Votes: 53 91.4%
  • IDK.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • No. Go away.

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

It's a me!

Pixel Pirate
Hello fellow expert moders! As you might have noticed, the Lunatic Cultist is the only boss whose Treasure Bag does not have an exclusive item. After some though, I came up with an item inspired by his attacks, that wouldn't be too class-specific. That item is the Multiplication Mirror.

multiplication_mirror_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d91u7f3.png

It is based on the Cultist's ability to create fake copies of himself. When you use the item, you create a copy of yourself, located a bit away from you. However, for the duplicate to be active, it will use mana. I'm not good at balancing things, so suggest a good value to use every second.

The purpose of the duplicate is to distract enemies from your real self. Enemies will target the duplicate the same way they target a player. It will also mimic your attacks, dealing just a tenth of the damage you can deal (I'm unsure about this). Attacks from duplicates will not trigger weapon bonus (like releasing projectiles (ex.: the Terrablade) or using homing (Razorblade Typhoon)) nor deal critical hits.
The duplicate has a quarter of your HP, not counting buffs (500HP for a max of 125HP).

I also though that maybe using the mirror more than once can summon more duplicates. Having more duplicates would mean more mana consumed and less power for each duplicate (less HP and less damage). When you have 2 duplicates, all of you will form an equilateral triangle. With 3 duplicates, you form a square. To clarify, 3 is the max. More would be madness.

Here are how the buffs would be:

Multiplication 1
Multiplication 1 Buff.png

1 Duplicate. Stats for it:
  • 1/4HP
  • 1/7th Damage

Multiplication 2
Multiplication 2 Buff.png

2 Duplicates. Stats for each:
  • 1/6HP
  • 1/11th Damage

Multiplication 3
Multiplication 3 Buff.png

3 Duplicates. Stats for each:
  • 1/8HP
  • 1/13th Damage

With some time, the idea of making this a summoning weapon came up, so I'm adding this to the OP.

If the mirror is transformed into a summoning weapon, different mechanics will take effect. They will no longer have health. Using the weapon various times could either spawn more clones or increase a clone's power, up to the player's own power (similar to what the Stardust Dragon Staff does).
They would still attract enemies.

And that's it! How does it sound?
Leave some feedback below.

Not really related to this but I'd love to be able to use some of the Lunatic Cultist's spells, like the lightning thingy.

Last edited:
That's very nice idea. It also would be better, if your copies will have thorns buff like that:

Multiplication 1 - Thorns Damage 30

Multiplication 2 - Thorns Damage (for each copy) 15

Multiplication 3 - Thorns Damage (for each copy) 10

Also, I have some additional suggestions:
1. The limit for copies.
With no limit and mana flower with tons of mana potions people can summon thousants of copies, which would be not good.
2. Upgrades for Mirror.
Combining Multiplication Mirror with emblems will get these effects:
- Warrior Emblem (copy will attack with):
1st upgrade: Night's Edge
2nd upgrade: Excalibur
3rd upgrade: Terra Blade (no projectiles)
- Ranger Emblem (copy will shoot with, every 1 second):
1st upgrade: Flaming Arrows
2nd upgrade: Hellfire Arrows
3rd upgrade: Chlorophyte Bullet
- Sorcerer Emblem (copy will shoot projectiles from weapon, every 1 second):
1st upgrade: Emerald Staff
2nd upgrade: Water Bolt (with slightly more damage)
3rd upgrade: Rainbow Rod (no controlling)
Also, you can only put one type of emblem into Mirror, so if you put a Warrior Emblem you can't put Ranger and Sorcerer Emblems.

That are only my suggestions, you can change weapons, damage, and other things. Hope you enjoy that :)

That's very nice idea. It also would be better, if your copies will have thorns buff like that:

Multiplication 1 - Thorns Damage 30

Multiplication 2 - Thorns Damage (for each copy) 15

Multiplication 3 - Thorns Damage (for each copy) 10

Also, I have some additional suggestions:
1. The limit for copies.
With no limit and mana flower with tons of mana potions people can summon thousants of copies, which would be not good.
2. Upgrades for Mirror.
Combining Multiplication Mirror with emblems will get these effects:
- Warrior Emblem (copy will attack with):
1st upgrade: Night's Edge
2nd upgrade: Excalibur
3rd upgrade: Terra Blade (no projectiles)
- Ranger Emblem (copy will shoot with, every 1 second):
1st upgrade: Flaming Arrows
2nd upgrade: Hellfire Arrows
3rd upgrade: Chlorophyte Bullet
- Sorcerer Emblem (copy will shoot projectiles from weapon, every 1 second):
1st upgrade: Emerald Staff
2nd upgrade: Water Bolt (with slightly more damage)
3rd upgrade: Rainbow Rod (no controlling)
Also, you can only put one type of emblem into Mirror, so if you put a Warrior Emblem you can't put Ranger and Sorcerer Emblems.

