My early base

Edgaruminati

Terrarian
It's still WIP, but I'd like to know, what do you guys think?
What can I change?
What can I do better?
2015-06-10_00002.jpg

It's still WIP, but I'd like to know, what do you guys think?
What can I change?
What can I do better?View attachment 56615
It reminded me of the very first buildings))
Thank you for nostalgia)):D
But seriously, you need a little "decorate" the construction of other blocks such as stone walls, beams . And of course windows))
There is a theme on the forum created SubterraneanGamer and there you can find a lot of useful tips:
link
And if you want to learn something unique - welcome to the threads of other authors with their buildings)
It is very cognitive)

Last edited:
Your base looks cute. `:passionate: I like that the underground part isn't as symmetric as is the tower. I'd add to Pellaeon's words that in my opinion, the roof of the tower looks rather strange. It seems to continue below the actual "roof level" where it shouldn't be. You could use different bricks (like clay) to make it more natural. Also, the rope entries to the doors are bit odd. You could build stairways instead.

I like the start you have going on this. Since the title says "early" I'm guessing started with mainly wood and stone brick, because of how early it is. I'm not certain if you want to focus on playthrough or on building, but I'll assume building, since you've posted here ^.^ To build off of what @Pellaeon and @Bauroth are saying, I'd suggest going out into the world, and gathering a wider variety of building materials and furniture. The shape of the building is fun, but it feels bland at the moment (I know it's a WiP).

Personally, I'd throw background walls on the outside, to make it look like the tower is built within a fence (I'm not sure if that makes any sense). I would also change up the materials a bit. For example, make the roof of the tower a different material/color than the walls of that tower. As Pellaeon said, you should definitely add windows.
Fantastic start, though! It'll be interesting to see where you go from here :D

On a side note, I'd like to point out that most of the saplings to the left of the base will not grow into trees. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe a sapling requires one open block to either side of it (you need an empty space on either side of the sapling), because when they grow into trees, the tree may or may not have the trunk extend one block to the left or right (or both). So, having saplings bunched up like that, with torches, means most of them will never grow. If you wanted them like this, and just wanted a sapling garden, then you can ignore this comment!

According to gamepedia:
2. The acorn requires one horizontal space of open ground to either side.
3. There must be at least three open tiles between saplings or only one will grow into a tree. This matches the previous rule, i.e. each acorn needs both adjacent tiles free, which means the closest two trees can be is with three tiles between them.

@Bauroth Thank you! The ropes are zombie-proof, that's why I didn't want to use stairs. And what do you mean by "seems to continue below the actual "roof level""?

Ok. I understand you choice about ropes. Still, I mean these parts I have marked with red:

tower.png

I think that some other material would suit better than stone bricks. Now these marked areas seem to be parts of the roof although their shape and location doesn't fit my concept of roof. However, this is just my opinion.

Well done! You can make spoilers by selecting "Insert..."-icone and choosing "Spoiler". Alternatively you can write
Code:
[SPOILER="SPOILERTITLE"][/SPOILER]
where SPOILERTITLE is the name of your spoiler.

This is awesome! It is really fantastic, especially for an early base. I would recommend making the underground portion symmetrical and adding more variety and unique things. But so far good job!

When i play the game i always make a tower of squares for the housing... there's no need for for such fancyness
...unless i have already completed the game and i'm actually TRYING.

Strange, have you tried if you character is also corrupted and can it enter other worlds? I don't know why this would happen but it can be annoying if this repeats itself. Your Terraria may have installed incorrectly and you could try to reinstall it after you have backed up your existing worlds. Still, I think it would be wisest if you asked this on PC support section.

I hope everything will end well.

I have no idea. Clicked "save & exit" closed the game, shut down my PC and when I came back and tried to play on my world, my game just crashed. :(

Most likely, you closed the game prematurely, or there was a hiccup in the saving process. This can also happen if you have mods that aren't programmed very well, or if they're horribly out of date. I would recommend going into your world save folder.

Terraria (by default) backs up a world every time you save and exit, so there should be a .wld.bak file with the same name as your world. Delete the save that has .wld.BAD (the corrupt save) and change the name of the backup file (just delete the .bak, so all it will say is .wld).

For example, lets say I have a world named Khaitopia that is corrupt. That save file will appear as Khaitopia.wld.BAD The backup (should be right underneath in the file list) would appear as Khaitopia.wld.bak So, I'd delete the one containing .BAD, and change the file name of the second on to Khaitopia.wld

Assuming your backup save isn't corrupt (I don't see why this would be the case) you should be able to get your world back at a previous save. You still lose any progress you made since then, but at least you don't lose everything.

If you're not sure how to get to your Terraria world save folder, let me know, and I can help you find it. Hope this helps ^.^

And, sorry @Bauroth reinstalling the game will not restore that save file. It could possibly prevent a world save from corrupting in the future, but won't fix the current issue :)

Last edited:
@Khaios Thanks for telling this method although I wasn't suggesting that reinstalling Terraria would restore saved files. I just thought that his game would have installed incorrectly and thus cause corrupted saves on exit. :p

Back
Top Bottom