Items MultiShot Rocket Launcher

Rasta Ros

Eye of Cthulhu
Hello Terrarians. Its me, Rasta Ros and I made up an idea about a multishot rocket launcher!
This would take 1.5 seconds to fire after holding fire.While it is charging to fire, it would make fast beeping noises.
It wold shoot out 2 rockets with the cost of one that would have SLIGHT homing.The rocket launcher itself would deal 55 damage (5 more than the regular rocket launcher).
Its velocity would be 4.75
There would be 1 second between every shot.
Its knockback would be 4.25
Now....it would be made by 1 rocket launcher, 15 souls of might and 10 shroomite bars.
I just like the idea of a cool different rocket launcher, but what to you guys think?
Feel free to ask questions about it aswell.
Bad sprite incoming...
MultiShotRocketLauncher.png

Sorry about the Background!

Last edited:
To upload a sprite, hit the "Upload File" button and insert as needed.

I think this is kind of redundant: it's basically an upgrade to the Rocket Launcher that you get right away. I kind of like the charging idea, but that's not something you're going to want to use in intense combat. Snowman Cannon is far better, and not too much farther down the road.

I think this is kind of redundant: it's basically an upgrade to the Rocket Launcher that you get right away. I kind of like the charging idea, but that's not something you're going to want to use in intense combat. Snowman Cannon is far better, and not too much farther down the road.
I know, but think of this as something you make right after defeating plantera.Would you use it then?

Um... This weapon seriously seems like more trouble than it's worth. I mean: Slow fire time (2.5 seconds total), no significant damage increase...

Also not to mention the fact that there's nothing gating this later than the actual rocket launcher. Which makes it suffer the same problem as the Excalibur: The main reason anyone even bothers to get it is to use it as a crafting material.

Yes, you right im not thinking staight....so i should change the crafting recipe....but to what? It definitely needs to have the rocket launcher in it inanyway
It's really hard to have any kind of rocket launcher between the Hardmode Dungeon and the Frost Moon, so I wouldn't even try putting it there. This thing is weaker than the Snowman Cannon, but stronger than the Rocket Launcher... I mean, jeez, there's really no other tiers available.

Just to let you know that is against the rules using the upload file feature for pictures. It is only used for files that cannot be displayed in any other way.

Back on topic.

This doesn't really look like a good weapon upgrade. It barely changed and we don't need this.
divider.png

Mana_Crystal.png
Mana_Crystal.png
No support but good effort.

The charging up would have to be removed as it doesn´t really have any purpose, other than making it weaker than the Rocket Launcher (Assuming no modifiers and without taking armor into account):
Rocket Launcher DPS: (50+rocket damage)*(60/29)
Multishot Rocket Launcher DPS: (55+rocket damage)*2*(1/2.5=0.4)
It could probabily, however, be repurposed as a sidegrade, as long as the charging up is removed. I guess the advantage would be a higher amount of splash damage at the cost of accuracy and DPS, but only if the Proximity Mine Launcher and the Grenade Launcher were affected, at which point it could well enough be an accessory.

Just to let you know that is against the rules using the upload file feature for pictures. It is only used for files that cannot be displayed in any other way.

Back on topic.

This doesn't really look like a good weapon upgrade. It barely changed and we don't need this.
divider.png

Mana_Crystal.png
Mana_Crystal.png
No support but good effort.
I actually think there is quite a change and its pretty cool

Back
Top Bottom