PC My Mod wish for Terraria

Hey everybody, before I discuss my thread I want to say that my birthday is this Month in October! And I am so excited because I am going to see the DC movie Terra! I can't believe that I am saying this, but they made her as the protagonist of the movie which is awesome!

Anyways, I was searching and trying to find mods that could Increase the danger in the Underworld to Oblivion! I am not good at making mods because I am terrible at coding so I might need someone to help but here's my thoughts for the Underworld

Materials:

Fire Heart - 1/50 chance dropped by any enemy and the owner will be immune to Incinerating Debuff and Infernos Wrath

Lava Slime Staff 1/100 chance dropped by Lava Slimes summons a baby lava slime to fight for you and inflict on fire on enemies

Lavastone (Rainbow hellstone) Inflicts Rainbow Fire when stepped on

Lava Armor 30 Defense each adds up to 90 defense

FireRuin Armor

Heart of Extinction - Summons Heart of Ruin

Cursed Potion - Immediately removes Incinerating Debuff as you know it

Status Message after Golem is dead: "You feel a great earthquake rumbling from the center of the earth..."

Changes for Characters

Lava Slimes, Hellbats, Lava Bats and Tortured Should inflict On Fire!.

Wall of flesh's Attacks inflicts On Fire!

Custom Add-ns for the mod.

Status Message once Ashfall starts: Screeches are heard below the Cavern!

Enemies that spawn after all Mechanical Bosses are defeated

Spiked Lava Slime.png
Spiked Lava Slimes (164 HP, and 16 Defense and 80% KB Resist and 40 Damage for meele and 56 Damage for ranged) - They behave similarly to lava slimes but instead, they had hellstone spikes picking out of them but unlike all of the spiked slimes, they shoot ichor streams from their bodies that inflict Burning (3 seconds) and Incinerting in a chance of 5/100 (1 sec)(you will find out why less than 3.1 second in the Debuff section)) Very Common
They drop their own respective banner and rarely drop Lava Slime Staff and Lava Heart

Magma Bat.png
Magma Bats (370 HP, 37 Defense and 50% KB Resist and 90 Damage) - They behave like all bats but these bats are dangerous and explode when killed. They inflict Burning (5 Seconds) and Incinerating 1/100 (1 second) and become faster every time their health depletes. Very Common
They drop their own respective banner and drops Soul of Demons and rarely drops Flamberge's Sword

Lava Elementals (400 Hp, 24 defense Immune to Knockback and 4 Damage(Melee) and 67 Damage (Ranged)) - Rock Elementals and Crystal Elementals (Which are now Lava Elementals) are their Ice Counterpart (Water CP) and behave exactly like them but instead they shoot fire blasts that inflict On Fire! (9 seconds) and shoot inferno Blasts that explode only in Expert Mode Somewhat Common
Drops their own respective banner and drops Soul of Demons and rarely drops Flamberge's Sword.

Enemies that spawn after Golem was defeated

Lava Tortoise(500 HP, 80 Damage(When not Spinning) and 200 Damage (When Spinning), Immune to Knockback, 20 Defense) Lava Tortoises act like the two Tortoises but unlike any of the two, Lava Tortoises shells erupts fire while spinning. They inflict Incinerating and Broken Armor (2 seconds) only in Expert Mode. Uncommon
Drops their erchius banner and lava shells.

Lava Golem(6000 HP, 33 Defense, 64 Damage (Melee) and 70 Damage(Shooting lasers) - Lava Golems are the Ice Golems cousins. However, instead of showing laser that freezes you over time, they shoot orange lasers that are much thicc and they make the Wall of Flesh laser sound and inflict Burning (4 Seconds) and 1/80 chance Incinerating (2 seconds) upon any attack but they move slower than the Ice Golems. Rare
Drops their Banners. They always Drop Magma Star which can be used to craft powerful weapons

Hellish Pitchfork (400 Hp, 100% KB Resistance, 24 Defense and 160 Damage) They are the last kind of the 4 cursed weapons and serving as the strongest of all. They are much faster and inflict On Fire and Cursed for 9 seconds. Uncommon
They Drop Hellstone Skin Potion that completely stops the Annoying Powerful Debuff. And their banners.

