Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 11
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Capture 2022-10-01 20_31_03.png

Welcome to the forums Arkhalis1344 and CheesedCheese!
Please attach a copy of your world file. If the forum says it's too large to upload, you can put it in a ZIP file first.

I didn't see this had been posted already, it's happening to me as well. I have attached a photo as well as the world file. The weird part of it is that it's only the one side that disappears. After refilling it with a bottomless bucket of water and saving, upon reload the water will gradually disappear with every subsequent save and reload sequence.

Edit: As advised below I'd like to add some more information to my report:
  • World Difficulty: Master
  • Left or Right Ocean: Left
  • Singleplayer or Multiplayer: Singleplayer
  • Whether the world was created in 1.4.4.2 or an earlier version (and the version, if known): Yes, the world was created in 1.4.4.2
  • If you have seen the ocean full or if it was dry when you first arrived: It was full when I first got there.
  • Anything else you did in the play session or that might be relevant: I don't know what triggered the drying up of the water as I had saved near the ocean and away from it before without issue. I just noticed when returning to do Angler quests what had happened.
  • Temporary Fix: If you don't mind "Cheating" you can use TEdit to refill the ocean and it won't despawn the water.
1664715123883.png

Attachments

• Flat_Earth_MSTR.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Me too. I discovered my ocean like this, dunno if the water was there before and then disappeared or not
1664719549747.png

Attachments

• Luminia.wld
    10.8 MB · Views: 39
Happened to me too. One time I refilled it, now it happened again. Even one pond close to the ocean disappeared.

Attachments

• Terraria_New.wld
    11 MB · Views: 33
I've found somewhat of a solution, it appears if you use TEdit you can add the water back in and it won't despawn. Not the best solution but it works.

Thank you everyone for the information. I've reported this to the developers to investigate.

If anyone else comes across this thread and has the same issue, please advise the following:
  • World difficulty (Journey, Classic, Expert, Master)
  • Whether it was the left or right ocean affected
  • Single or multiplayer
  • Whether the world was created in 1.4.4.2 or an earlier version (and the version, if known)
  • If you have seen the ocean full or if it was dry when you first arrived
  • Anything else you did in the play session or that might be relevant

• World difficulty: Classic
  • Side: Left
  • Mode: Single Player
  • Version: 1.4.4 Build 960 (Nintendo Switch)
  • Ocean was mostly empty when first arrived.
  • Visited the right ocean first and it was normal. The empty ocean was on the side with the dungeon.
Since it is on console I am unable to provide the world file, or use TEdit to fix it.

Thank you everyone for the information. I've reported this to the developers to investigate.

If anyone else comes across this thread and has the same issue, please advise the following:
  • World difficulty (Journey, Classic, Expert, Master)
  • Whether it was the left or right ocean affected
  • Single or multiplayer
  • Whether the world was created in 1.4.4.2 or an earlier version (and the version, if known)
  • If you have seen the ocean full or if it was dry when you first arrived
  • Anything else you did in the play session or that might be relevant
For my previous post it was
  • Master difficulty
  • Left Ocean
  • Single Player
  • Version.... whatever was the latest at the time of posting (PC, Steam)... so probably 1.4.4.2
  • Dry on arrival
  • I world hop a lot so the world was loaded several times before I even made it to the ocean.

The TEdit solution has apparently stopped working. The ocean is once again deleting itself for no reason what so ever.

Edit: So I may have just determined the cause of the bug, upon closing the game completely and reopening it after refilling the ocean (With TEdit or by Hand with a bucket) the water will not despawn on load. This makes me think the bug is somehow caused by the game being open for long periods of time.

Last edited:
leftocean.png

Master difficulty
Left ocean
Singleplayer
Version 1.4.3
I had seen the ocean full a few times in this play session, left it for several minutes, returned to it and it was dry
A bit earlier I opened the world to multiplayer for a friend to visit, but well after going back to singleplayer the ocean was fine.

Maybe down the tunnel there a biome change from ocean to underground desert is triggering the underworld evaporation mechanic somehow?

I dont know for sure, it's just the explanation that makes the most sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom