My server cannot connect with others

xiaokujuju

Terrarian
Okay so the basic thing is that I can connect via with my nephew both online and offline if I choose host and play. But recently this does not happen correctly. Okay, my problem is that when I try to invite others from any terraria web server they CANNOT join. I gave them "75.174.77.147:7777" to connect and it doesn't work for anyone. Don't bother trying to connect, I already port forwarded this ip, the files I gave you in the forum gives a understanding, and I already launched it from terrariaserver.exe, Hamachi is not an option all it does is disconnect me from the web. Yes, I'm aware I can login using 127.0.01, it's a good thing to know IT IS working but others cannot join. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Portforwarded.png
    Portforwarded.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Server online.png
    Server online.png
    8 KB · Views: 168
  • Website of launched server.png
    Website of launched server.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 159
IU see the problem right when you said it I checked my firewall and it said terraria was available through private connections but not public I'll see if it works this time. I'll give you a heads up if it works or not.
[DOUBLEPOST=1420169024][/DOUBLEPOST]Still doesn't connect.

enter the firewall advanced settings and look for terraria that may have a red cross on it. change it to "allow connection". I had that problem and that solved it for me :p

Well I checked both of what you guys said and everything is normal. It's probably the fact that I know nothing about hosting, but like I said all I do is follow instructions from YouTube or other websites, even the main terraria webpage. But is hosting a 24/7 server difficult to achieve? All the sources I get don't explain anything for me. Could you give me a step by step of how you would do it?

I have a solution for u in 10 beautiful steps

1. Install gameranger and tell your friends to do so. Then register
2. Locate terraria folder if it doesn't do it automatically
3. click "Host"
4. Select a password
5. tell your friends to join the gameranger room
6. Once you are all ready in the lobby, the host has to click start
7. In game, the host selects a character and a world
8. Once the host is in game, everybody's else game will start automatically, and they will be able to select character
9.????
10.Profit

Epilogue: like this post

Well I don't have any friends that I can test that out, also I don't want my entire server to be dedicated to an installation, if its my only option then can you test it out with me? But if there's another solution I'll take another route, after all not many users are going to install external software, I want it to be a public server.

Well I don't have any friends that I can test that out, also I don't want my entire server to be dedicated to an installation, if its my only option then can you test it out with me? But if there's another solution I'll take another route, after all not many users are going to install external software, I want it to be a public server.
Mmmm, the only way i see it possible is to let me see your firewall settings by private message. However, it's almost 4 am in my country so I'm going to sleep :p

Back
Top Bottom