Weapons & Equip Music Box Slot, and Jukebox

TheTrueBrawler

Plantera
The Music Box is a nice item, but the issue is that there is no place to put it. Placing it gives it a limited range, and equipping it takes away from things you could use for attack power or mobility. So I am making the suggestion for a new equipment slot, the Music Box Slot. I also wanted to suggest the ability to record music and access any song in one accessory.

A Jukebox is sold by the Wizzard for 1 Platinum. when sold it is empty. No Music can be played by it. You have to record Music Boxes, and combine them with the Jukebox. To combine them, place the Jukebox in the Right Slot, and any Music Boxes you want to add to it in the Left Slot. It can hold all 38 songs. Press M to change songs.

There are two slots for the Music Box Equipment.

The Right Slot can hold music Boxes and a Jukebox. Like the pet Slots, there is an eye. If it is on, the Music Box, or Jukebox in that slot will play.

The Left Slot is a Place where you can place music boxes to record them onto a Jukebox.

jukebox=great idea!!
everything else=crap.
Care to explain why? You can't just go to another player's suggestion and saying it's crap without telling us why, so the writer could improve.

OT: Music Box slot is fine, I always want to spam the ocean theme everywhere but I don't have the patience to record 10 or more Music boxes or waste an accessory slot for it. Juke box is quite complicated though, but it's fine.

fisrt, a slot for music boxes? people wanted a slot for informational items and now the just work in the inventory.
Multiple informative accessories can work because it's just text on the screen. Multiple music box, however, does not, because if you have 2 or more music boxes in your inventory, you need to know the order of how it plays. Why waste time to switch this music box from this slot in the inventory to another slot for it to play while you can right click to immediately add it to its own slot?

And minecart and pets already work if you have them and summon them, but the devs still add slots for it anyway.

yeah cause who actually used minecarts before 1.3? and pets wernt used much either.
And the popularity of Pets, Minecarts, and Mounts has grown when they added new slots. So maybe adding new slots for them might actually have them grow in popularity, and people might use them more often. I wouldn't be opposed if we could listen to them through our inventory, but I made this thread because currently the only way to take a music box with you and have it active is through your equipment slots, which are the same slots needed to boost your damage and movement. I felt as if something needed to be done.

yeah cause who actually used minecarts before 1.3? and pets wernt used much either.
Neither of those actually hindered a character with no benefit. All a music box does is play different music. Considering it takes an accessory slot currently it is a hindrance. I saw one solution that is allowing it to play in vanity slots which is a way to solve the issue without a new slot. A new slot couldn't hurt though.

Neither of those actually hindered a character with no benefit. All a music box does is play different music. Considering it takes an accessory slot currently it is a hindrance. I saw one solution that is allowing it to play in vanity slots which is a way to solve the issue without a new slot. A new slot couldn't hurt though.
Yeh, I personally feel it would just be easier and simpler to make them compatible with vanity slots, but a new slot might be handy.

As for the Jukebox, it sounds a bit complicated for my tastes. Not saying it's a bad idea, but a simpler way to operate it would be welcome. Also, I think it would be a lot better as an only stationary item, for decoration and to condense all the space someone might give to all the music boxes if they wanted to change the music at their base whenever.

Yeh, I personally feel it would just be easier and simpler to make them compatible with vanity slots, but a new slot might be handy.

As for the Jukebox, it sounds a bit complicated for my tastes. Not saying it's a bad idea, but a simpler way to operate it would be welcome. Also, I think it would be a lot better as an only stationary item, for decoration and to condense all the space someone might give to all the music boxes if they wanted to change the music at their base whenever.

I understand it is complicated, but it isn't a bad idea. It is like converting music boxes into CDs for the music player, or converting CDs onto your itunes library.

If you read the initial post and replies, they were referring to a "music box" slot (similar to how we have a hook/light pet slot) so we dont have to use an "accessory slot".
I saw that, but music boxes are already not useful and can't be obtained until hardmode unlike pets, light pets, mounts, hooks and carts.

Back
Top Bottom