Portfolio/Multi-Topic My mod ideas

Should I make a mod of this someday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MOB SLAYER 1248

Terrarian
All content is reserved
Hey, I'm mob slayer, I'm new here but I've been thinking of ideas for terraria for a long time, so I've decided to put them her
I may or may not make this into a mod. All content reserved.
CONTENT
~~~~~~~~~~~
1.THE BUNKER
A structure that will spawn on the opposite side of the world as the dungeon
All you need is a bunker access key with can be found or dropped rarely by undead mobs

ROOMS
~~~~~~~~~
entrance room~a small room with nothing in it except a bunker door leading to the lobby

Lobby~a fairly large-ish room containing zombies, zombie solders(fighter ai) and phantoms(demon eye ai)

Things found there> casual furniture, vending machine (pay coins for a random potion), destroyed furniture, potted fern)

Cafeteria~a large room with a cafetaria area where you can find random bits of food, and they'll be another area with lots of tables.

Mobs> zombie soldier, infected(caster than normal zombies), zombie lunch lady(will occasionally throw plates)

Things found there>rusty plate, cafetaria counter, cafetaria table

Control center~a huge, dark room with broke, flickering lights. There is a chance that mobs can spawn right in front of the player here, resulting in jump scares

Mobs> infected, zombie, phantom, hanger (hangs from the celing, can drop down on the player), infected giant (MINI BOSS)(has three attacks: in one he throws a less damaging grenade at you, in another he swipes at you with his hand, doing incredible knock back. In the final attack he will just headbutt you, dealing medium damage and no knockback)(drops are W.I.P)

Things found there> control pannel (can be repaired with 30 wire and 5 auctors to summon the infected giant), flickering light, broken wall, corpse remains

Weapon chamber~a medium room with up to three chests containing weapons (will specify in weapons section)

Mobs> all mobs (minus infected giant), grenadier (has a infected giant grenade style attack), turret (shoots bullets extremely fast and can turn to face the player but is stationary)

Things found there> bunker chest, bunker platforms, destroyed walls, destroyed target

Living quarters> a small room with bunk beds and some items lying on the floor

Mobs>none

Things found there> bunk bed, small table, bunker drawer, small chest

Bunker chest loot
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Military armour
16 Def all togther (I'm bad at balancing XD)
No special effect

glock 17
Pistol
Not too sure of the dm, will mostly just put important informaction here at the moment

Cleanser
Shotgun
Shoots a green beam instead of bullets

Bandana
Vanity

[\]

DUAL WIELDING
~~~~~~~~~~~
A function that will allow you to duel wield any weapon, for instance:
Bow+sword
Staff+gun
Spear+tome
The way it works is you have two extra slots for your dual weapons, and you right click to usee the right one, left for left
[\]

More decoration
~~~~~~~~~~
Hung shield-a shield you can place on your wall
Player heads on pikes-if you kill a player on multi player with a melee weapon there's a chance you can get this. It looks exactly like the head of the player you killed
More will be added soon
[\]

Structures and such
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Duneworm skelletons-can be harvested for bones & brainy matter(can be made into brain blocks and brain armour)
Ruined house-will contain a wooden chest and furniture, but will appear above ground
Sea shrine-a shrine of gold bricks surrounded by kelp and sea shells and contains a water chest
Tavern-a small building with kegs, bar stools and banquet tables
Guard outpost-a small tower containing a chest with random wooden chest loot
[\]

Travelling healer (npc)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Screenshot_2017-09-12-13-39-35.png

An idea of what he would look like

Wares
------------
Anchient methods (heals 130 health and buffs with speed, endurance and danger sense)
Agitation serem (buffs with agitated(increases damage by 20%) and gives the player 3 seconds of invincibility)
Peace and war (dual pistols) (left one fires a life stealing shot, the right one shoots an explosive shot)
Painkiller (80 gold)
(Decreases damage taken by 80% but decrease damage you do by 60%)
Strong rum (throwing weapon)(down grade of molotov cocktail)
Focus powder (buffs with aware (increase criteria chance by 15% and all weapon speed by 20%))
I'll work on the prices later
You can also hire him for a large amount of money and will follow you, attacking enemies and occasionally healing the player
He attacks with war and peace for a ranged weapon and the falcon blade for melee

Names
~~~~~~
Angus
Robert
Mac Blake
Dr. Robinson

Quotes
-------------
Regular
~~~~~~
"Nice day to die, isn't it?"
"Oh, hello stranger"
"What is it this time? Broken bones? Zombie bites? Giant leeches?"
"I deal with everything from paper cuts to deadly unknown of illnesses"

Blood moon
~~~~~~~~
"What are you doing here?!?"
"Oh, it's you. Again"
"Um, it's a blood moon, I gotta go!"

When hiring
~~~~~~~~~~
"Well, your a good customer, and I wouldn't want you to die, that would be losing business! "
"I suppose I could help you, since you paid me and all...."
"Before we go killing monsters, there's something I'd like to ask you. Okay, what shape do you want your tombstone to be?"

