Music volume becoming quiet over time

MadaxTheShadow

Official Terrarian
When I first started playing Terraria many years ago, the volume of my game had no issues and I could set all three sliders to the same value and get a balanced mix. Over the years, I've noticed that I've progressively had to keep increasing my music volume to actually hear it. Nowadays, even with the music set to max and sfx/ambient set to 20 or less, I can just barely make out background music (forget hearing music during boss battles or events). I realize I do modify the game with wave banks to change the music, but this also occurs with the vanilla file.

I've looked elsewhere for a solution, but the issue either isn't very prevalent or is not reported much on. It seems to have been caused by Windows updates, with Windows 8 starting the degradation. I've attempted verifying cache, reinstalling the game, checking volume mixer, testing if it's a headphone issue, and making sure it wasn't a config file issue. I'm not sure what else to do, but it makes enjoying the music very difficult and I'm worried I eventually won't be able to hear anything whatsoever in the future. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom