PC My NPC Happiness Guide I Made

Sprouts

Terrarian
Recently got Terraria 1.4 and a forum account and thought I might give a shot at making NPC groups for Happiness. feel free to offer suggestions and use this guide. The base for this was taken off the wiki and the name and use sections was literally copied. If i screwed something up please tell me.

Name: Picture and name of NPCs
Use: what the NPC does and helps with
Value: my personal Value of the NPCs i used this to decide which NPC to prioritize from 0(no use) to 5(lots of use)
Neighbors: what Npcs live nearby it for Happiness
Location: what biome to put them in. if one was based on biome and another on vertical location they were combined so they both have a liked biome. ex. if one liked the underground and another liked the Hallow i put them in the Underground Hallow. if this is a wrong assumption please tell me

Name Use Value (0-5) Neighbors Location
Guide
GuideProvides tips and a general guide on how to acquire other NPCs.
Provides recipes that include an item that is shown to him.
0 Dryad
Witch Dr.
Jungle
Merchant
MerchantSells basic tools and supplies.2Clothier
Pirate
Ocean
Merchant vessel (design idea)
Nurse
NurseHeals players and cancels debuffs in exchange for coins.1Arms DealerHallowed Desert
Demolitionist
DemolitionistSells explosives.4TavernkeepUnderground Hallow
Dye Trader
Dye TraderSells the Dye Vat crafting station.
Provides rare dyes in exchange for Strange Plants.
0Painter
Party
Hallow Desert
Angler
AnglerGives fishing quests and rewards players for completing them.2TaxSnow
Zoologist
ZoologistSells vanity, mount, pet, and critter-themed items.3Golfer
Wizard
Forest
Dryad
DryadSells nature/Corruption/Crimson items, and can report the percentage of Corruption/Crimson and Hallow in the world.5Guide
Witch Dr.
Jungle
Painter
PainterSells paint, painting tools, and paintings.0Dye
Party
Hallow Desert
Golfer
GolferSells Golf Clubs, Balls, and other golfing items.0Zoologist
Wizard
Forest
Arms Dealer
Arms DealerSells guns, bullets, and other ammunition.3NurseHallow Desert
Tavernkeep
TavernkeepSells items that summon and help with fighting the Old One's Army, most of them only in exchange for Defender Medals.4DemolitionistUnderground Hallow
Stylist
StylistCan change the player's hairstyle and sells Hair Dyes.0Cyborg
Steampunker
Desert
Goblin Tinkerer
Goblin TinkererSells items such as the Tinkerer's Workshop, and can reforge items.3MechanicSnowy Underground
Witch Doctor
Witch DoctorSells the Blowgun, the Imbuing Station, summoner equipment, Fountains, and Leaf Wings.3Guide
Dryad
Jungle
Clothier
ClothierSells some vanity items, including the Familiar set.0Merchant
Pirate
Ocean merchant vessel (design idea)
Mechanic
MechanicSells the Wrench, Wire, and other mechanism-related items.5Goblin TinkererSnowy Underground
Party Girl
Party GirlSells novelty items that create colorful visual effects.0Dye
Painter
Hallow Desert

Hardmode

Wizard
WizardSells magic-related items.3Zoologist
Golfer
Forest
Tax Collector
Tax CollectorCollects property taxes from other NPCs. Earns 50 per NPC present, collectable by the player.2AnglerSnow
Truffle
TruffleSells the Autohammer, Mushroom Spear, and other mushroom-themed items.2PrincessGlowing mushroom
Pirate
PirateSells the Cannon and other pirate-themed items.0Merchant
Clothier
Ocean
Merchant vessel (design idea
Steampunker
SteampunkerSells the Clentaminator, Teleporter, Jetpack, and other items.2Stylist
Cyborg
Desert
Cyborg
CyborgSells the Proximity Mine Launcher, Rockets, and Nanites.2Steampunker
Stylist
Desert
Princess
PrincessSells several vanity and furniture items.1TruffleGlowing Mushrooms

For a Player growing accustomed with NPC happiness and a desire taking it more seriously, this is a guide that will come in handy. Thanks for sharing! `:D

For a Player growing accustomed with NPC happiness and a desire taking it more seriously, this is a guide that will come in handy. Thanks for sharing! `:D
I glad it will help but take my work with grain of salt. I’m not sure how effective it actually is but I tried my best!

First point: Per the wiki, the happiness biomes don't do hybrid biomes. In particular, Underground/Cavern are explicitly those caves which are not included in another biome such as Hallow or Jungle, just as Forest is the surface areas which have no other biome. Also, almost anything except Underground/Cavern and Forest will pre-empt Desert, so Desert Hallow counts as Hallow.

Second point: Not all the relationships are two-way -- for example, the Tax Collector loves the Merchant, but the Merchant hates the Tax Collector. Even with the two-way relationships, they often prefer different biomes. (One notable exception is the Golfer and his little sister the Zoologist, who like each other and the Forest.) The poor Party Girl likes a bunch of people who don't care about her, and hates the Tax Collector who likes her (letch...).

Between these, I generally find it best to have multiple housing suites available, where I can specifically keep my favorites happy, but also transfer them around if I happen to need to buy a lot from one of my less-favored NPC. (Selling is easy, since any vendor will do, so I can just pick the happiest.)

Speaking of which, how is the Goblin Tinkerer not a 5? His reforge costs are the biggest cash drain in the game, and yes they get adjusted for happiness. I generally keep him with the Demolitionist and the Mechanic in the Underground, arranged so that the dwarf is out of close range of the goblin, but the Mechanic is in range of both. That keeps him maximally happy, and the other two reasonably so. I can sell him stuff too, and if I need to buy a lot of stuff from the Mechanic, I can move her and her boyfriend to the Snow for a trading session.

The Tax Collector is another natural 5 -- he provides free money, and the amounts vary with his happiness. Unfortunately, keeping him happy requires making the Merchant and/or the Party Girl miserable.

Back
Top Bottom