My own personal theory on the Corruption/Hallow

Pumpkaboom

Terrarian
Hello, everyone! I've been playing Terraria for a long time now, and there's one thing that struck me, along with many players (Hence the theories) is what the Hallow, the Corruption, and the Crimson is. Well, I've had this idea for a little bit now.

The main idea of my theory, is that the idea of the Corruption, Crimson and Hallow being bad/good is false. In fact, these biomes represent something different. The Corruption represents darkness, and the Hallow represents light. These two biomes already contrast each other, with Crimson (Blood/living) being left out of a contrasting biome (Which reminds me tech biome when?). While this idea seems the opposite of far-fetched, I'll still give proof for any doubters.

Evidence 1: The Souls

The Corruption and Hallow obviously have their own souls in their underground areas, but what's more important is the naming of those souls. The souls located in the Corruption are the Souls of Night, which by default we'd assume that it's evil, and the Hallow has the Souls of light, which we'd assume is good, but I have a different take on it. The soul of "night" and "light" can easily represent the idea before, but also the Moon and the Sun. When it's dark, it's usually Night, of which the moon is out. And when the sun's out, it's Light.

Evidence 2: The atmosphere

Building in the Corruption is a nightmare as is, but if you looked around, you'd noticed that the place gets darker and the Hallow gets lighter. This isn't just some kind of tactic to make you feel uneasy in the Corruption, this is also a nice little reference to the things that the two biomes represent again.

However, that's just a theory, and if you have better ideas or counter arguments, send them to me. I'll be glad to respond.

Sooooo... Whats the theory?

All jokes aside, Its pretty clear that the corruption is dark and the hollow is bright.

But seriously, Whats the theory?

Back
Top Bottom