PC My mouse has a delay for some reason

hunt2man

Terrarian
When I move my mouse around it feels like it's delayed. I've done everything I can think of. I've disabled Vsync, and messed around with frameskip.

All I know is when I play on an old mac it doesn't have the delay, but on my laptop it does.

While it doesn't seem like that massive of a deal. It's rendered the game unplayable for me.

The only other place I've encountered delay like this is in Elite Dangerous. You can choose how the mouse is rendered, and one of the options causes delay. The option when you choose to render it in game or something like that.

Hey there.

Could you do the following for me?

• Press Windows+R on your keyboard.
  • Type "msinfo32" without the quotes.
  • Click the plus button next to "Components".
  • Click Display.
  • Screenshot the window and upload it here.
Also are you running in fullscreen or windowed? Does the input lag happen in both of these modes?

Hey there.

Could you do the following for me?

• Press Windows+R on your keyboard.
  • Type "msinfo32" without the quotes.
  • Click the plus button next to "Components".
  • Click Display.
  • Screenshot the window and upload it here.
Also are you running in fullscreen or windowed? Does the input lag happen in both of these modes?

Going windowed changes nothing. The resolution changes nothing.

upload_2019-1-9_18-5-37.png

That's almost what I need. Hopefully the screenshot below provides clarification. I need the display system information:

BpCMIxI.png

Frameskip does nothing that I can detect. I have turned off vsync for terraria in the nvidia settings and nothing has changed. Frame buffering is also at a minimum.

I'm so sorry for not getting back to you. For whatever reason I'm not getting alerts on this thread even though I have the entire section set to watch. Here is a direct link to the screenshot see if you can see that better:

https://i.imgur.com/BpCMIxI.png

I'm so sorry for not getting back to you. For whatever reason I'm not getting alerts on this thread even though I have the entire section set to watch. Here is a direct link to the screenshot see if you can see that better:

https://i.imgur.com/BpCMIxI.png

Oh yeah... Imgur is blocked on my laptop... It's only slightly frustrating... You can probably imagine how frustrating that is.
So if you could upload the image not using imgur. I would appreciate that.

Bump cause I want to be able to play this game without being revolted at the delay.

Edit: Just updated my graphics card drivers. They were 7 months old. No change in mouse delay.

Edit 2: I'm gonna get Geforce Experience and see if I can do anything there

Edit3: Nothing changed. Although when I use the overlay in terraria I have the weird delay.

Last edited:
What is with this thread and not giving me alerts... Guess I need to check manually each day.

In your Nvidia Control Panel you'll want to force VSync off for Terraria's application. In game you want to make sure Frameskip is off. Then back in the Nvidia control panel try forcing triple buffering and checking to see if it reduces input lag. If not, force it off.

If that doesn't work we're going to uninstall and reinstall your monitor and mouse drivers. See if one of them is messing things up for you.

• Press Windows+R
  • type "devmgmt.msc" without the quotes and press enter
  • Look for the Mice section and the monitor section
  • Uninstall your monitor first, it may go black for a few seconds do not be alarmed this is normal
  • Then uninstall the mouse driver
  • Restart your computer. (to restart your computer without using the mouse press Windows+D then alt+f4 then enter)
  • Check to see if the lag persists
00KTVkO.png

What is with this thread and not giving me alerts... Guess I need to check manually each day.

In your Nvidia Control Panel you'll want to force VSync off for Terraria's application. In game you want to make sure Frameskip is off. Then back in the Nvidia control panel try forcing triple buffering and checking to see if it reduces input lag. If not, force it off.

If that doesn't work we're going to uninstall and reinstall your monitor and mouse drivers. See if one of them is messing things up for you.

• Press Windows+R
  • Uninstall your monitor first, it may go black for a few seconds do not be alarmed this is normal
  • Restart your computer. (to restart your computer without using the mouse press Windows+D then alt+f4 then enter)
00KTVkO.png

Will do in a little bit. I will get back to you after I do it.

• Press Windows+R
00KTVkO.png
Does being on a laptop change anything?

These are the drivers.

upload_2019-1-24_13-58-36.png

It shouldn't change anything.

By the way do you use a mouse or touchpad for Terraria?

You should be fine to uninstall all the drivers under mice and pointing devices. Windows will grab fresh versions of the driver after the restart.

You should be fine to uninstall all the drivers under mice and pointing devices. Windows will grab fresh versions of the driver after the restart.

I uninstalled the drivers and restarted. I'm launching terraria now.

No change.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom