PC My mouse has a delay for some reason

When playing Terraria and getting the delay could you open the task manager and screenshot the resources? I want to know how much memory, CPU, and GPU is being used up.

When playing Terraria and getting the delay could you open the task manager and screenshot the resources? I want to know how much memory, CPU, and GPU is being used up.

Sure thing. Though I don't think it'll show anything.

upload_2019-1-27_13-24-32.png

Not much happens...

Last edited:
If you either kill the "Logitech Gaming Framework" process or uninstall it do you still get input lag? Some users have mentioned this solved their issue.

Also if you plug your mouse into other USB ports does the problem still occur?

Do you own any other Mice that you can use to see if the problem exists across all mice?

If you either kill the "Logitech Gaming Framework" process or uninstall it do you still get input lag? Some users have mentioned this solved their issue.

Also if you plug your mouse into other USB ports does the problem still occur?

Do you own any other Mice that you can use to see if the problem exists across all mice?
Will do. I’ll be back in about 15 hours.

There are no changes depending on the mouse I use. I am most certain the mouse delay has something to do with just terraria. I am thoroughly stumped on what to do at this point.

The weird thing is I've never been able to find other threads with this issue that aren't fixed by vsync.

For the NVidia Control Panel, adjust the settings for Terraria and find the setting for "Max Pre-Rendered Frames". Verify it is set to one.

If it is already set to one, or it doesn't solve your issue I have another trick up my sleeve that will allow me to force and export settings that you can then import on your side to make sure NVidia is doing everything it is supposed to. So we know it isn't choosing to ignore changes made in the control panel.

Let me know the results of the pre rendered frame settings.

You don't need to apologize, we're doing this all on your time, do it whenever you have time. Hopefully this solution yields positive results.

Alright, we're going to use the NVidia Inspector to force a few settings. We'll be changing both the global profile and the Terraria profile just to be sure. Download and extract the Nvidia Inspector.

Run the program, and click the button that I circled in red in the screenshot below. I highlighted all the settings you need to match on your end.

RueMpsH.png

Make sure to also change the Terraria profile.

rrzV79G.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this doesn't work then it's possible the game is being run on the integrated GPU and not the Nvidia one. In which case you'll need to set it so it runs on the Nvidia one.

Will do that. Although I'm pretty sure it's run off the GPU cause there's a widget that tells me what's being used. I could force it though.

So I put the setting to always use the "Nvidia Graphics Processor"

Wasn't able to test it on terraria today. I spent all day modifying my 3ds. Will do tomorrow.

Also rip my battery life. Who needs battery life on a gaming laptop.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom