Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

laserwolfO7

Terrarian
made it myself with paint 3d
Minimap Showoff.png

This is my only suggestion, though I do like your design, it doesn't fit Terraria very well.

Let me show you an example of what I mean, before I go any further... 🤔🍹

1. See the first border? It's designed to be simple, functional, visible, but also unobtrusive. It's highly unlikely to clash with any of Terraria's major Color Schemes (green, gray, orange, blue).
  2. See the second? It fits quite a few themes well, that you'll see while playing. It kinda has a Granite Biome feel, but not really, also a Gemstone Cavern feel to it, but also... not really. It may clash with some in-game Colors Schemes, but it's designed in a way where that's not very likely, on-top of being very optional.
  3. This is pretty much a Smooth Granite design, but notice how it's colored in a way to still be clearly visible, unobtrusive & functional (see the visible, white impressions?).
  4. This Mini Map design is arguably very bad, but... notice how it sticks to Terraria's strong theme & colors? It's indeed optional, but I'm sure we can agree that it's pretty bad.
  5. This Mini Map is a better version of number 4, though it's not as clear as numbers 1 & 2, the theme of Terraria is clearly there & it's optional.
  6. Steampunk, through & through. Clear, crisp, clean, precise, visible, functional, unobtrusive. I'd argue it's the best Mini Map border so far...
  7. Palmwood Design, I'd argue it's just a better version of number 5, but also very functional & clean.
  8. A fancier version of number 1 in my opinion.
  9. This ones OK I guess, but I think it's the Copper Tools theme that sells it the most, aside from nearly being border-less.
I think your Mini Map demands a bit too much attention & considering how chaotic this game can get at times, isn't good for the player, even if it looks cool. I think your design would really pop & fit right in, if you took more inspiration from the Underworld & it's Sprite Designs. Same concept, but perhaps different colors & more of a gradient contrast, that isn't so sharp & bold. If your Mini Map was official content, I'd think it was designed around the Cardinal Bird critters. 🤔🍹

Back
Top Bottom