Switch My game crashes.

This is a known bug. Until they release a fix (which should happen very soon now), a workaround is to make sure that you have zoomed out completely before entering the area. At default zoom or less, the bug happens.

Last edited:
I haven't seen any reports about that, so no, I don't think it's an issue on PS4. There was one xbox guy who reported a crash when going to the right in a legacy world, but I think that's a separate issue. I haven't been able to replicate it on my xbox.

@Nsk1341 Soon is a relative term. As a former software developer I know how difficult it can be to predict how long it will take to finish a particular task. Optimisation is one of the harder tasks to predict (I understand split-screen is done, but the performance is not acceptable yet). It doesn't help that the Switch is essentially a smart phone. The hardware is the same as you find in high-end smart phones. Getting decent performance on that is not that easy.

By the way I re-read the latest SotG and saw that they are going to spend extra time on optimising Switch. When I wrote the reply above I thought they were going for a simultanious release for all consoles.

I haven't seen any reports about that, so no, I don't think it's an issue on PS4. There was one xbox guy who reported a crash when going to the right in a legacy world, but I think that's a separate issue. I haven't been able to replicate it on my xbox.

@Nsk1341 Soon is a relative term. As a former software developer I know how difficult it can be to predict how long it will take to finish a particular task. Optimisation is one of the harder tasks to predict (I understand split-screen is done, but the performance is not acceptable yet). It doesn't help that the Switch is essentially a smart phone. The hardware is the same as you find in high-end smart phones. Getting decent performance on that is not that easy.

By the way I re-read the latest SotG and saw that they are going to spend extra time on optimising Switch. When I wrote the reply above I thought they were going for a simultanious release for all consoles.

Yes I understand. That's why I said "should." I understand they are aware of the issue and have been working on it for a little while now.

In regards to performance issues/limitations on the switch, I understand that as well. However, these are, imo, things that should be considered and addressed prior to release. Maybe they were, but it doesn't seem it.

There is a saying - Proper preparation prevents piss poor performance. To me it seems obvious that the switch port needed more time in the oven prior to release. Just my opinion.

For the people experiencing crashes I hope the fix is soon...wouldn't count on it though.

Back
Top Bottom