That are only my suggestions, you can change weapons, damage, and other things. Hope you enjoy that :)

I don't believe that adding Thorns to them is a good idea. You don't have Thorns either, you have to drink a potion. But you made me think how potions would work. Probably they wouldn't. Health and Mana potions are a no (they can't be healed and they don't consume anything to attack), and as for the others, maybe just the Well Fed ones.

There's a limit, only 3 copies. I'll edit the OP to clarify.

Not sure about the emblems. I mean, my idea was to have the duplicates use the same attack you are using, and I'm not sure that having them attacking with something "default" is fun (fun is not all of it, but I can't come up with a decent term). It also leaves summoners out, because well, duplicates just summoning something?

I don't believe that adding Thorns to them is a good idea. You don't have Thorns either, you have to drink a potion. But you made me think how potions would work. Probably they wouldn't. Health and Mana potions are a no (they can't be healed and they don't consume anything to attack), and as for the others, maybe just the Well Fed ones.

There's a limit, only 3 copies. I'll edit the OP to clarify.

Not sure about the emblems. I mean, my idea was to have the duplicates use the same attack you are using, and I'm not sure that having them attacking with something "default" is fun (fun is not all of it, but I can't come up with a decent term). It also leaves summoners out, because well, duplicates just summoning something?
I don't know what to add as summoner emblem. And also, if all the copies will have a minion, you can have TOO OP army, if you also wear Stardust armor.

For your suggestion, if the copy use the same weapon as you... What will happen if you summon a copy, when you use Last Prism, also too OP item?

Oh, and another suggestion. Copies should have their own mana, given in the same system as life. Same for defense.

I don't know what to add as summoner emblem. And also, if all the copies will have a minion, you can have TOO OP army, if you also wear Stardust armor.

For your suggestion, if the copy use the same weapon as you... What will happen if you summon a copy, when you use Last Prism, also too OP item?

Oh, and another suggestion. Copies should have their own mana, given in the same system as life. Same for defense.
Yeah, this gets to be too OP. I think we're better without the emblem part.

When you summon copies, the ones that already there do nothing, and using the Last Prism would make weaker beams appear from the copies. I should also point out that the copies also fire in the direction of your mouse, so you would see all the beams converging into one. This means that if you don't have your mouse on top of an enemy, projectiles will most likely miss.

Not sure about the mana. Weapons already deal less damage, and since they only attack when you attack, it wouldn't make much of a difference, unless there is a big gap between your mana and theirs. This would make the item almost useless for a mage, because unlike the others you can't keep the duplicates attacking. As for defense, a percentage of yours, like the one for health, should suffice? I have to be honest, when attacks start dealing high amounts of damage the duplicates would be victims of 1-hit KOs all the time, rendering the item almost useless (of course, since the enemy targeted them instead of you it fills its purpose).

Yeah, this gets to be too OP. I think we're better without the emblem part.

When you summon copies, the ones that already there do nothing, and using the Last Prism would make weaker beams appear from the copies. I should also point out that the copies also fire in the direction of your mouse, so you would see all the beams converging into one. This means that if you don't have your mouse on top of an enemy, projectiles will most likely miss.

Not sure about the mana. Weapons already deal less damage, and since they only attack when you attack, it wouldn't make much of a difference, unless there is a big gap between your mana and theirs. This would make the item almost useless for a mage, because unlike the others you can't keep the duplicates attacking. As for defense, a percentage of yours, like the one for health, should suffice? I have to be honest, when attacks start dealing high amounts of damage the duplicates would be victims of 1-hit KOs all the time, rendering the item almost useless (of course, since the enemy targeted them instead of you it fills its purpose).
I'm not sure for that they will target projectiles at your mouse. If people will have an S.D.M.G. with Chlorophyte Bullets, they will never miss and deal a holy high amount of DPS, because they all will hit selected enemy, so there is an example: you can deal more damage to boss with non-piercing arrows or bullets, so using Tsunami on a boss like Duke Fishron: one shot with Wooden Arrows will do more damage than a single shot with chlorophyte arrows.

It's super hard to balance this suggested item. But I so much like this idea.

I'm not sure for that they will target projectiles at your mouse. If people will have an S.D.M.G. with Chlorophyte Bullets, they will never miss and deal a holy high amount of DPS, because they all will hit selected enemy, so there is an example: you can deal more damage to boss with non-piercing arrows or bullets, so using Tsunami on a boss like Duke Fishron: one shot with Wooden Arrows will do more damage than a single shot with chlorophyte arrows.

It's super hard to balance this suggested item. But I so much like this idea.
You forget that the duplicates' weapons do not use special abilities, homing being one of them. And yes, it's hard to balance.

I love this idea. How about making the duplicates do exactly the same thing as you (Such as shooting projectiles, homing attacks, etc) but decreasing your damage and defense by a certain percent?

1 clone: -15% damage, -10 defense, Clone's hp is 250, Total damage of you and all clones: 170%
2 clones: -25% damage, -15 defense, Clone's hp is 200, Total damage: 225%
3 clones: -35% damage, -20 defense, Clone's hp is 150, Total damage: 260%

The clones could cost a lot of mana when you first summon them, but they don't take away mana after that.

