Portfolio/Multi-Topic My Ideas [PLEASE READ AND THINK BEFORE DISMISSING THEM]

ProtoLink

Terrarian
As a regular player of Terraria, I often wonder what new things could be added that would improve not only the game as a whole, but also give new uses for existing items or boimes in the game. As such, I am posting this thread to list all the ideas I have had and I think you all would like them, or at least a few of them. I hope to see these in the near future of console Terraria as well as Terraria as a whole.

Starting off, I only have one new biome idea and this is the one that I think would be best to add. We Terrarians have been to space, the frozen mountains, deserts, good and evil areas, and to hell and back multiple times. The only thing that's missing is the moon and I say lets do it. Think of the possibilities, it could be only accessible after defeating Plantara (or Duke Fishron if you ever add him to console) and after obtaining a new form of flying (or maybe giving the Steampunk wings a use finally). Furthermore, it could have new, even stronger enemies and items as well as new features that I will leave up to you to think of.

Another idea is an item that will increase the storage capacity of equipable accessories, allowing us to equip more items like the hoverboard, bundle of balloons, etc. Im sure I speak for all Terrarians when I say its a pain to constantly switch items based on where we are or what we are doing. Fact is, there are just too many useful items that are going to waste because we dont have room to equip them.

Lastly, I think we should be able to create our own custom vanity sets on console. Im not talking about the base look of our players, but more like armor type items that you can put on and take off at any time. I understand the negatives to this as everyone would want to re-create characters from other companies and thats a huge problem, but if the players alone are responsible for their creations, and you make them agree to never hold you (as a company) responsible, then you wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Idea 1: Meh, A moon biome seems a bit out of place. If they add like parallel worlds then maybe.
Idea 2: More tinkers > More accessory space.
Idea 3: Firstly, why only on console? Secondly, Is it worth the developing time? I think not. Thirdly, Copyright sadly doesn't work that way. If you must accept the terms of conditions before using the function, then yes. BUT, that would feel a bit out of place IMO.

The first two ideas have been suggested before (and the in case of the second one, many times before). And I don't really understand what you'r asking for in the third suggestion.

Idea 1: Meh, A moon biome seems a bit out of place. If they add like parallel worlds then maybe.
Idea 2: More tinkers > More accessory space.
Idea 3: Firstly, why only on console? Secondly, Is it worth the developing time? I think not. Thirdly, Copyright sadly doesn't work that way. If you must accept the terms of conditions before using the function, then yes. BUT, that would feel a bit out of place IMO.

Actally I didnt mean just console, but I havent played enough of the PC version to know if that feature is on it, and what do you mean more tinkers?
[DOUBLEPOST=1415396699][/DOUBLEPOST]
The first two ideas have been suggested before (and the in case of the second one, many times before). And I don't really understand what you'r asking for in the third suggestion.
Just the ability to customise you're appearance in a different way. Custom armors with no added effects, thats all.

Actally I didnt mean just console, but I havent played enough of the PC version to know if that feature is on it, and what do you mean more tinkers?
Okay. The PC version is like console but better. Kinda-sorta.
And with the term "tinkers" I mean combinations of accessories, like lightning boots or bundle of balloons.

Okay. The PC version is like console but better. Kinda-sorta.
And with the term "tinkers" I mean combinations of accessories, like lightning boots or bundle of balloons.
I know, I have both versions lol and I see, but I was thinking more like either combining stuff like the Frostspark boots with the lava waders, or giving us more equip space to use more than just the 5 items they force us to choose.

Because tinkers(combinations) that make sense are easier to balance than more accessory slots.
Yes, but unless they combine every imaginable tinker combination, its still going to lead to the same problem. The easiest and fastest solution would be to add more accessory slots as you can have your own personal combinations of tinkers that way, by equipping each item.

Yes, but unless they combine every imaginable tinker combination, its still going to lead to the same problem. The easiest and fastest solution would be to add more accessory slots as you can have your own personal combinations of tinkers that way, by equipping each item.
But it will open up for OPness.

But it's easier to balance new tinkers than a new slot. Think if 1 extra slot was added. That's a potential 10% increase in damage.

