Game Mechanics My First Suggestion: Boss Queuing

Do You Like This Idea?

• No. (Explain Why)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, But I Believe It Could Be Improved. (Explain Why.)

• No, But I Believe If Could Be Improved. (Explain Why.)

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Golden Heretic Snakeboat

Empress of Light
Hello. This Is My First Suggestion I've Thought Of. That's That.

So, Boss Queuing.(I'm Using The Autocorrect For That So Sorry If It Appears Off. It Looks Off To Me.)

What Is Boss Queuing? Well, Say You're Super Endgame And Want To Fight The Eye Of Cthulhu Over And Over Again Without Being Interrupted With Having To Summon Him Every 5 Seconds. This Is That.
While A Boss Is Alive, Using The Same Boss Summoner (Suspicious Looking Eye For EoC, Mechanical Worm For Destroyer, etc.) Will Put That Boss In A "Queue". When The Boss Currently Alive Dies, The Next In The Queue Will Spawn Immediately.

I Can Think Of Several Ways That This Could Be Taken As A Bad Idea, But Do Not Fear! I Put That Into Consideration.

Natural Boss Despawning: If The Boss In The Queue Is Nocturnal, That Is, Only Spawning At Night, Fleeing At Dawn, It Will Not Spawn Until The Next Night Comes.
Lets Say You Summon Skeletron Prime At 4:25 AM. It Becomes Day And You Die. If Another Skeletron Prime Is Queued, It Will NOT Respawn When You Do, It Will Only Be Respawned At Night, Or If You Die During The Night.

Biome Bosses: Bosses Like Plantera And Duke Fishron Become Enraged When Leaving Their Respective Biomes, But You Probably Knew That. If Either Of These Bosses Are Queued Upon Death, They Will Only Respawn If You Enter Their Respective Biomes, Or If You Respawn In Said Biome. Upon The Latter, They Will Respawn Immediately.
The Eater Of Worlds And Brain Of Cthulhu Will Respawn Under The Same Circumstances.

Special Bosses: The Wall Of Flesh Cannot Be Queued, Neither Can The Lunatic Cultist. The Lunatic Cultist Can Only Respawn If The Lunar Events Are Over, Which Are Spawned BY The Lunatic Cultist, Making It Impossible To Queue The Lunatic Cultist.
The Golem Can Be Queued Like Any Other Boss, And Will Respawn Upon Reaching A 20-Block Distance From The Altar The Queue Was Initiated With.

Other Bosses: Bosses That Require No Special Requirements Will Respawn Immediately Upon Death, As Long As One Is Queued. The Moon Lord Will Spawn Naturally, As If You Just Defeated The Lunar Events. That Means He Will Spawn 1 Minute After You Respawn, Or The Previous Moon Lord Dies.

If The Boss Is Queued, Their Icon On The Minimap (Original If The Boss Has Two Stages) Will Appear Under The Hotbar, Below Any Status Effects With A Number To Show How Many Are Queued.

I Apologize If I Missed Anything, I Tend To Be Forgetful. I Hope You Like It!

Back
Top Bottom