Weapons & Equip Mushroom Armor

stormconure

Duke Fishron
In Terraria, we have cactus armor, turtle shell armor, heck even pumpkin armor, but what we don't have is armor made of glowing mushrooms. It seems like the only things you can't make out of those things are the things that are most practical: armor, weapons, etc. I know what you're thinking: "But Storm, we already have Shroomite!" Shroomite is a very late game material which focuses on rangers (for armor anyway). What do rangers have to do with mushrooms?

I just want to suggest an earlygame mushroom armor set.
image.jpg

Helmet: takes 20 mushrooms, gives 1 defense.
Chestplate: takes 30 mushrooms, gives 2 defense.
Leggings: takes 25 mushrooms, gives 1 defense.
Set Bonus: allows the wearer to see in the dark, like a night vision potion. If everything is completely dark, the player will see everything on their screen with about 1/4 the brightness of sunlight. The armor doesn't actually emit light, so only the wearer can see in the dark. This is based on the fact that the mushrooms glow.

So what do you think?

Last edited:
Perhaps so it's not so much like shroomite, make it use regular mushrooms?
The point is for it to use glowing mushrooms. Its already way different from shroomite in its set bonus, crafting, and tier. Also, glowing mushrooms were turned from a food into a material for a reason, which was to be a crafting material. Normal ones should remain a food source.

Thanks for the feedback though.

(You little idea stealing jerk! I HAD THIS ONE FIRST! PROOF! http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/would-you-get-this-mod.136100/ number 34 on that list. Just kidding. I am pretty sure you didn't see that first and just had the idea on your own. But for the record, I had it first.)
Ummm.... The only thing on there i saw about mushrooms was more furniture. Was it one of the "removed ideas"? Sorry for stealing your idea though

Edit: and besides, that was a mod, not an implement

Ummm.... The only thing on there i saw about mushrooms was more furniture. Was it one of the "removed ideas"? Sorry for stealing your idea though

Edit: and besides, that was a mod, not an implement
AdenSword said:
(You little idea stealing jerk! I HAD THIS ONE FIRST! PROOF! http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/would-you-get-this-mod.136100/ number 34 on that list. Just kidding. I am pretty sure you didn't see that first and just had the idea on your own. But for the record, I had it first.)

It's ok. Iv'e had several ideas stolen that people didn't even know I had. (Like how red stole my sniper rifle idea before I even posted it anywhere. I literally had the exact same idea for a sniper rifle.)
Lol! Hey, u wanna work together in this? Since our ideas were so close...

It's ok. Iv'e had several ideas stolen that people didn't even know I had. (Like how red stole my sniper rifle idea before I even posted it anywhere. I literally had the exact same idea for a sniper rifle.)

I don't know how you can really 'steal' a Sniper Rifle idea. It is well known and is in a broad amount of games. Because of this, a lot of people will naturally have the idea to have it/suggest it in the game.

Back
Top Bottom