My map data got deleted 3 times.

AustinAKR

Terrarian
I've had my map data on my world deleted 3 times, and I want it to stop. Is there any way to fix it, or why its caused?

Are you properly closing the game client? Just speaking from observation, not actual code, but I believe the world doesn't save/sync but every 10 minutes or so, while your character data updates constantly. So if your game crashes, it's likely your world will "roll back" slightly (or more accurately, was never properly saved and closed) even though your character doesn't. This does allow for some duplication abuse as well.

Thanks, I do remember around the second time it got deleted, i left the world, it saved correctly, all that stuff. Then I left it on the main menu to go get something, I came back and the game closed itself. Does that count? If not, thanks for the help.

To my knowledge, the game closing from main menu shouldn't affect anything. As far as I can tell, it writes world data to the disk when you exit the world.

Then I'm not sure. All I can say is to backup your worlds regularly.

EDIT: Oh, did you mean minimap data? Then I'm not sure either.

I remember the first time it was deleted I loaded a backup, im pretty sure I did it right, but when I loaded the world, it was still gone. The way I do it is that I copy and paste my world folder into a backup folder, then if something happens I take the world.bak and world.bak2 and replace them for the corrupted world. I hope I explained that right.

Back
Top Bottom