Lava Mimic (7000 HP, Immune to Knockback, 40 Defense and 94 damage) The most powerful enemy in Hell, Once they jump the second time they will teleport behind you and do one of the three special moves like Ground Pound, Accelerating Jump or Shield. On Expert Mode, They inflict On Fire(10 seconds), Burning(7 seconds) and Incinerating(3 seconds) Very Rare
Lava Mimics drop the following
-True Philosophers Stone (Reduces the Delay on healing for 10 seconds and increase defense by 10
- Boom Boom (These guns do 200 damage and inflict On Fire!)
-Mirage Ice Cane (These weapons now shoots ice beams and inflicts chilled or frozen to any enemies)
-Rinkarang (They are like rinks but they can be thrown like boomerang and inflict On Fire!)

Chases to items

Ice Bows and Frost Brand inflict Chilled and Frozen to enemies)

Changes to Bosses

Lunatic Cultist's fireballs inflict Burning down below 50% health and Incinerating down below 10% health

Moon Lord's bolts inflict electrified(4 seconds), Phantasmal Eyes inflict Cursed inferno (5 seconds), Phantasmal Spheres inflict On Fire(7 seconds), his tongue inflicts Cursed only when his tongue is attached to the player and after his Core is exposed. Moon Lord's Deathray inflicts Frozen for 2 seconds.

True Eyes of Cthulu's bolts inflict Poisoned (3 seconds), Phantasmal Spheres inflict Ichor (8 seconds), Phantasmal Eyes inflict Chilled(9 seconds) and their lesser ray inflicts Incinerating(1-3 seconds) and the delay increases to the same number of how many True Eyes of Cthulu are present (For EX: 2 True Eyes of Cthulu are present, therefore their lesser ray inflicts Incinerating which last only 2 seconds)

When Moon Lord's core is brought to 10% Health, The Ring of Inferno from the Inferno Potion will surround his Core protecting it and if players get in the Ring of fire will be inflicted Incinerating

Debuff

Incinerating

Tooltip: You are consumed by the flames of the Volcano!

Effects: Cannot Attack, Loses 204 Health per second, No Health Regeneration. Instantly dies if tries to enter the water when they have the Debuff.

There are no items nor equipment to prevent this severe Debuff. But, it can be mostly avoided by not entering the Underworld at all.

Thats all I have for now, I tried to be specific as I can!

Last edited:
If your birthday is soon, then happy birthday!

As for the suggestion though, I don't really agree with it.

As for underworld changes, to begin with pretty much no one goes back to hell for the rest of a playthrough after WoF is down (and the tax collector found). There's barely anything valuable there at that point - and you didn't really added much either, besides a few overpowered - but hard to get - gadgets from a greater mimics variant.

"on fire!" is one of the most annoying debuffs to befin with - if you tried Overhaul mod, it was/is extremely bad there. now molten armor should protect against it though.
(burning doesn't matters much, because it can be ignored with obsidian skull and its derivates)
and... incinerated...? you want to have enemies inflict a debuff that (as you explained) will kill you in 2-3 seconds on its own even on max HP? but considering you likely will get hurt - if by nothing else, then by the enemy that inflicted the debuff itself - so, that would mean, you take dmg, and are inflicted with a debuff that is likely to kill you (inevitably at that!) 1 second after, for no good reason.

you also did not said if these enemies would drop anything.

under these conditions, who would ever go to the underworld?! it's a biome that is in dire need of some overhaul, to give it some revisit-value later game, but I think this sounds like the polar apposite of that.

also, not agreeing on lunatic cultist - well, as I said, burning can be outright ignored, but you want to be inflicted with a buff when he's 10% HP that will surely kill you right away (because you might be quite low on HP by that point in the battle) and... Moon Lord?! no please, (I'm basing this on mostly my playthroughs, but) ever since 1.4, and his deathray passes through blocks, I have trouble defeating him even on normal mode. I couldn't even manage to do that without heavily relying on the nurse, (which I find ridicolous)

I think debuffs are weird in intense battles anyway, because can you even notice you were inflicted with a debuff, before said debuff kills you (as the debuff you talk about would do that). Moon lord is difficult enough already as he is now, not to mention that if you get killed by him, you either need to craft his ridicolously expensive spawning item (if you can afford it to begin with) or parttake again in the grindfest that is the lunar apocalyse - only to be swatter by moon lord again like a bug...