Caravan (event)
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spawns 4 random npcs the player does not have, and one will be in front, one in a seat in the middle, one in a bunk bed in the back and one outside the caravan sitting by a campfire.
If the player has all the npcs then only the skeleton/travelling merchant will spawn, and in December, santa will accompany them
[\]

Mount attacks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mount armour---accesory---prest space bar while riding on a mount to activate it's attack
All flying mounts have a grapple attack which allows them to pick up mobs and then drop them, damaging them. It works on players aswell

Pigron~player and mount go invisible
Turtle~tucks into its shell and spins in the direction the player is facing
Bunny~jumps extremely high and negates fall damage
Slime~swallows mobs, dealing constant damage
Bee~shoots a bee stinger that poisons mobs and players
Basalisk~ground pounds, creating a sandstone spike to pierce which ever mob the player left clicked on/or it will shoot a large stream of acid, poisoning mobs and players
[\]

Food overhaul
~~~~~~~~~~~
Meat scrap-5+ health and a much used material. DropA from most critters and some monsters
Meaty stew--crafted with 3 meat scraps, 2 chopped mushroom and a bowl
Bread-bought from the merchant for 3 silver and is a food material. Can be eaten
Meat sandwich-6 meat scraps and 2 bread
Brocolli-can be planted and grown. Can also be eaten
Broccoli soup--3 broccoli and a bowl
W.I.P
[\]

New mini biome-hot springs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Can be found in both the ice biome and also deep under ground, and contains warm/boiling water.

Warm/boiling water
=================
Warm water will slow playerstart movement when they enter it, and after about 10 missisipes it will start to damage the player
Boiling water is the same as warm water except it will damage the player more and right away
[\]

Small dungeons
===============
Some more random generated, more/less dangerous dungeons with multiple themes such as steam punk, spooky, pirate, ocean or jungle
Screenshot_2017-09-14-11-23-16.jpg

A broken factory themed dungeon. They'll be traps and underground though
[\]

Xane (boss)
~~~~~~~~~~
Based of xane, from legends of max, he will spawn after the golem is killed on a junk near the sea, which the fight will probably play out on
Talking to him will activate the fight

Moves
~~~~~~~~
Swing
========
He will jump and swing his sword at the player, broadsword style

Stab
=======
He will hesitate for a moment before stabbing the player with his shorts word, dealing incredible damage

Block
========
He will block all attacks, including summon, and slowly advance towards the player. This move only lastshows for 5 seconds

Dash
=======
A simple, yet effective, dash

Heal
=======
He will only do this once, the first time you get him down to 30% health. He will teleport onto the ships mast and drink a potion, healing himself 15%

Body guards
===========
He will summon 3 body guards to attack you with a fighter ai

His drops are
Xandoji (broadsword) (shoots a largeneral purple dagger at the oponent)
Twilight and midnight (dual wield daggers) (player performs a whirlwind attack when attacking)
Aqualite longbow (bow) (rapidly shoots glowing blue arrows that explode into damaging water droplets)
Anchient blow (tome) (shoots a large gust of wind, dealing incredible knockback)

images (13).jpg

What the ship would look like
[\]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Broken arms and legs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If the player falls from a hight of over 30 blocks they will break their leg, getting either the limping or crippled debuff

Limping
~~~~~~~~
Halves the player's movement and attack speed, can be fixed using a crude splint

Crippled
~~~~~~~~~
The player has broken both of their legs, meaning they have to crawl, stopping them from jumping, can be fixed with a crude splint

Crude splint
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
Can be crafted with 10 wood and 6 cobwebs. Does not need a crafting station

Broken arm
~~~~~~~~~~
A debuff that can be rarely inflicted by all fighter Ai monsters, and stops the player from mining, building, fighting, ect. Can be fixed with the simple cast

Simple cast
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
Crafted with 12 wood and 8 cobwebs. Does not need crafting table
[\]

Musical instruments
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These would not be anything like the thorium bard class weapons, more like water gun fun to use items.

