Items Music Making in Terraria

Meglos

Terrarian
How cool it would be to have a craftable/placeable item that can be wired/activated to emit a particular musical note? Imagine a minecart rollercoaster with pressure plates connected to these devices at carefully spaced intervals so that it plays your favourite tune when travelled along!

A new musical crafting station could be introduced, possibly crafted by combining all the music boxes currently available at the Tinkerer's Workshop, that allows you to craft different sounds and notes from items available in game.

With 3 or 4 different sounds available - maybe even some percussion (and/or fireworks!) - a multi-track multi-player musical performance, with bass line, melody and drums would become possible, and it would introduce a really good reason to collect all the music boxes.

An added touch could be that the crafting station allows to craft any music box you like with a blank music box and an item related to a particular music track (eg: a truffle worm for mushroom biome, Broken Hero Sword for Solar Eclipse, Fallen Stars for Overworld Night, etc.)

This is my first post here - please be gentle! I welcome any constructive comments or suggestions you may have on this idea.

:)

I like it, especially the crafting the related item with music boxes to get a specific tune. My only complaint is, the recipe for the music crafting station is way too hard to get, just search up how many there are. Try something like, Blank Music Box, Harp, and a Workbench at the Tinkerers workshop.

Or maybe just 10 different music boxes for the crafting station? I didn't want to make it too easy to get - more of an endgame fun item.

Yeah, but if you want to gate it endgame, add Ectoplasm, or something from t.he pumpkin moon. Something shouldn't be needLessly grind-worthy.

An added thought: A musician NPC who moves in after you have collected 5 or 10 music boxes, who can then sell you a range of sounds and notes in device form.

-Music Making in Terraria-
It's a cool concept, but it should be early hardmode, and that eventually, you get a Musician NPC after collecting the Title Music Box (yes, THAT music box), which sells you different instrument sets from the songs that are in game. (Boss 2, Boss 1, Boss 3, Final Boss, every music set, though some are only available in the Blood Moon, like Corruption/Crimson [both sold regardless of evil]), and that it should rather be in more than one form, instead of it being JUST by riding minecart tracks, it should ALSO be available in a music box (but has limited length, so EVENTUALLY it will repeat back to the start, unless you add something else), called the Custom Box.

-Music Making in Terraria-
It's a cool concept, but it should be early hardmode, and that eventually, you get a Musician NPC after collecting the Title Music Box (yes, THAT music box), which sells you different instrument sets from the songs that are in game. (Boss 2, Boss 1, Boss 3, Final Boss, every music set, though some are only available in the Blood Moon, like Corruption/Crimson [both sold regardless of evil]), and that it should rather be in more than one form, instead of it being JUST by riding minecart tracks, it should ALSO be available in a music box (but has limited length, so EVENTUALLY it will repeat back to the start, unless you add something else), called the Custom Box.

SOO MUCH YESS

Back
Top Bottom