Of course, you're suggesting this as a mod, not as adding into the base game, and there might be some pros who would be interested in such a thing you talk about, but I think it really only would apply to those who are so sure in their dodging skills and reflexes they will never get hit, or for those who are very masochistic and like to suffer...
I mean, I see little reason why most players would be interested in a mod, that adds needless difficulty rise to a biome at a point when if offers nothing anyway, and barely anyone would visit it, to begin with. and making already annoyingly difficult bosses even more difficult (it's not as much whether moon lord is tough, but it's a huge pain to re-summon him, if you lose the battle)

sorry for the harsh criticism. there might be some who are interested in it, but I think most players wouldn't be interested in such a mod. the underworld could use an overhaul for real, but to increase its revisit value, not to decrease it. that is what I think.

If your birthday is soon, then happy birthday!

As for the suggestion though, I don't really agree with it.

As for underworld changes, to begin with pretty much no one goes back to hell for the rest of a playthrough after WoF is down (and the tax collector found). There's barely anything valuable there at that point - and you didn't really added much either, besides a few overpowered - but hard to get - gadgets from a greater mimics variant.

"on fire!" is one of the most annoying debuffs to befin with - if you tried Overhaul mod, it was/is extremely bad there. now molten armor should protect against it though.
(burning doesn't matters much, because it can be ignored with obsidian skull and its derivates)
and... incinerated...? you want to have enemies inflict a debuff that (as you explained) will kill you in 2-3 seconds on its own even on max HP? but considering you likely will get hurt - if by nothing else, then by the enemy that inflicted the debuff itself - so, that would mean, you take dmg, and are inflicted with a debuff that is likely to kill you (inevitably at that!) 1 second after, for no good reason.

you also did not said if these enemies would drop anything.

under these conditions, who would ever go to the underworld?! it's a biome that is in dire need of some overhaul, to give it some revisit-value later game, but I think this sounds like the polar apposite of that.

also, not agreeing on lunatic cultist - well, as I said, burning can be outright ignored, but you want to be inflicted with a buff when he's 10% HP that will surely kill you right away (because you might be quite low on HP by that point in the battle) and... Moon Lord?! no please, (I'm basing this on mostly my playthroughs, but) ever since 1.4, and his deathray passes through blocks, I have trouble defeating him even on normal mode. I couldn't even manage to do that without heavily relying on the nurse, (which I find ridicolous)

I think debuffs are weird in intense battles anyway, because can you even notice you were inflicted with a debuff, before said debuff kills you (as the debuff you talk about would do that). Moon lord is difficult enough already as he is now, not to mention that if you get killed by him, you either need to craft his ridicolously expensive spawning item (if you can afford it to begin with) or parttake again in the grindfest that is the lunar apocalyse - only to be swatter by moon lord again like a bug...

Of course, you're suggesting this as a mod, not as adding into the base game, and there might be some pros who would be interested in such a thing you talk about, but I think it really only would apply to those who are so sure in their dodging skills and reflexes they will never get hit, or for those who are very masochistic and like to suffer...
I mean, I see little reason why most players would be interested in a mod, that adds needless difficulty rise to a biome at a point when if offers nothing anyway, and barely anyone would visit it, to begin with. and making already annoyingly difficult bosses even more difficult (it's not as much whether moon lord is tough, but it's a huge pain to re-summon him, if you lose the battle)

sorry for the harsh criticism. there might be some who are interested in it, but I think most players wouldn't be interested in such a mod. the underworld could use an overhaul for real, but to increase its revisit value, not to decrease it. that is what I think.

I kinda agree with you, but at least I do feel like that at least I needed some sort of insane challenge that I could take on besides Calamity. But I will think about maybe decreasing the difficulty for my suggestion a little bit if that's what you're concerned about.

I kinda agree with you, but at least I do feel like that at least I needed some sort of insane challenge that I could take on besides Calamity. But I will think about maybe decreasing the difficulty for my suggestion a little bit if that's what you're concerned about.
There are all sorts of fun - or hard - challanges if that's what you're looking for. Master mode (I didn't tried it yet) also sounds insanely tough.
You can also try something like "start in hardmode" with master mode, if you enjoy suffering fighting with muscleman blue slimes.

If you say you're looking for challanges, I understand that, but I don't think the mod idea you described would be actually fun for most players, so... yeah, I think while hell is a biome in need of an overhaul to begin with, rather, it should provide more reasons to go there, not to deter players even more, when there's nothing valuable there anyway to visit if after WoF...