Npc
\\\\\\\
There would possibly be an npc who would sell these items, not sure what yet

Guitar
××××××××
can be made with 20 *wood and 4 rope.
Makes a sound like a guitar.

*It can be made out of any wood, and making it out of ebonwood will give it an ebonwood wood skin ect ect

Tambourine
×××××××××××
Made with 15 wood
Tambourine sound.

Maracha
××××××××
Made with 1 iron bar and 6 wood
[\]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Random ideas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Extended sadle= a mount accessory that allows up to 3 players to ride on a single mount. Good for team pvp or boss fighting

Traveller token
+++++++++++++
Sold by the merchant for 1 platinum if the travelling merchant has arrived. Placing it in a house will cause the travelling merchant to move in, and his sales will reset at 00:00

Merchants skull
++++++++++++++
Sold by merchant for 1 platinum if the skeleton merchant has spawned. Works like the travellers token, but with the skeleton merchant

A.S.P (Artificial Snow Producer)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sold by the merchant for 2 platinum in December. Works like the previous 2 items but with santa, and he won't de if December ends
[\]

More structures
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hut
===
Spawns above ground and contains a wooden chest, a bookcase, a table, a chair and a torch.

Wooden tower
==============
A tower made of mostly wood, but also grey bricks and wood and stone walls. It would contain a gold chest rarely, unlocked of course, always with an iron bow in it.
[\]
Goblin fortress
=============
A huge fortress with gold chests everywhere, locked, and is made out of gray bricks, wood, a small amount of gold bricks and also spikes. All goblinstaff will spawn there, and some new ones too.

Enemies
××××××××××
Warriors= in the courtyard and the hallways.
Archers= on the walls and turrets

Sorcerers= in the cellars, dungeons and rarely courtyard

Shadow flame sumoners= in a specoal dungeon room in hardmode

Shadow flame cutists (new)= in the same room as the summoner. Shoots purple versions of the water bolt. Only Spawns in the fortress

Brute (new)= Spawns in the courtyard. Attacks by smashing the player with a large iron flail. He will only spawn in the fortress but not in the event

Areas
×××××
Court yard= where most of the monsters spawn, it's a large patch of grey bricks and grass. There will also be a mother slime tied to a stick, and attacking it will release it

Wall= on either side of the fortress, they are constantly patroled by goblin archers, making entry difficult

The turrets= even higher than the walls, it has an archer in each one, nearly impossible to hit.
[\]

Darker path......
==============
So, this Is how I'd image things. The hallow is the so-called good biome, wit rainbows and murderous unicorns and what not. But honestly, it's not much better than the corruption/crimson. So, what if you could side with the so called evil biome?
How I'd image it would is that after you choose the size of the world is that two little options would pop up. On eyeing the dark side, one being the light side. When youvery chosen on enough world would then get named and load. So, join the light side would be the same as regular terraria, but if you chose the dark side, things are a little different. Instead of bosses, you fight npcs, and inoted of bosses, you get stuff from bosses. The bosses will, of course, sell their drops, and the npcs will drop what they used to sell. Also certain bosses will be replaced with their specific npc. Also, say for instance it's the time a mechanic would sell the mechanics rod, and you kill her, she'll drop the rod

Eye of cthulu = dryad (attacks with a wooden sword and bow, shoots jester arrows)

Eow/boc = dryad (but with full gold/platinum armour and an iron/lead bow. She will also occasionally attack with dryads bane)

King slime = painter (because I'm not sure where to put him otherwise) (attacks with the paintball gun and occasionally will throw a grenade that explodes into slowing paint)

Skeletron = clothier (will attack by hovering 2 blocks high andefinition shootinget book of skulls projectiles and occasionally summoning skeletons)

List of npcs that don't correspond with a boss
======================================
= mechanic (she'll be found in the dungeon, but untied) (attacks by throwing boomerang like wrenches and sometimes an exploding bolt)

=merchant (found at the spawn point if you place down 1 gold coin) (rushs at the player and hits them with a sack of money and then backs up to throw damaging coins at them)

=demolitionist ( can be found in the corruption/crimson if the player has defeated the dryad twice andaily used a bomb. Throws grenades and plants extremely water down and easier to detect landmines)

=Arms dealer (can be found in the corruption/crimson as long as the player has defeated the demolitionist. Shoots with the flintlock pistol but will pause and reload, which takes five seconds, after ten shots. He will occasionally shoot rapidly in the area around him with the mini shark for a few moments)

