My Opinions to: Planter Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraLUSAD

Skeletron Prime
Q6eYl9T.jpg

Hello everyone, so far, I'm really enjoying this update, playing on a Medium world, Expert mode, though a soft-core character, for my first Opinions to share, i would like to talk about the Planter boxes

Viewed Impression:
Upon seeing these planter boxes, i quickly assumed they are of some special value, with there own name and style, i knew these where going to be a perfect addition for any alchemist.

Use Impression:
now i have my grubby hands on these Planter boxes, there wasn't a lot of choice of each box types, i assumed these where very valuable, for only being so few to by early on, so i began to experiment.

Research:
I've learned these boxes are quite powerful to the Clay pots, making these a far better choice for alchemist brewers, these don't need a block/platform to be placed, and can easily be placed on background walls, and they do not act like a solid object, as an added bonus, they also act as Platforms, forming a Clay pot/Platform Hybrids, thus, could go "herb/pot/herb/pot/herb" kind of layout rather than "herb/pot/platform/herb/pot/platform".

A sudden Idea!:
As these seems to be powerful items (and as each planter box has a name to each herb "Daybloom planter box" my first thought was "What if these boxes grew there respected plants on there own, rather than just weeds grown from it", this then would make perfect sense to why they are but few in stock, but gradually appear over progression. this of cause would make some sense and also growth speeds would be far slower than clay pots, however an infinite source of said herb.

Results:
Sadly weeds do grow, and my first thoughts where crushed, but wait, perhaps planting there herbs seeds might be more powerful instead.

Thoughts no.2:
Perhaps adding there respected herb seeds could make these plants grow faster, or ignore there blooming time allowing these herbs to be harvested with ease and for a quick replant, maybe, they yield more of what a clay pot gives when it blooms, like 1-2 Herb and 1-5 seeds, maybe?

Results:
Sigh, that doesn't work either, and found out any herb can be planted to it (Disappointed)

Final Thoughts;
Its a shame to know these planter boxes would be of powerful use but turns out they are just Clay pots/wall mounted/platform hybrids, only to serve as regular planting mechanics, although i will give credit on there design and choice, but being so few early on is kind of sad, had all of there designs been there at once would be good, but if they where able to do one or the other in either growing them selves or increase growth speeds and yields, i'd understand why so few appear early on, but giving credit as they allowing you to traverse them, and plant on them with ease, really does keep my word as they are a handy item to have for any alchemist alike, so, in my Opinion, i give these planer boxes a thumbs up, but it does make me feel sad, as they could of offered more potential.

This is DraLUSAD, giving my first Opinions on something new, Thanks for reading

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the extensive review :)
I do believe, however, that they speed up the growth of their plants and maybe even ones from their biomes. I do wish that they also made it so we would get seeds no matter what state the plant is in... (example waterleaf doesn't have to be underwater for it to give us seeds)
Correct me if I'm wrong :)

I'm not sure who else noticed, but in 1.3, they made it so that the Staff of Regrowth can harvest herbs from planters, and will even give you extra herbs and seeds if you do so.

I do wish that they also made it so we would get seeds no matter what state the plant is in... (example waterleaf doesn't have to be underwater for it to give us seeds)
Waterleaf also blooms when it rains, even if it's not directly exposed to the rain. Just so you know.
But yeah, they should make it at least so that the Staff of Regrowth has a chance of giving you seeds if the plant's not blooming.

Honestly my only complaint with planter boxes is the misleading expectations. I think a lot of people assumed they'd be more special in some way, and the game doesn't really do much to prevent you from getting hyped over them.

Overall I love the planter boxes and use them all the time now - it's just a minor thought on the matter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom