My AMAMOAA (Ask Me And My OCs Almost Anything)

Should I make an Art/Music thread?

• Total voters
Here we go.

How much of an Undertale nerd are you? (Level 0: I've never played or done any research on the games but I like Megalovania, Level 1: I've played the game once or twice/have done decent lore research, Level 3: I've played the game on every run at least once/have knowledge of some Undertale AUs as well, or Level 4: I CAN'T STOP PLAYING UNDERTALE/I KNOW EVERY AU IN EXISTENCE AND CAN SING EVERY SONG IN THE SOUNDTRACK FROM MEMORY- Secret Level X: Deltarune is pretty cool, I guess-)
3.5X, probably.
I used to not be much of a fan of Lombre and the others in its line as well, but that did change a bit after the battle with Miror B. in Pokémon Colosseum.
And have you seen that battle?
Nope.

Here we go.

How much of an Undertale nerd are you? (Level 0: I've never played or done any research on the games but I like Megalovania, Level 1: I've played the game once or twice/have done decent lore research, Level 3: I've played the game on every run at least once/have knowledge of some Undertale AUs as well, or Level 4: I CAN'T STOP PLAYING UNDERTALE/I KNOW EVERY AU IN EXISTENCE AND CAN SING EVERY SONG IN THE SOUNDTRACK FROM MEMORY- Secret Level X: Deltarune is pretty cool, I guess-)
I know the story in and out, I’ve literally never dipped into au’s

I know the story in and out, I’ve literally never dipped into au’s
Well, it's risky business to do so, but some AUs are honestly amazing. A good starter AU is Dusttale because it's not overly cliche like Underswap or Underfell, but is still popular and honestly my favorite AU. It's not the most creative AU out there, so to speak, but I just love it so much xD-

But the main reason I even get into AUs is to listen to the soundtracks. Some AUs' themes are just so high-quality they make me jump for joy lol! Think of how amazing the UT soundtrack is, but it's a new variation every time. You get the feeling you got when you first listened to the soundtrack every time you listen to an AU.

...And let's not even get into how many Megalovanias there are xD

I just dont like aus
If you don't mind me asking, could you explain why? I know some AUs can be bad or just straight toxic (at least community-wise), but are those the reasons why you don't like them? Or is it something else? Because if it's only the first two, then I'd respond with "then you're just looking at the wrong AUs"!

If you don't mind me asking, could you explain why? I know some AUs can be bad or just straight toxic (at least community-wise), but are those the reasons why you don't like them? Or is it something else? Because if it's only the first two, then I'd respond with "then you're just looking at the wrong AUs"!
I just find them too much, can’t really enjoy them because they put too much lore too suddenly, while Undertale gives it’s lore evenly distributed throughout the game.

I can understand that. The biggest reason for this is probably that most AUs are either:
A: Concepts/Written stories. It usually takes less time to read a story than it does to complete a game multiple times, so there’s that.
B: Unfinished fangames. These tend not to have too much content in them, and definitely take less time to complete than completing Undertale multiple times. And even ones that are intended to keep being worked on need to have enough stuff in them to incentivize people to keep going, hence having a bunch of story packed in.

It’s a fair opinion to have.
I’m honestly mostly into AUs for the music though, since I don’t have enough time to read through anything and I can’t access my computer often enough to play through a fangame. If I did, though, I’d probably play TS! Underswap. From what I can tell it’s been orchestrated really well, even though it’s unfinished as of now. I’m pretty sure Undertale Yellow is also nearing completion.

So, your poll for this AMA mentions a thread for music, so does thst mean you'd want to just make a general music thread, or one for your own music? And if it's for your own, do you make music, or is it just something you are interested in doing?

I’ve certainly dabbled in making music. I don’t have much time when I can do it, and am also quite bad at it, so it would probably be a placeholder for a while if I made it. The thread would definitely be for my own music.

I originally used Flat.io for a pair of remixes, though neither were great due to the fact that without paying you have a very limited number of instruments. And also because they were my first ones ever. I’ve been experimenting in Bandlab (I think that’s what it’s called), but I can’t do it very regularly.

How good would you say you are at puzzle games and platformers? Also puzzle platformers. Asking for a friend.

1657686329699.png

Amogus
Because I did at one point make an Among Us-inspired character. He doesn’t entirely fit with the game since I gave him a backstory fitting of my lore. Except in the Deltarune RP, where he originated in the Cyber World representing the game. He does have a character sheet that I forgot to put here.

Back
Top Bottom