=Goblin tinkerer (found underground, untied, after the player has used broken tech (crafted with 10 wire and 3 iron/lead bars) to summon him. He will place down spiky balls and occasionallay shoot the player with meteor shots)
(Once you get into hardmode a shadow flame summoner will be an a value npc If you've defeated him)

=dye trader (he can be found roaming the world if you have at least one dye material and you've killed the arms dealer and dryad. Will attack using the exotic scimitar, and will occasionally disappeared in a puff of random coloured smoke and reappear somewhere else on the screan)

=party girl (she can be found at the spawn point if the player has killed at least 6 npcs and has placed down a smashed pinata (crafted with 10 silk). She will attack by using a very very very very watered down version of the celebration, dealing around 15 damage. She will also throw smoke bombs and happy grenades)

=nurse (Spawns if the player has used a black heart (evil version of heart crystal). She will throw poisoning syringes and occasionally use healing ones onow herself) (she will be replaced by a evil version of the nurse, the black magic healer, so that the nurseries heal option is still avalible)

=the angler (he'll spawn after you've killed 12 npcs) (at first he'll do nothing and sort of try to run away, but will attack once he has been attacked once. He will attack using the harpoon and the swordfish)

===================

Queen bee = witch doctor (he'll be found meditating on a small platform near the hive) (he attacks by shooting poison darts at the player and occasionally summoning much weaker pygmy minions to attack you)

The wof will still be the final pre hardmode boss, as itsoon just a guardian, neither good nor evil

Hard mode
===========

Skeletron prime = steam punk (she will attack using the clockwork assault rifle with meteor shots, occasionally throwing a flash bang type grenade that inflicts confused. Very rarely she will call in an air strike that will bomb the players position)

The twins = steam punk (same attacks, but her bullets wilol be cursed, the flat bang confusion lasts longer and the air strike leaves behind Greek fire)

The destroyer = steam punk (same attacks, but all deal more damage, her bullets inflict cursed fire and confused, the flash bang lasts even longer all nd the greek fire inflicts cursed inferno)

Planterra = cyborg (can be found in the jungle with vines covering him and inactive looking. Hitting him with your pick axe will wake him up. He will have his same npc attacks, but will also rarely shoot two homing missiles and shoot flame thrower projectiles)

I'm not sure about the pirate, since you practically fight him anyway, so he'll stay the same

Duke fishron = truffle (the truffle can be found in the mushroom biome if the cyborg has been defeated. He will summon tentacle like mushrooms that will thrash around violently, exploding after a while, causing the screen to shake. He will also summon tons of very damaging mushroom spores from the ground.
And he will also teleport)

Non boss connected
=================

=the wizard (he can be found in the cavernsame at any point in hardmode, untied. He will shoot diablo style fire balls and also the fof kind, including teleporting regularly)

==============
Instead of the lunatic cultist there will be some sort of other boss, but that's a wip, as well as some alternate lunar event. In part two I will also give an alternate final boss

Last edited:
Updated with mount attacks and names and quotes for travelling healer
Also with hot springs mini biome

Last edited:
These ideas seem like they could make a pretty interesting mod, but the duel wielding mod already exists. Otherwise, sounds cool!

Please, put each section in spoilers. This will make it both not hell to read and easier to understand what you are suggesting in a nutshell. Also, when adding new parts with the same category of old parts, put them where the old parts are listed.

Alright, first, the bunker. I don't like it. Except for the Cleanser, which should be a Corruption Mimic drop. Or a Jungle Mimic one. Everything else is either outclassed or unnecessary due to other items. Also, when are you supposed to find it?

Secondly, Dual Wielding is either useless or overpowered, as being able to use two Terra Blades at once is insane and you can just switch to the other weapon if you're using two different weapons.

Third of all, I like the shield idea but the head on a stick idea is a bad idea from a development standpoint because it would take up so much space and it would be tedious to make it because you would have to make a different head on a stick for every different accessory or eye color there is.

The above-ground structures... nah. There's already the stuff underground, and the tavern would probably be a big waste of space.

The Travelling Healer has some really overpowered stuff. 80% damage resistance is quite frankly crazy and the 30% damage reduction would be a small price to pay.

The Caravan seems like a reskinned Travelling Merchant. No need for it.

The Mount Attacks are cool ideas, but I think we should reserve that for the Scutlix.

