My Journey to the Rod of Discord

Hamburger

Eye of Cthulhu
I thought I'd tell you the interesting tales that come from my attempts to farm for the rod of discord. It took many hours, and strange things occurred along the way.
Anyways, here you go:

I was playing on my Xbox One. So yes, immediately a poor choice. I don't have a computer anymore, so I don't play Terraria on that version whatsoever. The rod of discord would most likely be the worst on consoles. Imagine aiming for an area quickly with a joystick.

I was determined to get the item, though, so I could flex on Xbox Live. It was a 1/500 drop chance, and I got it on the 499th chaos elemental. Sucks, since the enemy is rare to start with. Here are the drops I got before this:

• 2 Hallowed Keys
  • 10 stacks of javelins
  • 3 Medusa Heads (or 4)
  • Probably around 10 blessed apples
  • 1200 souls of light
Yep, I was swimming in loot that I didn't even need. The hallowed key was fun, though, as I got the "Unicorns and Rainbows" achievement.
As you might've figured out, I dug my arena near a marble cavern. Died several times to Medusas before getting the pocket mirror.
Hallowed mimics were frequent. Most of the loot was useless.
I managed to get almost every yoyo counterweight, since the skeleton merchant spawned twice a day. Turns out I only needed one.
I defeated over 1000 of every hallowed mob, excluding the rare ones. Making an afk farm didn't work, sadly. No elementals spawned up there. I had to be attentive several hours a day.
Eventually, I screamed in surprise as I finally got the rod. I escaped my giant box after the tenth visit and returned home with a smile on my face.
It was so close to being the 500th chaos elemental, but it had to be the 499th. Would've been cool if it was, since it's a 1/500 chance.

I don't know why I wrote this, you tell me how you got yours or something. Cheers.

i play only on xbox one as well, and had never knew that the rod of discord even EXISTED until i came to the forums and ppl were talking about, ive tried to farm it... got nothing... i guess it was because i only did it for about 5 minutes.also, im glad you got a good ending!

Back
Top Bottom