Wii U Multiple WiiMotes interfering with each other’s controls

DakDestruk

Terrarian
In the Wii U version, we’re playing 3-player locally, and two players are using WiiMotes w/ Nunchucks. When one player changes the targeting to the D-pad (manual?) version, it’s forcing the other player to do the same. The same happens when one player changes to the auto targeting (with the circle). None of this has an effect on the player using the Wii U gamepad, and when there is only one WiiMote in use, no issues arise. We have the most recent update to the Wii U version of the game, as well as a fully updated Wii U. The WiiMotes work fine in other games, and they also work fine when only one is in use. Is this an issue we can fix or is this just a bug?

In the Wii U version, we’re playing 3-player locally, and two players are using WiiMotes w/ Nunchucks. When one player changes the targeting to the D-pad (manual?) version, it’s forcing the other player to do the same. The same happens when one player changes to the auto targeting (with the circle). None of this has an effect on the player using the Wii U gamepad, and when there is only one WiiMote in use, no issues arise. We have the most recent update to the Wii U version of the game, as well as a fully updated Wii U. The WiiMotes work fine in other games, and they also work fine when only one is in use. Is this an issue we can fix or is this just a bug?
I am not sure on this @DakDestruk. I know that the WiiU version won’t be receiving any updates though, so hopefully there may be someone that can comment on a possible workaround to this, but unfortunately I don’t know of one myself.

I am not sure on this @DakDestruk. I know that the WiiU version won’t be receiving any updates though, so hopefully there may be someone that can comment on a possible workaround to this, but unfortunately I don’t know of one myself.
Thanks for the response. It’s such a weird issue, and we haven’t really found anything beyond one brief mention elsewhere. We’ll probably just avoid three player until we can get different controllers.

Thanks for the response. It’s such a weird issue, and we haven’t really found anything beyond one brief mention elsewhere. We’ll probably just avoid three player until we can get different controllers.
I wonder if the nintendo pro controllers (I think that's what the gamecube-esque WiiU controllers are called) would fix this issue.

Back
Top Bottom