PC My Port Forward no longer works?

MasterLuigi452

Headless Horseman
Hey fellas. I use Actiontec V1000H and was able to play with my friends for 2 years.
But now, others can't join my server. Even though I have my ip as static and gave them my public ip address.
I even removed my old port forwarding settings and remade a new one and it still doesn't work.
This is my current Port Forwarding page looks like.
2aa80be3d3.png

I don't know what those first two are, but I don't want to risk screwing up, so I'm keeping them. I had those in the past and they didn't affect my Terraria port forwarding before.
In addition, I tried completely disabling my firewall and connecting, but that didn't work either. I even made Terraria and TerrariaServer as exception programs too!
I'm not sure if this has to do with something, but I upgraded my Vista to Windows 7 recently, so that's that.

I followed the tutorials on portforward.com and they never failed me. Help me out here folks.

Last edited:
Does the IP address in the forwarding rule currently match the IP given to you by your router's DHCP?

On the above note, do you have duplicate computer names? Since you've recently updated to Win7, you've probably chosen a new computer name, or maybe even kept the same name. Try removing your current, and/or last computer from the device list on your router, disconnect from the network, and reconnect.

Have you changed your router's firewall settings recently?

Have you tried disabling your Windows Firewall altogether?

One the note of Windows Firewall, there are times when a Windows Update can cause redundancies, and corrupt your Windows Firewall. But don't look too much into this unless you see other signs.

It's a feature limited to certain routers, where, rather than configuring a setting to specific IP addresses, they configure it to a specific device so that the user doesn't have to constantly reconfigure it when using DHCP. That being said, if your router only configures a port setting to a specific IP, make sure your system's network settings are set static to that IP address, that way, you no longer have to worry about an IP change throwing off your port forward settings, if you haven't already.

**Unrelated**
Love that avy. :happy:
Luigi you sly dog.

No no no. DNS is your domain name lookup service. If you mess with that, your internet may not work right. What I mean is to set your computer's ethernet settings to static, with your IP Address set to the same address that you have your port forward setting bound to (192.168.1.72). This way, you won't have to worry about your router's DHCP changing your computer's IP address, and potentially messing up your port forwarding, provided that is the issue. Of course, should you do this, you will want to record the values that are currently in place.

To do this, go to your 'Network and Sharing Center', and then click on 'Change adaptor settings'. Right-click on your primary connection and click 'Status'. Then click on 'Details', and you should see your current IPv4 settings to use as a reference. The only one you'd be looking to change (if different than 192.168.1.72) is your IPv4 Address.

Just a heads up, I recently re made my ip address to static, so the ip is now 192.168.1.150.
And I did visit the place you mentioned and everything checks out.

I would recommend you use DMZ on your LAN IP that should resolve all your problems, also disable the internal firewall of the router.

I tried what Marcus suggested, but nothing still.
At this rate, I may as well post this problem at portforward.com forum.

Back
Top Bottom