• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

My opinion

epicjamie06

Terrarian
My opinion on this whole situation is because of the community. There are so many complaints about the game theyre trying to fix them, which is causing delay. For example, the graphics: There are lots of complaints about them and they are trying to fix that. Just me. Not totally sure why though.

landstalker

Terrarian
My opinion on this whole situation is because of the community. There are so many complaints about the game theyre trying to fix them, which is causing delay. For example, the graphics: There are lots of complaints about them and they are trying to fix that. Just me. Not totally sure why though.
My opinion, based on the fact that I actually work in the games industry and that I was "lucky" enough to be involved with the original version of T:OW, is that very few, if any of the comments from the fans will have any bearing or effect on what Pipeworks are doing to T:OW.
All decisions and opinions about the original "version" and how to address the associated problems, will have been arrived upon through long, detailed discussions between the Pipeworks team and Re-Logic.
Changes in direction regarding graphics or gameplay will not be based on any suggestions from the forums, or opinions from their legions of fans.
They will be serious and professional decisions based on what they feel is best for the project and what they know they can achieve in however long they had allotted for development.
Taking the suggestions of the community into consideration would simply muddy the waters with conflicting suggestions and/or opinions and would stop development rather than increase progress. A number of people would need to wade through endless posts here and elsewhere regarding the project, lists of ideas would need to be read and collated and then the viability of each would have to be discussed.
Such an undertaking would be enormous, time-consuming and counterproductive.
The community must trust to the professionalism of two teams who have a wealth of industry development experience and wait to see if they are satisfied with the result.
I seriously doubt that many will be disappointed.
The community can then see what ideas Pipeworks have come up with and if it makes anyone sleep better at night, they can point at certain elements and say "I told them to do that".
Nothing is original in gaming anymore.
Just let the grownups do their job and be patient. ;)

Last edited:

Altaire

Terrarian
My opinion, based on the fact that I actually work in the games industry and that I was "lucky" enough to be involved with the original version of T:OW, is that very few, if any of the comments from the fans will have any bearing or effect on what Pipeworks are doing to T:OW.
All decisions and opinions about the original "version" and how to address the associated problems, will have been arrived upon through long, detailed discussions between the Pipeworks team and Re-Logic.
Changes in direction regarding graphics or gameplay will not be based on any suggestions from the forums, or opinions from their legions of fans.
They will be serious and professional decisions based on what they feel is best for the project and what they know they can achieve in however long they had allotted for development.
Taking the suggestions of the community into consideration would simply muddy the waters with conflicting suggestions and/or opinions and would stop development rather than increase progress. A number of people would need to wade through endless posts here and elsewhere regarding the project, lists of ideas would need to be read and collated and then the viability of each would have to be discussed.
Such an undertaking would be enormous, time-consuming and counterproductive.
The community must trust to the professionalism of two teams who have a wealth of industry development experience and wait to see if they are satisfied with the result.
I seriously doubt that many will be disappointed.
The community can then see what ideas Pipeworks have come up with and if it makes anyone sleep better at night, they can point at certain elements and say "I told them to do that".
Nothing is original in gaming anymore.
Just let the grownups do their job and be patient. ;)
This is why there's a stigma that so many people who work in game design are socially inept.

Speaking as a "grown up", assuming 29 is old enough for your arbitrary standard of what that is, you're embarrassing yourself. Constantly.

Top Bottom