My Skyware Tower

oscarswider

Terrarian
Check out my tower, it's made of poorly placed screenshots so it's not an exact image, but put the pieces together in your head, because it's too hard to do in paint!

Screenshot (39).png
Screenshot (37).png
Screenshot (18).png
Screenshot (35).png
Screenshot (34).png

Give me all your criticizms please! :)

I love Sunplate, this is awesome. Although I don't agree with the use of slime blocks I think they are, Sunplate is awesome can't get enough of it.
10/11 IGN

I love Sunplate, this is awesome. Although I don't agree with the use of slime blocks I think they are, Sunplate is awesome can't get enough of it.
10/11 IGN
Lol I didn't use slime blocks, those are gemspark, I wanted the roofs to glow
IGN r8s 8/8 m8
[DOUBLEPOST=1426475727][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not much too say when you can just be amazed at what you're looking at.

Since that is a matter of opinion, I wouldn't even know what constitutes a perfect build.

I do like that double sun feature, where there's a sun right in the middle of the window, and then another(is it a sun?) at the top of the glass.
Thank you!
I was just saying that to get some tips from people. I want to make this build as good as I can :)
And yes that's a sun, this build is very "sun themed"
I made it specifically so that if you sit in the throne at the top at noon, you can see the sun in the centre of the window.

criticism(im going from bottom to top):
-the very first big room looks empty, this may be the intention, but it's not a good empty IMO, try to play around with the background, use more wall materials, give some detail to those windows to begin with.
-very boring looking rooms, they are all the same, this doesnt need to be a bad thing, but when they are rectangles... it is.
-when we get to the more tower-ish part, it gets really boring, it's just way too empty.
-i like the little side-towers, but their furnishing is kinda meh, and generally same as what i've already said.
-i like the way you organized the armors and trophies up there.
-i also like the way you used the gemspark, i'd use it a bit more overall.

I like the changes you've made to the tower, particularly the bottom levels and the support columns along the sides.
The way you re-worked the second level (from the bottom) with the maze-like decor on the sides makes it feel much less...bulby(?) than it did before. That's a good thing, in my opinion. The room is much smaller, and feels more complete, but you didn't have to knock away a ton of walls to accomplish it.
I'm also a big fan of bordered windows and spiral stairs, so I approve of those changes as well. One last thing, yay for no more perfectly rectangular rooms!

What would I suggest? For starters, the huge square window on the middle level is a little off putting. I think a round window of the same size would look great there. Or, you could get some deep yellow and white paints, and paint the sunflower symbol into the glass (the gemspark one a little ways up your tower).

The floors are a bit bare right now. Some areas may look good with a carpet. In my builds, I take sand, hammer it into a half block, then paint over it to get a "carpet" look.

I'm really into hand making trees, so I just have to point out that I think a few little trees would look good on the very bottom between each of the pillars. I'd grab a living wood wand, a leaf want, and have at it. Of course you'd want to be able to walk through them afterwards, so I'd also bring a bunch of actuators and wire stuff. Just a suggestion.

One last thing I noticed, it seems like you ran out of the material you were using on the very bottom of the tower, since the gold only goes part way through. I think it looks perfectly fin with the blue against the dirt, so you could probably get rid of the gold on the right side.

That's all that comes to mind, for me. Good looking build, and great update! Keep it up!

I like the changes you've made to the tower, particularly the bottom levels and the support columns along the sides.
The way you re-worked the second level (from the bottom) with the maze-like decor on the sides makes it feel much less...bulby(?) than it did before. That's a good thing, in my opinion. The room is much smaller, and feels more complete, but you didn't have to knock away a ton of walls to accomplish it.
I'm also a big fan of bordered windows and spiral stairs, so I approve of those changes as well. One last thing, yay for no more perfectly rectangular rooms!

What would I suggest? For starters, the huge square window on the middle level is a little off putting. I think a round window of the same size would look great there. Or, you could get some deep yellow and white paints, and paint the sunflower symbol into the glass (the gemspark one a little ways up your tower).

The floors are a bit bare right now. Some areas may look good with a carpet. In my builds, I take sand, hammer it into a half block, then paint over it to get a "carpet" look.

I'm really into hand making trees, so I just have to point out that I think a few little trees would look good on the very bottom between each of the pillars. I'd grab a living wood wand, a leaf want, and have at it. Of course you'd want to be able to walk through them afterwards, so I'd also bring a bunch of actuators and wire stuff. Just a suggestion.

One last thing I noticed, it seems like you ran out of the material you were using on the very bottom of the tower, since the gold only goes part way through. I think it looks perfectly fin with the blue against the dirt, so you could probably get rid of the gold on the right side.

That's all that comes to mind, for me. Good looking build, and great update! Keep it up!
Yeah those rectangle rooms had to go. The were temporary NPC housing. The square window is meant to connect to the windows above it as if one big arch shaped window separated into segments at the different levels you can stand at. But I'll try and paint a cool sun in the middle of it.

Did you come up with the idea for the caarpets? I never would have thought of it, I'll see how a blue carpet looks.

That idea for the trees is great. I'm really good at hand making trees (not bragging, just saying it comes easily to me) and I was looking for something nice to fill in the space.

Lol I don't run out of material with gemeiki. The sunplate seems to connect to the dirt, but other materials like cloud and platinum ore don't connect, so when it's on dirt the blue connects, but on something else it creates the yellow burder, I'll fix that.

Thanks A LOT for the tips, I'll see how it looks.

Yeah those rectangle rooms had to go. The were temporary NPC housing. The square window is meant to connect to the windows above it as if one big arch shaped window separated into segments at the different levels you can stand at. But I'll try and paint a cool sun in the middle of it.

Did you come up with the idea for the caarpets? I never would have thought of it, I'll see how a blue carpet looks.

That idea for the trees is great. I'm really good at hand making trees (not bragging, just saying it comes easily to me) and I was looking for something nice to fill in the space.

Lol I don't run out of material with gemeiki. The sunplate seems to connect to the dirt, but other materials like cloud and platinum ore don't connect, so when it's on dirt the blue connects, but on something else it creates the yellow burder, I'll fix that.

Thanks A LOT for the tips, I'll see how it looks.

That makes sense. I guess I should've noticed the gameiki beaker in the right corners, lol. Maybe knock out the ore and stone, and replace with dirt then? Just a thought ^.^

Have some fun building those trees! I'm glad you like the idea. I know what you're talking about, though. Trees are somewhat of my specialty in my builds. You can check some of them out by clicking on my signature below :D

I knew what you were doing with the large square window, but when you broke apart the really long one with those platforms, it makes them look less connected, and more like individual windows. That's just my opinion. I don't expect you to do anything I suggest, I'm just spewing random thoughts at you. ;D

As far as the carpet goes, I had wanted carpet in the game for quite some time, and when 1.2 released, I saw my chance to experiment and make some. I'm the only person I've seen that puts it in builds, most likely because it makes it near impossible to work with furniture, but that's why I don't carpet an entire room or building.

I look forward to your next update, or next build even.

Last edited:
the tree idea isn;t really working out, the areas I have to work with are too small :/ I'm gonna see if anything else can fill in the space

Could you add something like fireworks? That way you could celebrate this amazing tower!
And does anyone notice the feather and the silver coin in the latest picture? Harpies.

emptyness isnt really a good excuse for a single item abuse... you could use other decorations instead

Back
Top Bottom