The Food Overhaul is still a WIP, but if you're talking about adding hunger, that is an automatic no. This is a 2D sandbox RPG, not Minecraft.

The Hot Springs don't do anything. They're easily avoidable. Now if this was like a pre-hardmode variant of the Flamethrower trap found in caves, that'd be cool.
Oh wait, those already exist.

The mini dungeons seem like an interesting idea. Locking them to Hardmode would be cool.

Xane would probably get Re-Logic sued. Also what do the Xandoji, Twilight and Midnight, Aqualite Longbow, and Ancient Blow do? Do they have special abilities? How much damage do they do?

The injury debuffs would be nothing but annoying. It would basically force people to craft a ton of the cures and always store them in their inventory like potions.

The musical instruments would be fun. People might be finally able to make songs in Terraria.

The Extended Saddle would either be hard to code so they won't make it or it'd just be another fun thing. I'd be cool with them adding it.

I don't like the Traveller Token and the Merchant's Skull. They're random encounters for a reason. Also, there's the Travelling in Travelling Merchant. Same thing for the ASP but for the fact that Santa is seasonal.

Again, with these other structures, I don't want them because they're a waste of space. The Goblins are also presumable from offshore as well.

Firstly, dual wielding. Well, you can only dual wield two terra blades if you have two terra blades, therefore not making it op, because you need to get the terra blades first

And also, I clearly said that the price would be extremely expensive for the pain killer, and theres a very rare chance he'll sell it anyway. Probably something like 80 gold or 1 platinum

As for food......I didn't say anything about adding a hunger system, did anyway see me say I did, which I already know is a bad idea anyway.

Well, there's a low chance that re-logic would get sued, because they have made references to tons of games or comics, and they haven't gotten sued. Besides, the comic is based off terraria anyway. And I just added the weapons special effects, but I'll work on stats and dmg once the mod is a w.I.p

I'll change it so molten armour and stronger ignore injuries

I'll change it so they stay for 5 days instead of two

The goblins......
The game never mentioned them coming from the sea, and yes, I realise that the goblin scouts are from the coast, but you never see goblin ships, do you?
Therefore there's no evidence that they come from over sea, and anyway, I could just change to so the fort is opposite to the dungeon, thus removing the bunker since ita such a bad idea anyway
[\]

Firstly, dual wielding. Well, you can only dual wield two terra blades if you have two terra blades, therefore not making it op, because you need to get the terra blades first

And also, I clearly said that the price would be extremely expensive for the pain killer, and theres a very rare chance he'll sell it anyway. Probably something like 80 gold or 1 platinum

As for food......I didn't say anything about adding a hunger system, did anyway see me say I did, which I already know is a bad idea anyway.

Well, there's a low chance that re-logic would get sued, because they have made references to tons of games or comics, and they haven't gotten sued. Besides, the comic is based off terraria anyway. And I just added the weapons special effects, but I'll work on stats and dmg once the mod is a w.I.p

I'll change it so molten armour and stronger ignore injuries

I'll change it so they stay for 5 days instead of two

The goblins......
The game never mentioned them coming from the sea, and yes, I realise that the goblin scouts are from the coast, but you never see goblin ships, do you?
Therefore there's no evidence that they come from over sea, and anyway, I could just change to so the fort is opposite to the dungeon, thus removing the bunker since ita such a bad idea anyway
[\]

How hard it is to get does not justify it being ridiculously OP. Having to get 10 Legendary Meowmeres and 10 Legendary Star Wraths justify getting a 1000 damage sword.

1 Platinum 80 Gold is nothing later on. People can farm numerous Platinum over hours of work and people can usually casually gain that money by just playing the game.

Sorry about the assumption, you said a food overhaul so my mind jumped to that conclusion. This would be something that would make the Well Fed buff easier to obtain then, which I'm fine with.

There's a difference from giving a nod to something and completely ripping something from elsewhere. Compare something like the Painter saying "There's this guy who looks like me but is a plumber." and adding a boss from Dark Souls, moves and all.

Having one set of armor that becomes obsolete be more resistant to this does not justify having this annoying mechanic.

You're buffing it? That just makes it even worse. The point of the Travelling Merchant and the Skeleton Merchant is to come by then every now and then and be like "oh hey there's this cool thing to buy thanks buddy" and Santa... is Santa. He's Mr. Christmas, so...

The Goblins spawn in the sea, at least initially, so that's just my headcanon. But with all these dungeons combined, my world would feel cluttered on the surface.

Back
Top Bottom