or my wife's worlds. I am disconnected everytime.

2. When fighting Skeleton prehardmode, he will occasionally one shot me, doing a tremendous amount more than any of his other attacks.

3. I've lost countless items that disappear when I put them in chests in multiplayer. Really? This is still a thing? Come on guys it's been a year.

4. When using the blue katana that shoots magic bolts, the aiming will often get stuck in one direction.

5. Baby hornet pet never goes away even when unequipped and deleted.

Fix this garbage.

Hi there @Tavverin thanks for sharing these items. I’ll go over a few that I may have some info on.

1. Cannot go to the east ocean in either my or my wife's worlds. I am disconnected everytime.
For the ocean bug, one workaround that works for most people is to zoom all the way out before approaching the right ocean area.

2. When fighting Skeleton prehardmode, he will occasionally one shot me, doing a tremendous amount more than any of his other attacks.
Sounds like it may have turned to daytime in the game. Skeletron is supposed to be fought at night, and when it turns into day, he will one-shot kill you. Try starting the fight as close to the beginning of nighttime as you can (7:30pm) to give you the most amount of time for the fight. When daytime comes (4:30am) if Skeletron is still alive, he’ll one-shot you.

3. I've lost countless items that disappear when I put them in chests in multiplayer. Really? This is still a thing? Come on guys it's been a year.
This sounds like a terrible and frustrating bug. See my message at the end.

4. When using the blue katana that shoots magic bolts, the aiming will often get stuck in one direction.
If you’re talking about the Water Bolt item, from what I recall, the bolts will go in whatever direction your cursor is. So if you’re facing one way, but your cursor is somewhere different, it’ll shoot out towards your cursor.

5. Baby hornet pet never goes away even when unequipped and deleted.
Sounds like you may not have turned off the pet buff. A pet will stay visible as long as the buff is still there (even if you’ve taken the pet out of the pet slot or gotten rid of it). Find the buff, navigate to it, and click it off.

DR Studios have taken over the console development and are working on bringing the 1.4 update to the PS4 and XBox One version, then to the Switch version. So hopefully these two issues (the ocean bug and items disappearing bug) won’t be present when that releases.

DR Studios' current plan is to have the 1.4 Terraria: Journey's End update out for Xbox and PlayStation in Q3 2021. Switch will follow shortly afterwards.
You can always read the most up to date Console news here:
Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio
Terraria State of the Game

Back
Top Bottom