My biggest gripe with 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Flak and others said, you should read it. No, not just read it, but analyze it. No beta testing can be 100% perfect. You don't seem to understand that, at all. It doesn't matter if the guy they put to beta-test are extra careful, Murphy will still manage to troll them at least once.

And I'll also put this little quote which I've seen become true in countless games and programs: "an update is the act of replacing old, known bugs, with new, unknown ones."

Funny thing is I haven't encountered any odd bugs or crashes in 1.3 yet, and my multiplayer experience has been flawless as well. Haven't even had the FPS loss in multiplayer that some people are plagued by.

Also, nothing you're complaining about is even a major issue - they just sound like random, minor quirks. You mention your version was 1.3.0.1, so what about the latest version of the game? 1.3.0.1 is outdated.

This thread can probably be locked by now. :p

Doubt the OP actually reads most posts (judging by his replies, seemingly ignoring some of the stuff said.)
How about they assign him as a beta tester for the next big update (if we get another) and he can see how exhausting it actually is, he'll probably get tired of it after a day or two. :>

Anyway, I too will write a bit. :D
We're all repeating what others say here. :p

Steampunker Wings can only be bought from Steampunker once Golem is defeated.
I've yet to get there so can't really check it. :p
I've never noticed any achievement bugs except a few as soon as it was released like the two achievements you got as soon as you started.
You don't know if beta testers actually COULD test achievements I know for sure they couldn't test steam achievements.
Certain conditions will trigger different bugs, you have no idea under what conditions the beta testers were playing, could have been impossible for them to experience the EoC bug, or any of the bugs you've experienced.
New versions of a game can cause new bugs, try testing everything in the game over and over and over and over again because a new version was released.

I'm gonna end this post with, your thread is astonishingly rude, how you have the nerve to even think of writing it is beyond me.
You have no clue how hard the beta testers might have worked on testing.
You have no idea about the beta testing on this game in general.
You have no idea under what conditions the beta testers were working.
If you've never experienced beta testing then don't talk.

Yeah, I was being rude. :3
Just dumb talking about something when you don't have a clue about what is going on behind the scenes.

And I repeat, like many others have, new updates can cause new bugs.

Last edited:
Of course it's not really the devs fault. They aren't as much to blame as the people who let the bug slip by. Maybe I was being a bit too harsh on the beta testers. I know mistakes happen, but when it's time for the next major update to roll around, if re-logic does indeed select beta testers, whoever those who are selected should take greater caution. And when I say whoever is selected, I mean anyone. Maybe it's me, maybe it's you, maybe someone completely different.
So basically, as I suspected, this is self-elevation to be a beta tester. We were greatly cautious, and even more so.

You *do* realize they were fixing bugs until 1.3's release (and, again, even after), right? We reported achievement issues, we reported lootbag no-shows (which actually were tied to shark tooth necklaces, ha!). That doesn't mean they're fixed immediately.

Nevermind that some devs didn't even stop working (to sleep/have off time) for weeks after 1.3's release, just to fix bugs.

Last edited:
So basically, as I suspected, this is self-elevation to be a beta tester. We were greatly cautious, and even more so.

You *do* realize they were fixing bugs until 1.3's release (and, again, even after), right? We reported achievement issues, we reported lootbag no-shows (which actually were tied to shark tooth necklaces, ha!). That doesn't mean they're fixed immediately.

Nevermind that some devs didn't even stop working (to sleep/have off time) for weeks after 1.3's release, just to fix bugs.

First of all, when did I ever establish this was "self-elevation to be a beta tester"? I'm sick of people who try to twist my message from every possible angle because I criticized (dear god, the horror!) some people. I admit that I may have been a bit too harsh, but I still stand by my opinion that it's silly that lots of glaring issues were seemingly missed before release. I think that in the state that 1.3.0.1 was in, it should have been delayed for a bit, to not only allow more time for bug fixes, but also to give the devs some space. Why do you even keep bringing the issue back to the developers, anyway? The developers did an amazing job with this update, and I can't imagine the stress that they went through to make sure this update was as good as it could be. I was simply saying that the beta testers let some glaring issues slip by, and that next time they should be more cautious. I'm done arguing on this thread. I have better things to do then getting into useless arguments that go on for an eternity. Use this thread to attack me all you want. I don't care.

First of all, when did I ever establish this was "self-elevation to be a beta tester"? I'm sick of people who try to twist my message from every possible angle because I criticized (dear god, the horror!) some people. I admit that I may have been a bit too harsh, but I still stand by my opinion that it's silly that lots of glaring issues were seemingly missed before release. I think that in the state that 1.3.0.1 was in, it should have been delayed for a bit, to not only allow more time for bug fixes, but also to give the devs some space. Why do you even keep bringing the issue back to the developers, anyway? The developers did an amazing job with this update, and I can't imagine the stress that they went through to make sure this update was as good as it could be. I was simply saying that the beta testers let some glaring issues slip by, and that next time they should be more cautious. I'm done arguing on this thread. I have better things to do then getting into useless arguments that go on for an eternity. Use this thread to attack me all you want. I don't care.
Oh, so now you read what I said?

I bring it back to the developers as you seem to think that it was the fault of the testers. Truth be told, you can't anticipate every outcome in such a changing environment. And the date was set for June 30th -- you can't just change that.

We *did* find the bugs you mentioned, but again, any little fix or addition can revert or nullify the changes.

And I didn't twist your words -- there is no reason for this thread outside of gathering attention either against Beta testers (which I was one), or... for what, exactly? this isn't a bug report, as you stated.

Aaaaand ignoring stuff people write again, you're one rude dude for real.
Please let this guy beta test so we can all trash him when he fails at it, geezus.
Too harsh? More like it's a dumb opinion to begin with, you can't imagine the stress the devs went through, yet you completely trash on beta testers who probably worked just as hard.
Ungrateful prick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom