My new Pc

Will it overheat?

• It will put your House on Fire, Guille!

• You shouldn't have any problems

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi Terrarians!
My birthday is in 5 days :cool::happy::D:redspin:, And I'm going to buy myself, with my parents help, a new Pc fr gaming.
This will be my set up:
Intel Quad core I5 4590 3.3/3.7 GHz
Sapphire R9 270x DDR5 2Gb
8 Gb ddr3 ram 1600 mHz Kingston Fury
1Tb Sata 3 7200 rpm
Still deciding the monitor (is 720p enough for gaming?)

and the part I'm a bit worried about:
Sentey Ds1-4234 with 650W Psu + 4 coolers 120mm gabinet

I'm worried about this last one because I don't know if the Pc will overheat, so what do you think about it?
I was considering a Thermaltake commander msi, but i don't have enough money for it. Will the Psu be enough for my setup? (I don't know how to use any Psu calculator).

Thanks for the technical help!

Here's the online article by the way (it's in Spanish thought):

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar...amer-core-i5-8gb-1tb-ati-r9-270x-ddr5-2gb-_JM

Last edited by a moderator:
with that specs i think your pc will be able to play any game on 720p resolution on ultra settings and maybe high settings in 1080p resolution. i dont know about the overheating but if it overheats just lower the resolution and graphic settings

That CPU (when bought separately as a component in a build-your-own setup) comes with a stock cooler, which should be installed in that setup. It's basically a largish copper and aluminum heat sink with a fan that is mounted to the motherboard in direct contact with the CPU chip. That should take care of cooling the CPU. The video card also has fans mounted to it.

The general problem I've found with pre-built computers (which from the picture at that link, I'm assuming this is) is that they crowd a lot of stuff into a small-ish case with cables going everywhere, and that restricts airflow within the case. More than anything else, that will affect the overall cooling properties of the computer. As RK notes, you can add more case fans, but only to the point where you have places to mount them inside the case and power connectors for them on the motherboard. You can also be sure to put the computer in a place that has good airflow all around it, and avoid direct sunlight or other heat sources near it; that will help keep it cool. Also, check inside the case often for accumulating dust and carefully vacuum that out; if you have to clean it often, then the case has bad airflow.

The PSU wattage you listed should be ample to run those components, but PSU's vary widely in their efficiency. I'm not familiar with that particular brand, and pre-built computers are generally constructed from off-brand components. Most likely, you won't have a problem with overheating before the warranty period runs out.

If you're not someone who likes to overclock their hardware I wouldn't worry about overheating. Just make sure you airdust your pc once in a year. Dust can build up inside your pc, making it harder for your hardware to lose its high temperature.
Use an airduster though, like 'air in a can', NOT a vacuumcleaner. Static electricity from vacuuming can seriously reduce your hardware's lifespan.

There are some cpu's that cannot/will not cool fast enough when on max loads (the FX series 85xx and up) for example will need water cooling to keep up with temperatures. So no, not all CPUs that you buy with a stock cooler will be suffice, it all depends on what you will be using it for.

Thanks for everything guys! So yeah, do you think cleaning the dust will be enough? The gabinet comes with 4 fans, but i don't know If I can add more. What do you think about this gabinet? Does it have enough room? I'm not overclocking for now so, yeah. @Marcus101RR the cpu is an 15 4590, do you think it will overheat?[DOUBLEPOST=1413404040][/DOUBLEPOST]
That CPU (when bought separately as a component in a build-your-own setup) comes with a stock cooler, which should be installed in that setup. It's basically a largish copper and aluminum heat sink with a fan that is mounted to the motherboard in direct contact with the CPU chip. That should take care of cooling the CPU. The video card also has fans mounted to it.

The general problem I've found with pre-built computers (which from the picture at that link, I'm assuming this is) is that they crowd a lot of stuff into a small-ish case with cables going everywhere, and that restricts airflow within the case. More than anything else, that will affect the overall cooling properties of the computer. As RK notes, you can add more case fans, but only to the point where you have places to mount them inside the case and power connectors for them on the motherboard. You can also be sure to put the computer in a place that has good airflow all around it, and avoid direct sunlight or other heat sources near it; that will help keep it cool. Also, check inside the case often for accumulating dust and carefully vacuum that out; if you have to clean it often, then the case has bad airflow.