Last edited:
I'd say just make the copies act like additional players, using the same resource pool. For example, when you use a spell they use the same spell at full cost. When you fire a shot, they fire the same shot. When you get a debuff, they all get it. When they take damage, you take damage. If you really want "fake" to be a part of their definition, perhaps reduce everything by 50%. But a mana cost just to maintain it, and then sharing all resource pools such as health/etc would make it quite costly (aka balancedish).

I'd say just make the copies act like additional players, using the same resource pool. For example, when you use a spell they use the same spell at full cost. When you fire a shot, they fire the same shot. When you get a debuff, they all get it. When they take damage, you take damage. If you really want "fake" to be a part of their definition, perhaps reduce everything by 50%. But a mana cost just to maintain it, and then sharing all resource pools such as health/etc would make it quite costly (aka balancedish).
Although cost may bring balance, overdoing will bring uselessness. That's something I want to avoid, as this is a late-game item.
For HP: think of them as a puppet. You control all its movements, and damaging it won't damage you (unless it's some kind of voodoo doll).
For Mana: if they all use the same pool as you, what would happen if you tried to use a weapon of continuous use? Mana would drop very, very quickly, rendering magic attacks useless. You'd be better off without magic attacks at all. I don't want the item to be useful just for some of the classes, I want it to be useful for everyone.

Although cost may bring balance, overdoing will bring uselessness. That's something I want to avoid, as this is a late-game item.
For HP: think of them as a puppet. You control all its movements, and damaging it won't damage you (unless it's some kind of voodoo doll).
For Mana: if they all use the same pool as you, what would happen if you tried to use a weapon of continuous use? Mana would drop very, very quickly, rendering magic attacks useless. You'd be better off without magic attacks at all. I don't want the item to be useful just for some of the classes, I want it to be useful for everyone.
That's fair. While the mana pool would wipe quickly, 4x last prism wouldn't need long, just saying. But yeah, I can understand your point. Was just offering some ideas. :)

That's fair. While the mana pool would wipe quickly, 4x last prism wouldn't need long, just saying. But yeah, I can understand your point. Was just offering some ideas. :)
Just some quick math. With the stats I have in the current post, DPS of the Last Prism would be 1.75x what they are now, if you can hit with all the beams. Since the copies will be 7/8 blocks away from you (a bit less that the Cultist's ones, I think), you would need to have your cursor on top of your enemy to hit him with all the beams. Of course, as the beams have different directions, we can use this to attack in 4 directions, which is good for crowd control. But with the mana consumption of 3 duplicates I don't think you could even get to the unified beam without chocking down a potion/using the celestial cuffs to gain mana from damage.
Thanks for your ideas though. Every help is appreciated.

I have 2 cents to add to this idea because I think it is a cool idea but it is also a little bit on the wrong track, imho.

First off, the item would be a SUMMON. So by default any ranger/melee/magic user would be able to summon ONE (of course, there's always potion/table/accessories that may or may not be better suited for other things)...

The summon would create an exact replica of you with 1/10th your stats. (Or maybe 1/8th?) So -- pretty weak.
If you summoned it twice, it would power up the summon (not create more) to 1/9th your stats. Another 1/8th. If you summoned it 8-10 times it'd have your exact stats (which you know, if you're in full summoner gear is only about half as good as say, someone in melee gear anyways... so, not OP.)

The summon would use the exact same weapons and stuff as you. If the weapon homes, theirs would too. All projectiles are the same (but this is balanced because at default it's only 1/8th - 1/10th your stats so the damage would be much much less.)

As previously stated, the summon would DRAW AGGRO like the stardust guardian guy does which would be VERY USEFUL for some classes (like ranger classes that need to stand still for their bonuses to max) and not as much for other classes (like melee, who generally need to get closer to enemies and therefore want to be the center of attention).

Since this is a summon item, the clone wouldn't be able to summon anything. Also, since it is a summon, the summon would not be able to die so it'd be immune to damage from enemies and its sole purpose is pretty much to draw aggro and do a little damage.

Anyways, that's more or less my idea how to make this a unique, interesting item but keep it balanced.

I honestly like the multiple clones Idea however I'd rather it be that they have their own health and mana but their health each is a quarter and they dmg is debuffed by a third and whenever u take dmg they take dmg as well and their sole purpose is to add DPS and they'd cost half a full mana bar to summon making it not worth it for mages(max summon = 2 always) and they'd have no homing and they wouldnt be allowed to use any op endgame items like starwrath or last prism
[DOUBLEPOST=1437442307,1437442234][/DOUBLEPOST]oh i forgot to mention they'd have half your defence and half your mana

A simpler variation on this idea, could actually make sense as a summoner thing - the summoner class is a bit underpowered at the moment. Basically, giving yourself a "you" minion, which would use whatever weapon you are holding at the moment, and would attack via AI, doing 25% damage. Just a thought. (25% damage is significant, assuming you summon 4 or more of them with a good weapon).

I think the ancient cultist generally lacks in drops so this is a really good idea. but i think there should be some weapons that he drops too... maybe spellbooks?

Back
Top Bottom