There are all sorts of fun - or hard - challanges if that's what you're looking for. Master mode (I didn't tried it yet) also sounds insanely tough.
You can also try something like "start in hardmode" with master mode, if you enjoy suffering fighting with muscleman blue slimes.

If you say you're looking for challanges, I understand that, but I don't think the mod idea you described would be actually fun for most players, so... yeah, I think while hell is a biome in need of an overhaul to begin with, rather, it should provide more reasons to go there, not to deter players even more, when there's nothing valuable there anyway to visit if after WoF...

Well in my opinion, I think at least Hell needed enemies that are counterparts to the Jungle and the Snow Biome. But feel free to suggest changes that are needed.

Well in my opinion, I think at least Hell needed enemies that are counterparts to the Jungle and the Snow Biome. But feel free to suggest changes that are needed.
While hell barely gets new enemies in hardmode - there are lava bats or something, and there are also red devils post at least one mech or something, but the biggest problem is, that it has nothing to give it actual revisit value, besides the tax collector.

ice biome offers some interesting drops in hardmode too, although relatively few new natural resources.
the jungle does, with life fruits, clorophyte and all sort of other stuff, like Plantera herself.

but hell offers nothing... there's fireblossom, you can just ignore if you found some seeds in herb bags, there's hellstone you need late pre-hardmode but not after, and... well, shadow chests, you can open post-skeletron (once you have the key)... that's all stuff for pre-hardmode.

It doesn't even offers a tree type or something for an unique furniture set...
Sure, it offers a furniture set, that can be looted, but that's all...

It's all pre-hardmode stuff.
There's nothing really to collect there in hardmode. no new metals, material or anything (that is relevant for game progression)

This somewhat goes for biomes like the underground desert too, which practically mostly offers only vanity in hardmode and barely anything else. But hell is even worse, because it just doesn't offers anything at that point... and it's usually a detour as well, because you won't usually cross there traveling to another biome.

it needs interesting loot in hardmode, (and no ridicolously tough enemies that kill you before you blink twice) you could collect/farm for, and other stuff. be it ores, enemy drops or other things. that might would help it.

While hell barely gets new enemies in hardmode - there are lava bats or something, and there are also red devils post at least one mech or something, but the biggest problem is, that it has nothing to give it actual revisit value, besides the tax collector.

ice biome offers some interesting drops in hardmode too, although relatively few new natural resources.
the jungle does, with life fruits, clorophyte and all sort of other stuff, like Plantera herself.

but hell offers nothing... there's fireblossom, you can just ignore if you found some seeds in herb bags, there's hellstone you need late pre-hardmode but not after, and... well, shadow chests, you can open post-skeletron (once you have the key)... that's all stuff for pre-hardmode.

There's nothing really to collect there in hardmode. no new metals, material or anything (that is relevant for game progression)

This somewhat goes for biomes like the underground desert too, which practically mostly offers only vanity in hardmode and barely anything else. But hell is even worse, because it just doesn't offers anything at that point... and it's usually a detour as well, because you won't usually cross there traveling to another biome.

it needs interesting loot in hardmode, (and no ridicolously tough enemies that kill you before you blink twice) you could collect/farm for, and other stuff. be it ores, enemy drops or other things. that might would help it.

You know what? You gave me an idea! So first off, I will just remove the annoying debuts to most of the enemies if that's what you're concerned of and just replace most of the enemies that has the custom Debuff with burning and replace Burning with On Fire! As for the minerals for Hell, I would say that the Ores will be called Lavastone(Which is molten rocks that are rainbow colored) and replaces most of the hellstone after all Mechanical bosses are defeated and they can be used for more defense with the total of 64.

Lava Golems will drop a Fire Heart that can be used to make Earth Armor with lava stone which has 70 defense stats and inflict Onfire to enemies and day broken.

Giant Pitchforks drop Master's Edge which is a summon items from ssb4 which inflicts shadow flame to enemies.

And enemies have a 1/100 chance off dropping a lava staff which summons a miniature lava slime.

I think that there is already enough weapons and armors post-golem. There is shroomite for rangers, spectre for mages, spooky armor for summoners, and beetle armor for melee users. If you want more powerups, you can fight the two difficult and optional bosses, Empress of Light and Duke Fishron.

They wont always inflict that debuff every attack, they will inflict it rarely like 3/100

Back
Top Bottom