My house looks terrible please help

DrNed

Terrarian
So I've been playing Terraria for a few years now, but only recently started trying to make my houses look nice. It's been going pretty well so far, until I decided to build a house for the Zoologist. I figured since she's half-animal, I could make her a kind of dog house, but, well, it didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it to:

1592417010961.png

It looks absolutely horrendous, and I have no idea how to make it better. If anyone has any tips as to what I could do to make it less terrible I'd be very thankful.

I cant do roofs Lol so dont feel bad, I'm actually going to save screenshot for reference to help me improve!

So I've been playing Terraria for a few years now, but only recently started trying to make my houses look nice. It's been going pretty well so far, until I decided to build a house for the Zoologist. I figured since she's half-animal, I could make her a kind of dog house, but, well, it didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it to:

View attachment 279149

It looks absolutely horrendous, and I have no idea how to make it better. If anyone has any tips as to what I could do to make it less terrible I'd be very thankful.
I’m not that good with sharing tips, if you either wan me to fix it(having no idea what you want, or go to youtube and search khaios build tips roofs, and that may help.

The house looks really basic and empty, and the materials are only 1-3 and could only be done in 5 minutes in terms of composition and shape. A way to improve them is to use a mix of walls to create a distinct shape and form, to make them more realistic and aesthetically detailed, to make the build greater than the sum of it's parts, thus giving you a detailed, eye candy build. Use block pallets, experiment with new styles, and use furniture in your house. You can use these steps to improve your houses and maybe improve on building in general. Sorry if this post came off a little rude, just trying to give out my point of view.

The house looks really basic and empty, and the materials are only 1-3 and could only be done in 5 minutes in terms of composition and shape. A way to improve them is to use a mix of walls to create a distinct shape and form, to make them more realistic and aesthetically detailed, to make the build greater than the sum of it's parts, thus giving you a detailed, eye candy build. Use block pallets, experiment with new styles, and use furniture in your house. You can use these steps to improve your houses and maybe improve on building in general. Sorry if this post came off a little rude, just trying to give out my point of view.
No no it's fine, I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks for the tips!

Back
Top Bottom