Mage: Sun/moon stone, Celestial stone, Sorcerer emblem, Celestial Emblem, Avenger emblem, Destroyer emblem. Total stats:
  • +20% melee speed
  • +72% damage
  • +14% critical strike chance
  • +4 HP/s life regeneration
  • +8 defense
  • +30% pickaxe speed
  • +100% minion knockback
See? I haven't even counted in armor yet. It might be more visible on melee setup, who knows.

Melee: Sun/moon stone, Celestial stone, Warrior Emblem, Mechanical Glove, Avenger Emblem, Destroyer emblem. Total stats:
  • +32% melee speed
  • +69% damage
  • +8 defense
  • +30% pickaxe speed
  • +100% minion knockback
  • Increased melee knockback
This combined with Beetle (mail) and 6 menacing gives you:

• +54-74% melee speed
  • +117-137% damage
  • +22% critical strike chance
  • +69 defense
  • +30% pickaxe speed
  • +100% minion knockback
  • 14% increased movement speed
...Yeah. You see what I mean?

A Terra blade does 88 damage. Now it does 209. Per hit. AND SWINGS 75 :red:ING PERCENT FASTER.

A crappy attempt at a DPS calculation for the aforementioned Terra blade:
209=Damage
11=Usetime (I think)
DPS=around 1250.

And you know what? This is a Terra blade without any modifiers, and no swordbeams of incoming doom.

Last edited:
But it's easier to balance new tinkers than a new slot. Think if 1 extra slot was added. That's a potential 10% increase in damage.

Mage: Sun/moon stone, Celestial stone, Sorcerer emblem, Celestial Emblem, Avenger emblem, Destroyer emblem. Total stats:
  • +20% melee speed
  • +72% damage
  • +8 defense
  • +30% pickaxe speed
  • +100% minion knockback
See? I haven't even counted in armor yet. It might be more visible on melee setup, who knows.

Melee: Sun/moon stone, Celestial stone, Warrior Emblem, Mechanical Glove, Avenger Emblem, Destroyer emblem. Total stats:
  • +32% melee speed
  • +69% damage
  • +8 defense
  • +30% pickaxe speed
  • +100% minion knockback
This combined with Beetle (mail) and 6 menacing gives you:

• +54-74% melee speed
  • +117-137% damage
  • +22% critical strike chance
  • +69 defense
  • +30% pickaxe speed
  • +100% minion knockback
  • 14% increased movement speed
...Yeah. You see what I mean?

A Terra blade does 88 damage. Now it does 209. Per hit. AND SWINGS 75 :red:ING PERCENT FASTER.

A crappy attempt at a DPS calculation for the aforementioned Terra blade:
209=Damage
11=Usetime (I think)
DPS=around 1250.

And you know what? This is a Terra blade without any modifiers, and no swordbeams of incoming doom.
You don't have the console version do you? lol cause we don't have the beetle armor so that argument cant be made, and half the other stats you mentioned are probably lessened as well. I have a Terra blade on the console version and i never use it anymore. The emblems are hard to get also. I still think both should be done; new combinations of tinkers and more accessory slots would go a long way in making Terraria better. and that new biome, whether its the moon or alternate dimentions frankly idc cause the moon would be cool and alternate dimentions sounds amazing as well. frankly i cant believe i didnt think of that lol

You don't have the console version do you? lol cause we don't have the beetle armor so that argument cant be made, and half the other stats you mentioned are probably lessened as well. I have a Terra blade on the console version and i never use it anymore. The emblems are hard to get also. I still think both should be done; new combinations of tinkers and more accessory slots would go a long way in making Terraria better. and that new biome, whether its the moon or alternate dimentions frankly idc cause the moon would be cool and alternate dimentions sounds amazing as well. frankly i cant believe i didnt think of that lol
You can't try to balance a suggestion for all versions with the fact that one of the versions lacks certain items. Nor with rarity.

You can't try to balance a suggestion for all versions with the fact that one of the versions lacks certain items. Nor with rarity.
Im simply stating that these things could and should be implemented in my opinion. The balancing should be up to the devs of the versions.

I think I agree with 6359_, 5 slots it fine. If we add to many things will go overboard. Players would use to many attack booster accessories. I am sure people will still want more slots even if they have plenty already. There are some I only use at certain times, like building or buying items.

As for the custom vanity sets, how would that work? Would there be an out of game menu where you can design them? The animation can get complicated so it might not always look good. I'm all for new vanity ideas but there is a limit to what they can do.

Back
Top Bottom