Console My Horrible Guide to the Eye of Cthulhu

Hamburger

Eye of Cthulhu
Having trouble with the Eye of Cthulhu? No?
Too bad, I'm making a guide whether you like it or not.

First thing's first, set a button for the "Lock-on" feature in the controls tab. I recommend the left stick, but anything works.
Next, travel to the evil in your world (corruption/crimson) and smash the first orb you can find. You'll get a musket, which is useful for gaining critical shots. You may want to look for a Water Bolt in the dungeon, don't explore it without a depth meter. It'll be the blue book with the yellow stripes. Not all dungeons have one above level surface.
After getting weapons, make sure you have enough ammo/Mana. I say this because melee is honestly a horrible choice, since the boss's expert mode dashes will kill you quickly if you charge in with a sword.
Make a large platform, no layering is really needed. Swiftness potions and sunflowers will do, Hermes boots are best.
Use the Lock-on feature with guns, not with the water bolt. If you have one, utilize the bouncing effect with walls on each side of the bridge. Run back and forth to avoid any charges, and you should be good.

Well, hopefully this is somewhat useful to any of y'all.

Back
Top Bottom