My little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Reainbow Rock was a marked improvement over Equestria Girls on all accounts. (Mybe except for Flash sentry...)
It was a fun watch. I reccomend it.

Been a big fan of the show and fandom since april-ish 2012, and while i'm not as connected with the fandom as i once was, i still consider myself to be a brony.

So, has anyone seen Rainbow Rocks yet, and should i avoid it like the plague that was the first Equestria girls?

So, has anyone seen Rainbow Rocks yet, and should i avoid it like the plague that was the first Equestria girls?

It's actaully good.
I think that I heard someone describe it as a midiocare idea (the whole EQG concet) being polished so thuroughly it yealded a high quaility product.
The battle of the band plot gave the human world a "theme" and a feel that was very missing from the previous movie. Many of minor and backgroungd characters got their momnet to shine, many times in a way that was relevant to the plot. The villians used magic openly through out the movie (from the audiance P.O.V) and kept the stakes visibly high.

The songs don't all sound the same this time around. The villians have three songs, Trixie gets a song of her own.

The climax is far better than EQG1 as well. I won't go into it though because spoilers.

But the best part of the movie was, believe it or not, sunset shimmer. She was rather boring in the original EQG being a rather cassual "mean girl" characters but this time around she is the most compelling charcter in the movie. So much so that she pretty much carries the film on her shoulders - she is the main protagonst this time around with twilight being more of a support character.

I still have mixed feelings about EQG. I like it enough to watch it absently while I do other things...

Everyone gets something different out of it. It could even be really productive on a personal level. Why would anyone be afraid of a proper diet and good exercise, for example?

I'm afraid of watching MLP, i fear that i will become an addict.
I can see where you are comming form.
It's up to you to know if you are the kind of person who can get "addicted" to a show or a fandom.

My advice is that if you are afraid that this kind of stuff can happen to you find some hobby or activity (something you allready like doing or even somethning new) praferabley something that require some sort of a time table, and that you can come in contact with people who share this other intrest. This should give you a second group or intrest that isn't conected to bronies and can ancor you from "going too deep".

And about the show, I really respect it for maintaining it's quality. I see far too many shows go to crap after a while of being on air, and My Little Pony seems to be doing the opposite (in my opninion).

Indeed, shows do turn to crap after they lose interest, the plot has nowhere left to go, or they get greedy.

Hey guys what's going on this tread? :p
latest

That's alright. At least you gave it a chance, unlike many others :)
No I actually enjoyed it lol. Kinda embarrassing seeing as all my friends are those cod gaming :red:s that have no live outside Xbox. Or play station. FYI, I'm deffo not one cus my Xbox has been broken for 9 months. So yeah lol. Also might be into anime. ah :red: tradition, bring on the anime stuff.

Back
Top Bottom