My new way to make money (Mid-Late Pre-Hardmode)

RafaelHydra

Skeletron Prime
Hi there, my name is RafaelHydra and I think I came up with a decent way to make some money.

What does it consist of?
  • This method is somewhat weird, consisting of getting lots of obsidian, making skulls out of it and selling them for a lot of money. I doubt anyone has come up with this money-making method, but I do have one thing to clarify: This method is Non-Renewable, however, it can be used many times. Enjoy! :)

You will need:
  • Demolitionist NPC (or just simply lots of bombs)
  • Cavern layer where you have lots of lava (above underworld) and lots of underground water lakes
  • (Bonus) Recall Potions or Magic Mirror to go back home more easily
How do you do it?
  • Step 1: Get some bombs. (50 should be enough for around 300 obsidian)
  • Step 2: Find a lava lake. (No underworld lava!)
  • Step 3: Find underground water lakes near. (and above) the lava.
  • Step 4: Mine/drive the water on top of the layer. (It should form a layer of obsidian on top of the lava)
  • Step 5: Throw the bombs on top of the obsidian. (About 3 blocks away from the wall, and around 5 blocks distance between each bomb)
  • Step 6: When the bombs explode, pass by to collect the obsidian.
  • Step 7: Repeat step 5 until you clear the lava lake
  • Step 8: When you run out of bombs, return to your base.
  • Step 9: Turn all the obsidian you got into Obsidian Skulls.
  • Step 10: Sell the skulls you crafted to the nearest NPC with a shop. Each skull sells between 56 silver coins (No modifiers) and 71-ish silver coins (best modifiers).
  • Step 10.5: If you got around 300 obsidian and used it all to craft the skulls, you should get around 10 gold coins each time you do this method.
  • Step 11: ???
  • Step 12: Profit!
  • Note: Start from Step 1 if you want to do this method again.
Anything else?
  • Recommended to clear about 75% of your inv. space before doing this.
  • Make sure you have something to get back to your base quickly, like a Magic Mirror or some Recall Potions.
  • This isn't the most effective way to make money, however, it probably is one of the few that requires no farms and uses naturally generated elements to your advantage.
  • That's all! Try it out and tell me what you think.
Contact me if you have any problems, I will try to help you. Sincerely, -RafaelHydra.

Once you have access to pumps you can create obsidian generators and I think people do in fact use them for making ans selling skulls, among other things. Its a good method though.

I could see this being used in a speed-run or general fast-paced play for people who aren't too interested in building.

Once you have access to pumps you can create obsidian generators and I think people do in fact use them for making ans selling skulls, among other things. Its a good method though.
Thanks! Thought people would ignore this method, I personally think there are far more efficient methods out there.
[doublepost=1469591387,1469591344][/doublepost]
I could see this being used in a speed-run or general fast-paced play for people who aren't too interested in building.
Actually, I never thought someone would use it that way. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom