PC My mouse has a delay for some reason

I just noticed in that screenshot you are getting 40 fps, which means the game was not running on your dedicated GPU.

What's the fps after you turned on always use nvidia gpu? Is it now 60?

You can also mess around with the settings in the Intel GPU manager. Turn VSync off there, but the best solution would be to get it running on the 1050 ti.

I'm 100% sure it's running off the GPU. Now it is at least. I'll see if I can turn vsync off in the integrated one as well.

We can always test to see which one is being used. Here is an excerpt and image from an online guide that explains how to verify that.

To check which GPU a game is using, open the Task Manager and enable the “GPU Engine” column on the Processes pane. You'll then see which GPU number an application is using. You can view which GPU is associated with which number from the Performance tab.

img_5af0975c2a7cf.png

Take a screenshot of what GPU is being used by Terraria. Then take a screenshot of the Performance tab in the rask manager so we can see what gpu is listed for which number.

At 60 fps with frameskip off and using the settings we have set in the GPU manager people usually have their input lag resolved. So if we see that despite everything we have done and seen, we still get input lag I'll tag QA see if they have any thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:
@hunt2man can I get a dxdiag from you? To do this press Windows+R, type "dxdiag" without the quotes and press enter. Click on save all information at the bottom then upload the file you saved to a file sharing site so that I can download it. I'd like to include for QA and fill out some missing specs from below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
@Leinfors @Ghostar

Any thoughts or ideas on this? Any related bugs being tracked about this?

I'll sum things up here so you don't need to go through the entire thread.

The Issue: Input lag while playing Terraria.

Additional Notes: There was another game that has done this on their system, Elite Dangerous, but like WoW the game allows you to choose software or hardware rendered mouse. Which clears up the issue for them.

Relevant Hardware: GTX 1050 Ti, PROCESSOR TBD, DISPLAY DEVICE TBD.

Hardware notes: The user gets the issue regardless of what mouse is used.

Solutions we tried
  • Disabled VSync.
  • Tried all Frameskip settings.
  • Reinstalled Terraria.
  • Frame Buffer set to minimum.
  • Maximum Pre-rendered frames set to 1.
  • Updated graphics drivers.
  • Reinstalled Mouse drivers.
  • Reinstall Monitor drivers.
  • Uninstalled Logitech Gaming framework.
  • Tried other USB ports.
  • Tried other Mice.
  • Forced and verified game was running on dedicated gpu.
As you can see short of reinstalling Windows we tried just about everything to remove the input lag for the mouse but we have still been unsuccessful.

Unfortunately, this doesn't resemble any sort of issue or bug I've heard of before. Definitely sounds like some sort of specific hardware conflict, though I can't say I have any leads as to what the cause would be.

Thanks for the update and taking the time to read this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
@hunt2man

I started doing research on what unconventional issues could create input lag and found that after the Anniversary update for Windows 10 many users reported games with input lag. Most noticeable on Games like CS-GO. Here's a screenshot of the recommended fix for that specific situation. It's something you may be interested in trying.

kMGhXFO.png

Other methods of reducing or disabling input lag that I researched come from WindowsReport. These are the most promising solutions that you can try and let me know if it ended up working. See the spoiler button below:

KkSYUJ5.png

XvaI2Fy.png

BbFjn3A.png

(please keep in mind if you disable Nvidia HD Audio and you are using an HDMI cable you will lose audio)
M2EXcyC.png

HJzVhuh.png

I'm hoping one of these other solutions work out for you. Let me know if any of these help.

Funnily enough you tagging me is the first alert I've gotten from this thread; Watching it does nothing.

I'll try these when I get a chance to. At least I know it's something to do with hardware or software on my end.

Back
Top Bottom