The PSU wattage you listed should be ample to run those components, but PSU's vary widely in their efficiency. I'm not familiar with that particular brand, and pre-built computers are generally constructed from off-brand components. Most likely, you won't have a problem with overheating before the warranty period runs out.
Wow, thanks for your reply! do you think that gabinet is small-ish?

The ones that selected "it will put your house in fire,Guille!", can give me the reasons please? :p
Man, don't worry so much. Your pc is going to be fiiiine. Just don't be overclocking stuff unless you know what you're doing. Airdust it once a year. You'll be enjoying that rig for years to come. I see that the computer case you chose has a big fan in the rear and two on the side. Even with just the one in the rear you'll be fiiiiiiiiiine.
If your pc overheats I am going to eat my shoes and post pictures.

Man, don't worry so much. Your pc is going to be fiiiine. Just don't be overclocking stuff unless you know what you're doing. Airdust it once a year. You'll be enjoying that rig for years to come. I see that the computer case you chose has a big fan in the rear and two on the side. Even with just the one in the rear you'll be fiiiiiiiiiine.
If your pc overheats I am going to eat my shoes and post pictures.

Cool....I hope you don't have to eat your shoes (or do I?)

Make sure your PC itself has some room, don't cram it into a tiny hole and let it have a lot of air passage.
Make sure to blow dust away occasionally too.

Lastly, it's not a question of whether the PC will overheat or not, it is a question of when.
Because it will always find a way.
Always.

Make sure your PC itself has some room, don't cram it into a tiny hole and let it have a lot of air passage.
Make sure to blow dust away occasionally too.

Lastly, it's not a question of whether the PC will overheat or not, it is a question of when.
Because it will always find a way.
Always.

But if I keep dustblowing it, will it overheat?
in argentina we can reach 40°C in Summer + the pc temperature = ?
Please anyone with technical knowledge tell me if the r9 270x is hot or not

Bonus question: XFX r9 270x or Sapphire r9 270x?

But if I keep dustblowing it, will it overheat?
in argentina we can reach 40°C in Summer + the pc temperature = ?
Please anyone with technical knowledge tell me if the r9 270x is hot or not

Stop letting people scare you. :D You bought a pc, not a thermal detonator.
Like I said, keep it dust clean once a year. Your computer will never overheat if you treat it right.
And people, stop scaring him already. Sheesh.

And even IF! IF your pc would overheat... IF for some weird reason you decided to overclock it way past its recommended settings and IF you somehow avoided to vacuumclean your house, giving your room 50 centimeters of dust piled up on your stuff, then your pc will beep a couple of times and shut down to avoid damage. It's its way of telling you: Don't overclock me, fool! I'm choking in my own dust, you filthy bastard!
Stop worrying! Start gaming!:cool:

Okay, thanks everybody! I just got to the shop, got the pc installed and started playing...

Animated-building-on-fire-burning-down.gif

Joking

Still dunno if going for an XFX r9 270x or a sapphire one...

Why do you people keep voting fire in the poll????????????????[DOUBLEPOST=1413645091][/DOUBLEPOST]
your computer will only overheat if:
  • the fans are :red:
  • you installed a component :red:
  • you're running a lot of :red:
  • your fans are jammed full of :red:
  • your drivers are :red:
unless you plan on running watch dogs 10 times on max settings you're probably good
I actually think the fans are :red:....

This reminds me of my laptop (not this one), which can play games like AC, Tomb Raiders...
BUT, no cooler. Auto-turn-off because of overheat is a total nightmare.
So, good luck in taking care of your computer.

I actually think the fans are :red:....
Doubtful. As I've seen your case and it looks great. Nothing like the crappy pc's in the store I worked long ago. Now THOSE were bad. I felt ashamed for working there and didn't work there for long. Ah, the stories I could tell... like my boss having to explain to the police why we had a bunch of stolen harddrives or the number of thugs I've seen passing through the shop to see my boss and one day see my boss having a black eye and bruised arm. "I fel." Uhuh.

I... am losing the point I was going to make. Yeah, your fans are fine. No more complaining here. Your pc rocks! Now learn to live with it.

Auto-turn-off because of overheat is a total nightmare.
Yeah, it's no fun staring at a blank screen after finishing that bad guy after 14 tries and were on your way to save your game.
But I favour it over a pc smelling like baked printboards. Besides, it's a problem solving mechanic. If you experience a shutdown like that it means you have to do something about it so that it won't happen again. ;)

Back
Top Bottom