PC My game is not working.

Garuda

Skeletron
I've tried a lot of stuff to make it work, in fact, I've tried almost everything out there to my knowledge. Since other games have similar if not the same problem I figure the issue lies within my PC.
Let me describe the issue as it follows:
1. I start the game from Steam/folder/desktop
2. The game opens its black screen
3. After a couple seconds (3-5) the screen becomes white and the game status (in Task Manager) is ''Not responding''
4. Message pops up and that's it.
*''Terraria has stopped working"
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.*
Once again I have tried a lot -
1. Verifying cache,
2. Uninstalling and installing again,
3. Updating Microsoft XNA and .NET to the latest version,
4. Uninstalling and installing them manually,
5. Deleting Terraria folder + save files and letting them install again with the game,
6. I have disabled Firewall and all shields,
7. I have given it administrator control,
8. Has set compatibility to Windows 8/XP and the like,
9. Has disabled display scaling on high DPI ,
10. Has ran in 640 x 480 resolution
I might have missed some but you get the point.
I am desperate at this point. The game was working ( like my others ) absolutely normal and perfect and I played for like 60 hours. Then out of nowhere, it stopped just like some other games. Now here comes my second main question besides that for help - I had some internet problems with my internal net card so I was advised to get an external network adapter, so I did(not literally out of my PC case of course). It's called
TP-Link Gigabit PCI Express Adapter #2 just for a reference. I went to my local technician and he installed it for me. This I believe was around the time the issue appeared. My question - Is it possible that the adapter is causing all this? Would removing the adapter and returning to internal internet card solve my problem? Also if I can somehow check when I installed my net adapter drivers and Steam play history(not only the last time) will help. Anything is appreciated, any sort of help. Thanks a lot in advance and have a nice day!

Attachments

• NET.png
    NET.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 69
  • steam.png
    steam.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I dont think it is the problem since you can play the game offline. Maybe some file is corrupted or something...
If that is the case, and since I have done a lot of reinstalling would for example reinstall of my whole PC work? Either way thank you for your reply!

If that is the case, and since I have done a lot of reinstalling would for example reinstall of my whole PC work? Either way thank you for your reply!
Ohh yeah forgot to add, though it could be a corrupted file as I mentioned other games don't work in the same sense that they stop working, which makes me believe it could be a problem overall like the net adapter but again I am not sure anymore.

I've been having this problem with both Terraria and stardew valley. It really sucks because those are both amazing games.
I see, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you find a solution to your issue. If I find mine I will try to get in touch with you. Thanks for the reply!

Are your specs up to par? Have you tried reinstalling steam itself?
Yes, they are, most certainly. I did mention I had 60 hours into the game when it stopped working.
And yes I have tried that as well, not only reinstalling Steam but deleting all game files with it, completely erasing progress everywhere including Terraria save files.

Yes, they are, most certainly. I did mention I had 60 hours into the game when it stopped working.
And yes I have tried that as well, not only reinstalling Steam but deleting all game files with it, completely erasing progress everywhere including Terraria save files.
Also, sorry for the late reply and thank you for yours.

I've tried a lot of stuff to make it work, in fact, I've tried almost everything out there to my knowledge. Since other games have similar if not the same problem I figure the issue lies within my PC.
Let me describe the issue as it follows:
1. I start the game from Steam/folder/desktop
2. The game opens its black screen
3. After a couple seconds (3-5) the screen becomes white and the game status (in Task Manager) is ''Not responding''
4. Message pops up and that's it.
*''Terraria has stopped working"
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.*
Once again I have tried a lot -
1. Verifying cache,
2. Uninstalling and installing again,
3. Updating Microsoft XNA and .NET to the latest version,
4. Uninstalling and installing them manually,
5. Deleting Terraria folder + save files and letting them install again with the game,
6. I have disabled Firewall and all shields,
7. I have given it administrator control,
8. Has set compatibility to Windows 8/XP and the like,
9. Has disabled display scaling on high DPI ,
10. Has ran in 640 x 480 resolution
I might have missed some but you get the point.
I am desperate at this point. The game was working ( like my others ) absolutely normal and perfect and I played for like 60 hours. Then out of nowhere, it stopped just like some other games. Now here comes my second main question besides that for help - I had some internet problems with my internal net card so I was advised to get an external network adapter, so I did(not literally out of my PC case of course). It's called
TP-Link Gigabit PCI Express Adapter #2 just for a reference. I went to my local technician and he installed it for me. This I believe was around the time the issue appeared. My question - Is it possible that the adapter is causing all this? Would removing the adapter and returning to internal internet card solve my problem? Also if I can somehow check when I installed my net adapter drivers and Steam play history(not only the last time) will help. Anything is appreciated, any sort of help. Thanks a lot in advance and have a nice day!

ATTENTION!!
To anyone having the same or similar problem, if you have tried everything listed above and more and you too can't find a solution, know that I HAVE FOUND ONE. Hopefully, of course, this works for you too as well. I know the feeling of hopelessness, but here is what I did at the end of the day and it solved my issue not just with Terraria but with all problematic games. The final stop that is - it's a *complete factory reset reinstallation of the PC*. So with that said, I hope I can help somebody and have a nice day!

Back
Top Bottom